Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

One Piece Vs Discussion Thread: Power, Strengths, Abilities etc.

<< First < Prev 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #3,141
10-17-2013 12:52 AM
Joined: 11-01-2011
Posts: 8,322
offline
PandaG
PandaG
GroovyQ
Rep: 116

Redx wrote: Smh more Shanks dickriding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nL1Z8gSeM



Yeah. KOL’s logic was flawed in terms of why Shanks would be above Dragon.

Both Iva & Kuma were inactive in the revs. Plus we don’t know how many commanders Dragon has.

People tend to assume they were the strongest because they were shown first.


__________________

[Reply] #3,142
10-17-2013 01:55 AM
Joined: 07-16-2013
Posts: 4,618
offline
E.O.S
E.O.S
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 77

Redx wrote: Smh more Shanks dickriding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nL1Z8gSeM



Did this nigga just question whether or not it was Dragon who saved Luffy in Louge Town with the lightning? He thinks Dragon is a wind Logia?


__________________

[Reply] #3,143
10-17-2013 02:56 AM
Joined: 08-26-2013
Posts: 448
offline
Aomine Fanboy
Aomine Fanboy
Regular
Rep: 17

EnemyOfDaState wrote:

Redx wrote: Smh more Shanks dickriding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nL1Z8gSeM



Did this nigga just question whether or not it was Dragon who saved Luffy in Louge Town with the lightning? He thinks Dragon is a wind Logia?



Even though I disagree with Kol’s opinion regarding Shanks, there isn’t really any proof that Dragon saved him with lightning and Wind is the only power he was shown to ever have.


__________________

Edited 10-17-2013 02:56 AM by Aomine Fanboy
[Reply] #3,144
10-17-2013 03:06 AM
Joined: 07-16-2013
Posts: 4,618
offline
E.O.S
E.O.S
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 77

Aomine Fanboy wrote:

EnemyOfDaState wrote:

Redx wrote: Smh more Shanks dickriding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nL1Z8gSeM



Did this nigga just question whether or not it was Dragon who saved Luffy in Louge Town with the lightning? He thinks Dragon is a wind Logia?



Even though I disagree with Kol’s opinion regarding Shanks, there isn’t really any proof that Dragon saved him with lightning and Wind is the only power he was shown to ever have.



Honestly i think we have more the enough proof to say that Dragon has weather power devil fruit. It makes more sense to assume that he created the lightning then to assume some random person who was never hinted at did it.


__________________

[Reply] #3,145
10-17-2013 03:14 AM
Joined: 08-26-2013
Posts: 448
offline
Aomine Fanboy
Aomine Fanboy
Regular
Rep: 17

EnemyOfDaState wrote: Honestly i think we have more the enough proof to say that Dragon has weather power devil fruit. It makes more sense to assume that he created the lightning then to assume some random person who was never hinted at did it.


But how is there enough proof when he was only hinted at using wind and nothing else?

It was already stated at that point and time that Luffy has tremendous luck and that’s why his life was spared.

There isn’t really anything at the moment that says Dragon did it so the logical conclusion a person would come to is that he’s a wind logia.


__________________

Edited 10-17-2013 03:15 AM by Aomine Fanboy
[Reply] #3,146
10-19-2013 05:57 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Guys the lightning shit was just portrayed to be an act of mere luck. A trait Luffy has in common with Roger.

There is no indication that Dragon had anything to do with it.

Dragon is more than likely a Wind logia.

That Weather DF is nothing but baseless fan nonsense.

You can still manipulate the weather via altering air currents and air pressure in a given area.

(You can find better links via google)
http://www.komonews.com/weather/faq/4347756.html

Dragon doesn’t need a weather DF to do that.


__________________

Edited 10-19-2013 05:58 PM by Redx
[Reply] #3,147
10-21-2013 08:11 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Something me and PandaG cooked up for Ya’ll.

Devil Fruits & Logias

A lot of people don’t seem to understand Devil Fruits or how things work within One Piece so I thought I’d take to time to address some of these erroneous assumptions.

1) The abilities produces (Paramecia) are strange and not natural at all.

People seem to be under the impression that Devil Fruits in One Piece are somehow magical or mystical. This is false. People assume this because Devil Fruits are fruits that somehow give people superhuman abilities. They cannot think of an explanation for this so they go throughout the series labeling every ability they see as magic simply because they themselves do not deem this to be natural or cannot explain them. Everyone should really try to keep in mind that this is fiction and every little abnormal thing you see that wouldn’t exist in our world is not automatically magic or magic related. People have even tried to point out weird things like Lassoo or Funkfreed in an attempt to prove(and I&#146;m using that term rather loosely here) that Devil Fruits are magic based. And the logic behind this is merely that something like this is so far from the norm that this can’t possibly be natural. However as I said earlier this is fiction and Natural=/=Normal.

The abilities are not natural by our world’s standard, but the OP world is vastly different from ours, creatures such as Dwarfs & Dragon’s are part of the natural world. Just because something isn’t normal, doesn’t mean it isn’t natural. This is also the same world in which people 1000 years before the current storyline had technology capable of building an electrically powered ancient city, robots and facilitated travel from their planet to the moon.

For people who still don’t completely comprehend that being natural IS NOT the same as being normal, instead of just reciting definitions let me just give a small example seeing as how this isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

Take a look at these odd weather phenomena.
http://www.planetpals.com/weather_phenomena.html

You know that these things do not occur due to magic or anything supernatural because those things do not exist. They are phenomena that occur via perfectly natural laws. Yet how many of these could you consider to be normal? See the difference between the two terms? Good.


2) DF’s are magical/not natural

Devil Fruits aren’t understood by most of the population of the OP world, which is why some people call it magic. Devil Fruits naturally (as in, without human interference) re-spawn when a DF user dies in some location around the globe.

[img]



Not once in any interview or SBS question involving Devil Fruits has Oda ever even referred to or implied Devil Fruits to be magic related. In fact he’s even stated that Luffy’s rubber is completely natural rubber[SBS Volume 8]. Now natural rubber does start off as a goo(though you could simply consider this as natural rubber that functions in a similar manner to processed rubber seeing as how this is fiction and Oda can do whatever he wants) but the main point here is that Oda does not consider this ability to be magical. If Devil Fruits were actually magic then Luffy’s fruit would be no exception. However we can see that this is clearly not the case. If Devil Fruits were magic Oda would have referred to them as such. Yet he did not.

Even further evidence of Devil Fruits not being magical is the fact that they are scientifically understood and can be scientifically reproduced via natural materials. These scientists aren’t going around waving magic wands around a cauldron and chanting magic words in order to make a Devil Fruit appear. Nor do they manipulate any magic or mystical energies. They simply go into the lab and reproduce a DF via scientific means. Seeing as how Devil Fruits have a scientific explanation then they can’t be considered magic regardless of ones opinion on the matter because magic and the supernatural are things that are defined as being mysterious and cannot be understood by science. If something has a scientific explanation then it is by definition not magical.


3) Logia’s

Oda stated[SBS Volume 30] that Logias are capable of changing their human bodies into something found within nature meaning that what they change into is the exact thing you can find anywhere within nature. Meaning they are natural. To someone with common sense the matter should have been settled right there. However there are those who try to base the context of Oda’s statement on the context of a completely different series. We’ve already established that he doesn’t consider these abilities to be magic. Nor do the abilities operate on supernatural/magic based principals. So why is that people try to equate the logia’s natural elemental manipulation with other series that require that element to be infused/altered with a supernatural/magic energy before they can be controlled? Such things clearly don’t apply to Logias who can control their element if it happens to be lying around even when they didnt produce said element.

They’ve been shown to manipulate their element outside of what they produce from their bodies, such as Crocodile, who states that he is stronger in the desert;



Which is shown by how he is able to manipulate the sand around the area when he fights against Luffy and send a sandstorm to Yuba.



Enel causing lightning bolt to strike from the clouds by merely waving his hand.



Or Ceaser Clown manipulating oxygen in the atmosphere to prevent Luffy from breathing and stopping Usopp’s fire based attack;



Oda didn’t state that they mimic the element or produce a fake duplicate, and the context of the series has never presented logia’s as having produced fake forms of elements that appear in nature. Just the opposite. He even explicitly states that[SBS Volume 35] Logias turn their bodies into the element rather than merely copying or producing a fake.

4) Public Perception and superstition vs Reality and knowledge

The notion that superstition and magic are nonsense and that there is a natural scientific explanation for everything is a prevalent theme throughout One Piece.

Oda(as previously pointed out) does not consider these abilities to be magic nor does he refer to them as such. The idea that Devil Fruits are Magic is nothing more than superstition brought on by the ignorant populace who don’t understand what they are and can’t think of anything else to call them besides magic. An example of this would be Kinemon a Samurai from place thats pretty much ignorant from being independent and closed off from the rest of the world not knowing that he ate a Devil Fruit and thinking that he is able to use sorcery. It should be noted that he also mistakes Robin and Nami’s attacks/abilities as “Ninja techniques” and Usopp’s pop greens as “witchcraft”.

Blueno’s statement further implies that theres nothing “supernatural” about Devil Fruits. Rumors of magic or devils are viewed as nonsense to the grand line scientists when it comes to DFs.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/385%20-%20There%20is%20a%20Way/One_Piece-v40-149[Null].png

This gives more credence to the fact that the assumption of DFs being magical is just the result of common people making things up because they have no idea how they actually work. This notion of there being a natural scientific explanation for everything in their world is a reoccurring theme in One Piece as seen when Noland describes superstition, blood sacrifice rituals, and belief in gods as foolishness and continually perpetuates the idea that superstition is something that only exists in the minds of the ignorant.(Theres a myriad of examples of this in Skypeia)

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2015.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2016.png

This theme is seen yet again when members of the new Fishmen pirates confused Nami’s Sorcery Climatact for actual magic. Nami then corrects them by denouncing that and states that her ability is purely science.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/02.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/03.png

It is clear that the people’s interpretation of these fruits and abilities is false hence why Oda states[SBS Volume 48] that Vegapunk the world’s greatest scientist in the series will explain what they really are. If these abilities were simply magic like everyone thinks then there would be no big mystery as to what they “really are” in the first place. Devil Fruits may give rise to some abnormal and seemingly logic defying abilities but that in and of itself does not inherently make them magical.




Enjoy.


__________________

Edited 06-07-2014 10:29 AM by Redx
[Reply] #3,148
10-21-2013 08:24 PM
Joined: 11-01-2011
Posts: 8,322
offline
PandaG
PandaG
GroovyQ
Rep: 116

I think anybody who can understand/picked up on some of the context clues presented in the series will agree.


__________________

Edited 10-21-2013 08:24 PM by PandaG
[Reply] #3,149
10-21-2013 08:26 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

^ Indeed.


__________________

[Reply] #3,150
10-21-2013 08:35 PM
Joined: 07-16-2013
Posts: 4,618
offline
E.O.S
E.O.S
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 77

Redx wrote: Something me and PandaG cooked up for Ya’ll.

Devil Fruits and Logias

A lot of people don’t seem to understand Devil Fruits or how things work within One Piece so I thought I’d take to time to address some of these erroneous assumptions.

1) “The abilities produces (Paramecia) are strange and not natural at all.”

People seem to be under the impression that Devil Fruits in One Piece are somehow magical or mystical. This is false. People assume this because Devil Fruits are fruits that somehow give people superhuman abilities. They cannot think of an explanation for this so they go throughout the series labeling every ability they see as magic simply because they themselves do not deem this to be natural. Everyone should really try to keep in mind that this is fiction and every little abnormal thing you see that wouldn’t exist in our world is not automatically magic or magic related. People have even tried to point out weird things like Lassoo or Funkfreed in an attempt to “prove”(and I’m using that term rather loosely here) that Devil Fruits are magic based. And the logic behind this is merely that something like this is so far from the norm that this can’t possibly be natural. However as I said earlier this is fiction and Natural=/=Normal.

The abilities are not natural by our world’s standard, but the OP world is vastly different from ours, creatures such as Dwarfs & Dragon’s are natural world. Just because something isn’t normal, doesn’t mean it isn’t natural. This is also the same world in which people 1000 years before the current storyline had technology capable of building an electrically powered ancient city, robots and facilitated travel from the moon to earth.

For people who still don’t completely comprehend that being natural IS NOT the same as being normal instead of just reciting definitions let me just give a small example seeing as how this isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

Take a look at these odd weather phenomena.
http://www.planetpals.com/weather_phenomena.html

You know that these things do not occur due to magic or anything supernatural because those things do not exist. They are phenomena that occur via perfectly natural laws. Yet how many of these could you consider to be “normal”? See the difference between the two terms? Good.


2) “DF’s are magical/not natural”

Devil Fruits aren’t understood by most of the population of the OP world, which is why some people call it magic. Devil Fruits naturally (as in, without human interference) re-spawn when a DF user dies in some location around the globe.

[img]



Not once in any interview or SBS question involving Devil Fruits has Oda ever even referred to or implied Devil Fruits to be magic related. In fact he’s even stated that Luffy’s rubber is completely natural rubber[SBS Volume 8]. Now natural rubber does start off as a goo(though you could simply consider this as natural rubber that functions in a similar manner to processed rubber seeing as how this is fiction and Oda can do whatever he wants) but the main point here is that Oda does not consider this ability to be magical. If Devil Fruits were actually magic then Luffy’s fruit would be no exception. However we can see that this is clearly not the case. If Devil Fruits were magic Oda would have referred to them as such. Yet he did not.

Even further evidence of Devil Fruits not being magical is the fact that they are scientifically understood and can be scientifically reproduced via natural materials. These scientists aren’t going around waving magic wands around a cauldron and chanting magic words in order to make a Devil Fruit appear. Nor do they manipulate any magic or mystical energies. They simply go into the lab and reproduce a DF via scientific means. Seeing as how Devil Fruits have a scientific explanation then they can’t be considered magic regardless of one’s opinion on the matter because magic and the supernatural are things that are defined as being mysterious and cannot be understood by science. If something has a scientific explanation then it is by definition not magical.


3) Logia’s

Oda stated that Logias are capable of changing their human bodies into something found within nature meaning that what they change into is the exact thing you can find anywhere within nature. Meaning they are natural. To someone with common sense the matter should have been settled right there. However there are those who try to base the context of Oda’s statement on the context of a completely different series. We’ve already established that he doesn’t consider these abilities to be magic. Nor do the abilities operate on supernatural/magic based principals. So why is that people try to equate the logia’s natural elemental manipulation with other series that require that element to be infused/altered with a supernatural/magic energy before they can be controlled? Such things clearly don’t apply to Logias who can control their element if it happens to be lying around even when they didn’t produce said element.

They’ve been shown to manipulate their element outside of what they produce from their bodies, such as Crocodile, who states that he is stronger in the desert;



Which is shown by how he is able to manipulate the sand around the area when he fights against Luffy and send a sandstorm to Yuba.



Enel causing lightning bolt to strike from the clouds by merely waving his hand.



Or Ceaser Clown manipulating oxygen in the atmosphere to prevent Luffy from breathing and stopping Usopp’s fire based attack;



Oda didn’t state that they mimic the element or produce a fake duplicate, and the context of the series has never presented logia’s as having produced fake forms of elements that appear in nature.

4) Public Perception and superstition vs Reality and knowledge

The notion that superstition and magic are nonsense and that there is a natural scientific explanation for everything is a prevalent theme throughout One Piece.

Oda(as previously pointed out) does not consider these abilities to be magic nor does he refer to them as such. The idea that Devil Fruits are Magic is nothing more than superstition brought on by the ignorant populace who don’t understand what they are and can’t think of anything else to call them besides “magic”. An example of this would be Kinemon a Samurai from place that’s pretty much ignorant from being independent and closed off from the rest of the world not knowing that he ate a Devil Fruit and thinking that he is able to use “sorcery”.

Blueno’s statement further implies that theres nothing “supernatural” about Devil Fruits. Rumors of magic or devils are viewed as nonsense to the grand line scientists when it comes to DFs.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/385%20-%20There%20is%20a%20Way/One_Piece-v40-149[Null].png

This gives more credence to the fact that the assumption of DFs being magical is just the result of common people making things up because they have no idea how they actually work. This notion of there being a natural scientific explanation for everything in their world is a reoccurring theme in One Piece as seen when Noland describes superstition, blood sacrifice rituals, and belief in gods as foolishness and continually perpetuates the idea that superstition is something that only exists in the minds of the ignorant.(Theres a myriad of examples of this in Skypeia)

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2015.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2016.png

This theme is seen yet again when members of the new Fishmen pirates confused Nami’s Sorcery Climatact for magic. Nami then corrects them by denouncing that and states that her ability is purely science.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/02.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/03.png

It is clear that the people’s interpretation of these fruits and abilities is false hence why Oda states that Vegapunk the world’s greatest scientist in the series will explain what they ”really are”. If these abilities were simply magic like everyone thinks then there would be no big mystery as to what they “really are” in the first place.




Enjoy.



Bravo i agree with everything i read the fact that people think that the Devil Fruit are “Magic” when Oda openly mocks this theory in One Piece by showing the ignorance of characters like Kinamon and Jyabura
is ridiculous to me.


__________________

[Reply] #3,151
10-21-2013 08:42 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

EnemyOfDaState wrote:

Redx wrote: Something me and PandaG cooked up for Ya’ll.

Devil Fruits and Logias

A lot of people don’t seem to understand Devil Fruits or how things work within One Piece so I thought I’d take to time to address some of these erroneous assumptions.

1) “The abilities produces (Paramecia) are strange and not natural at all.”

People seem to be under the impression that Devil Fruits in One Piece are somehow magical or mystical. This is false. People assume this because Devil Fruits are fruits that somehow give people superhuman abilities. They cannot think of an explanation for this so they go throughout the series labeling every ability they see as magic simply because they themselves do not deem this to be natural. Everyone should really try to keep in mind that this is fiction and every little abnormal thing you see that wouldn’t exist in our world is not automatically magic or magic related. People have even tried to point out weird things like Lassoo or Funkfreed in an attempt to “prove”(and I’m using that term rather loosely here) that Devil Fruits are magic based. And the logic behind this is merely that something like this is so far from the norm that this can’t possibly be natural. However as I said earlier this is fiction and Natural=/=Normal.

The abilities are not natural by our world’s standard, but the OP world is vastly different from ours, creatures such as Dwarfs & Dragon’s are natural world. Just because something isn’t normal, doesn’t mean it isn’t natural. This is also the same world in which people 1000 years before the current storyline had technology capable of building an electrically powered ancient city, robots and facilitated travel from the moon to earth.

For people who still don’t completely comprehend that being natural IS NOT the same as being normal instead of just reciting definitions let me just give a small example seeing as how this isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

Take a look at these odd weather phenomena.
http://www.planetpals.com/weather_phenomena.html

You know that these things do not occur due to magic or anything supernatural because those things do not exist. They are phenomena that occur via perfectly natural laws. Yet how many of these could you consider to be “normal”? See the difference between the two terms? Good.


2) “DF’s are magical/not natural”

Devil Fruits aren’t understood by most of the population of the OP world, which is why some people call it magic. Devil Fruits naturally (as in, without human interference) re-spawn when a DF user dies in some location around the globe.

[img]



Not once in any interview or SBS question involving Devil Fruits has Oda ever even referred to or implied Devil Fruits to be magic related. In fact he’s even stated that Luffy’s rubber is completely natural rubber[SBS Volume 8]. Now natural rubber does start off as a goo(though you could simply consider this as natural rubber that functions in a similar manner to processed rubber seeing as how this is fiction and Oda can do whatever he wants) but the main point here is that Oda does not consider this ability to be magical. If Devil Fruits were actually magic then Luffy’s fruit would be no exception. However we can see that this is clearly not the case. If Devil Fruits were magic Oda would have referred to them as such. Yet he did not.

Even further evidence of Devil Fruits not being magical is the fact that they are scientifically understood and can be scientifically reproduced via natural materials. These scientists aren’t going around waving magic wands around a cauldron and chanting magic words in order to make a Devil Fruit appear. Nor do they manipulate any magic or mystical energies. They simply go into the lab and reproduce a DF via scientific means. Seeing as how Devil Fruits have a scientific explanation then they can’t be considered magic regardless of one’s opinion on the matter because magic and the supernatural are things that are defined as being mysterious and cannot be understood by science. If something has a scientific explanation then it is by definition not magical.


3) Logia’s

Oda stated that Logias are capable of changing their human bodies into something found within nature meaning that what they change into is the exact thing you can find anywhere within nature. Meaning they are natural. To someone with common sense the matter should have been settled right there. However there are those who try to base the context of Oda’s statement on the context of a completely different series. We’ve already established that he doesn’t consider these abilities to be magic. Nor do the abilities operate on supernatural/magic based principals. So why is that people try to equate the logia’s natural elemental manipulation with other series that require that element to be infused/altered with a supernatural/magic energy before they can be controlled? Such things clearly don’t apply to Logias who can control their element if it happens to be lying around even when they didn’t produce said element.

They’ve been shown to manipulate their element outside of what they produce from their bodies, such as Crocodile, who states that he is stronger in the desert;



Which is shown by how he is able to manipulate the sand around the area when he fights against Luffy and send a sandstorm to Yuba.



Enel causing lightning bolt to strike from the clouds by merely waving his hand.



Or Ceaser Clown manipulating oxygen in the atmosphere to prevent Luffy from breathing and stopping Usopp’s fire based attack;



Oda didn’t state that they mimic the element or produce a fake duplicate, and the context of the series has never presented logia’s as having produced fake forms of elements that appear in nature.

4) Public Perception and superstition vs Reality and knowledge

The notion that superstition and magic are nonsense and that there is a natural scientific explanation for everything is a prevalent theme throughout One Piece.

Oda(as previously pointed out) does not consider these abilities to be magic nor does he refer to them as such. The idea that Devil Fruits are Magic is nothing more than superstition brought on by the ignorant populace who don’t understand what they are and can’t think of anything else to call them besides “magic”. An example of this would be Kinemon a Samurai from place that’s pretty much ignorant from being independent and closed off from the rest of the world not knowing that he ate a Devil Fruit and thinking that he is able to use “sorcery”.

Blueno’s statement further implies that theres nothing “supernatural” about Devil Fruits. Rumors of magic or devils are viewed as nonsense to the grand line scientists when it comes to DFs.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/385%20-%20There%20is%20a%20Way/One_Piece-v40-149[Null].png

This gives more credence to the fact that the assumption of DFs being magical is just the result of common people making things up because they have no idea how they actually work. This notion of there being a natural scientific explanation for everything in their world is a reoccurring theme in One Piece as seen when Noland describes superstition, blood sacrifice rituals, and belief in gods as foolishness and continually perpetuates the idea that superstition is something that only exists in the minds of the ignorant.(Theres a myriad of examples of this in Skypeia)

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2015.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2016.png

This theme is seen yet again when members of the new Fishmen pirates confused Nami’s Sorcery Climatact for magic. Nami then corrects them by denouncing that and states that her ability is purely science.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/02.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/03.png

It is clear that the people’s interpretation of these fruits and abilities is false hence why Oda states that Vegapunk the world’s greatest scientist in the series will explain what they ”really are”. If these abilities were simply magic like everyone thinks then there would be no big mystery as to what they “really are” in the first place.




Enjoy.



Bravo i agree with everything i read the fact that people think that the Devil Fruit are “Magic” when Oda openly mocks this theory in One Piece by showing the ignorance of characters like Kinamon and Jyabura is ridiculous to me.

Exactly. It’s just so plain to see that thinking otherwise is just asinine at this point. lol.


__________________

[Reply] #3,152
10-22-2013 05:30 PM
Joined: 08-30-2010
Posts: 5,524
offline
Quincy
Quincy
Yosh
Rep: 71

Redx wrote: Something me and PandaG cooked up for Ya’ll.

Devil Fruits and Logias

A lot of people don’t seem to understand Devil Fruits or how things work within One Piece so I thought I’d take to time to address some of these erroneous assumptions.

1) “The abilities produces (Paramecia) are strange and not natural at all.”

People seem to be under the impression that Devil Fruits in One Piece are somehow magical or mystical. This is false. People assume this because Devil Fruits are fruits that somehow give people superhuman abilities. They cannot think of an explanation for this so they go throughout the series labeling every ability they see as magic simply because they themselves do not deem this to be natural. Everyone should really try to keep in mind that this is fiction and every little abnormal thing you see that wouldn’t exist in our world is not automatically magic or magic related. People have even tried to point out weird things like Lassoo or Funkfreed in an attempt to “prove”(and I’m using that term rather loosely here) that Devil Fruits are magic based. And the logic behind this is merely that something like this is so far from the norm that this can’t possibly be natural. However as I said earlier this is fiction and Natural=/=Normal.

The abilities are not natural by our world’s standard, but the OP world is vastly different from ours, creatures such as Dwarfs & Dragon’s are natural world. Just because something isn’t normal, doesn’t mean it isn’t natural. This is also the same world in which people 1000 years before the current storyline had technology capable of building an electrically powered ancient city, robots and facilitated travel from the moon to earth.

For people who still don’t completely comprehend that being natural IS NOT the same as being normal instead of just reciting definitions let me just give a small example seeing as how this isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

Take a look at these odd weather phenomena.
http://www.planetpals.com/weather_phenomena.html

You know that these things do not occur due to magic or anything supernatural because those things do not exist. They are phenomena that occur via perfectly natural laws. Yet how many of these could you consider to be “normal”? See the difference between the two terms? Good.


2) “DF’s are magical/not natural”

Devil Fruits aren’t understood by most of the population of the OP world, which is why some people call it magic. Devil Fruits naturally (as in, without human interference) re-spawn when a DF user dies in some location around the globe.

[img]



Not once in any interview or SBS question involving Devil Fruits has Oda ever even referred to or implied Devil Fruits to be magic related. In fact he’s even stated that Luffy’s rubber is completely natural rubber[SBS Volume 8]. Now natural rubber does start off as a goo(though you could simply consider this as natural rubber that functions in a similar manner to processed rubber seeing as how this is fiction and Oda can do whatever he wants) but the main point here is that Oda does not consider this ability to be magical. If Devil Fruits were actually magic then Luffy’s fruit would be no exception. However we can see that this is clearly not the case. If Devil Fruits were magic Oda would have referred to them as such. Yet he did not.

Even further evidence of Devil Fruits not being magical is the fact that they are scientifically understood and can be scientifically reproduced via natural materials. These scientists aren’t going around waving magic wands around a cauldron and chanting magic words in order to make a Devil Fruit appear. Nor do they manipulate any magic or mystical energies. They simply go into the lab and reproduce a DF via scientific means. Seeing as how Devil Fruits have a scientific explanation then they can’t be considered magic regardless of one’s opinion on the matter because magic and the supernatural are things that are defined as being mysterious and cannot be understood by science. If something has a scientific explanation then it is by definition not magical.


3) Logia’s

Oda stated that Logias are capable of changing their human bodies into something found within nature meaning that what they change into is the exact thing you can find anywhere within nature. Meaning they are natural. To someone with common sense the matter should have been settled right there. However there are those who try to base the context of Oda’s statement on the context of a completely different series. We’ve already established that he doesn’t consider these abilities to be magic. Nor do the abilities operate on supernatural/magic based principals. So why is that people try to equate the logia’s natural elemental manipulation with other series that require that element to be infused/altered with a supernatural/magic energy before they can be controlled? Such things clearly don’t apply to Logias who can control their element if it happens to be lying around even when they didn’t produce said element.

They’ve been shown to manipulate their element outside of what they produce from their bodies, such as Crocodile, who states that he is stronger in the desert;



Which is shown by how he is able to manipulate the sand around the area when he fights against Luffy and send a sandstorm to Yuba.



Enel causing lightning bolt to strike from the clouds by merely waving his hand.



Or Ceaser Clown manipulating oxygen in the atmosphere to prevent Luffy from breathing and stopping Usopp’s fire based attack;



Oda didn’t state that they mimic the element or produce a fake duplicate, and the context of the series has never presented logia’s as having produced fake forms of elements that appear in nature.

4) Public Perception and superstition vs Reality and knowledge

The notion that superstition and magic are nonsense and that there is a natural scientific explanation for everything is a prevalent theme throughout One Piece.

Oda(as previously pointed out) does not consider these abilities to be magic nor does he refer to them as such. The idea that Devil Fruits are Magic is nothing more than superstition brought on by the ignorant populace who don’t understand what they are and can’t think of anything else to call them besides “magic”. An example of this would be Kinemon a Samurai from place that’s pretty much ignorant from being independent and closed off from the rest of the world not knowing that he ate a Devil Fruit and thinking that he is able to use “sorcery”.

Blueno’s statement further implies that theres nothing “supernatural” about Devil Fruits. Rumors of magic or devils are viewed as nonsense to the grand line scientists when it comes to DFs.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/385%20-%20There%20is%20a%20Way/One_Piece-v40-149[Null].png

This gives more credence to the fact that the assumption of DFs being magical is just the result of common people making things up because they have no idea how they actually work. This notion of there being a natural scientific explanation for everything in their world is a reoccurring theme in One Piece as seen when Noland describes superstition, blood sacrifice rituals, and belief in gods as foolishness and continually perpetuates the idea that superstition is something that only exists in the minds of the ignorant.(Theres a myriad of examples of this in Skypeia)

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2015.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2016.png

This theme is seen yet again when members of the new Fishmen pirates confused Nami’s Sorcery Climatact for magic. Nami then corrects them by denouncing that and states that her ability is purely science.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/02.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/03.png

It is clear that the people’s interpretation of these fruits and abilities is false hence why Oda states that Vegapunk the world’s greatest scientist in the series will explain what they ”really are”. If these abilities were simply magic like everyone thinks then there would be no big mystery as to what they “really are” in the first place.




Enjoy.



Good thing this page was posted in the first post.

[Reply] #3,153
10-22-2013 05:36 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Quincy wrote:

Redx wrote: Something me and PandaG cooked up for Ya’ll.

Devil Fruits and Logias

A lot of people don’t seem to understand Devil Fruits or how things work within One Piece so I thought I’d take to time to address some of these erroneous assumptions.

1) “The abilities produces (Paramecia) are strange and not natural at all.”

People seem to be under the impression that Devil Fruits in One Piece are somehow magical or mystical. This is false. People assume this because Devil Fruits are fruits that somehow give people superhuman abilities. They cannot think of an explanation for this so they go throughout the series labeling every ability they see as magic simply because they themselves do not deem this to be natural. Everyone should really try to keep in mind that this is fiction and every little abnormal thing you see that wouldn’t exist in our world is not automatically magic or magic related. People have even tried to point out weird things like Lassoo or Funkfreed in an attempt to “prove”(and I’m using that term rather loosely here) that Devil Fruits are magic based. And the logic behind this is merely that something like this is so far from the norm that this can’t possibly be natural. However as I said earlier this is fiction and Natural=/=Normal.

The abilities are not natural by our world’s standard, but the OP world is vastly different from ours, creatures such as Dwarfs & Dragon’s are natural world. Just because something isn’t normal, doesn’t mean it isn’t natural. This is also the same world in which people 1000 years before the current storyline had technology capable of building an electrically powered ancient city, robots and facilitated travel from the moon to earth.

For people who still don’t completely comprehend that being natural IS NOT the same as being normal instead of just reciting definitions let me just give a small example seeing as how this isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

Take a look at these odd weather phenomena.
http://www.planetpals.com/weather_phenomena.html

You know that these things do not occur due to magic or anything supernatural because those things do not exist. They are phenomena that occur via perfectly natural laws. Yet how many of these could you consider to be “normal”? See the difference between the two terms? Good.


2) “DF’s are magical/not natural”

Devil Fruits aren’t understood by most of the population of the OP world, which is why some people call it magic. Devil Fruits naturally (as in, without human interference) re-spawn when a DF user dies in some location around the globe.

[img]



Not once in any interview or SBS question involving Devil Fruits has Oda ever even referred to or implied Devil Fruits to be magic related. In fact he’s even stated that Luffy’s rubber is completely natural rubber[SBS Volume 8]. Now natural rubber does start off as a goo(though you could simply consider this as natural rubber that functions in a similar manner to processed rubber seeing as how this is fiction and Oda can do whatever he wants) but the main point here is that Oda does not consider this ability to be magical. If Devil Fruits were actually magic then Luffy’s fruit would be no exception. However we can see that this is clearly not the case. If Devil Fruits were magic Oda would have referred to them as such. Yet he did not.

Even further evidence of Devil Fruits not being magical is the fact that they are scientifically understood and can be scientifically reproduced via natural materials. These scientists aren’t going around waving magic wands around a cauldron and chanting magic words in order to make a Devil Fruit appear. Nor do they manipulate any magic or mystical energies. They simply go into the lab and reproduce a DF via scientific means. Seeing as how Devil Fruits have a scientific explanation then they can’t be considered magic regardless of one’s opinion on the matter because magic and the supernatural are things that are defined as being mysterious and cannot be understood by science. If something has a scientific explanation then it is by definition not magical.


3) Logia’s

Oda stated that Logias are capable of changing their human bodies into something found within nature meaning that what they change into is the exact thing you can find anywhere within nature. Meaning they are natural. To someone with common sense the matter should have been settled right there. However there are those who try to base the context of Oda’s statement on the context of a completely different series. We’ve already established that he doesn’t consider these abilities to be magic. Nor do the abilities operate on supernatural/magic based principals. So why is that people try to equate the logia’s natural elemental manipulation with other series that require that element to be infused/altered with a supernatural/magic energy before they can be controlled? Such things clearly don’t apply to Logias who can control their element if it happens to be lying around even when they didn’t produce said element.

They’ve been shown to manipulate their element outside of what they produce from their bodies, such as Crocodile, who states that he is stronger in the desert;



Which is shown by how he is able to manipulate the sand around the area when he fights against Luffy and send a sandstorm to Yuba.



Enel causing lightning bolt to strike from the clouds by merely waving his hand.



Or Ceaser Clown manipulating oxygen in the atmosphere to prevent Luffy from breathing and stopping Usopp’s fire based attack;



Oda didn’t state that they mimic the element or produce a fake duplicate, and the context of the series has never presented logia’s as having produced fake forms of elements that appear in nature.

4) Public Perception and superstition vs Reality and knowledge

The notion that superstition and magic are nonsense and that there is a natural scientific explanation for everything is a prevalent theme throughout One Piece.

Oda(as previously pointed out) does not consider these abilities to be magic nor does he refer to them as such. The idea that Devil Fruits are Magic is nothing more than superstition brought on by the ignorant populace who don’t understand what they are and can’t think of anything else to call them besides “magic”. An example of this would be Kinemon a Samurai from place that’s pretty much ignorant from being independent and closed off from the rest of the world not knowing that he ate a Devil Fruit and thinking that he is able to use “sorcery”.

Blueno’s statement further implies that theres nothing “supernatural” about Devil Fruits. Rumors of magic or devils are viewed as nonsense to the grand line scientists when it comes to DFs.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/385%20-%20There%20is%20a%20Way/One_Piece-v40-149[Null].png

This gives more credence to the fact that the assumption of DFs being magical is just the result of common people making things up because they have no idea how they actually work. This notion of there being a natural scientific explanation for everything in their world is a reoccurring theme in One Piece as seen when Noland describes superstition, blood sacrifice rituals, and belief in gods as foolishness and continually perpetuates the idea that superstition is something that only exists in the minds of the ignorant.(Theres a myriad of examples of this in Skypeia)

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2015.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2016.png

This theme is seen yet again when members of the new Fishmen pirates confused Nami’s Sorcery Climatact for magic. Nami then corrects them by denouncing that and states that her ability is purely science.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/02.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/03.png

It is clear that the people’s interpretation of these fruits and abilities is false hence why Oda states that Vegapunk the world’s greatest scientist in the series will explain what they ”really are”. If these abilities were simply magic like everyone thinks then there would be no big mystery as to what they “really are” in the first place.




Enjoy.



Good thing this page was posted in the first post.

Yeah, we decided to keep a little index so that we don’t have to go searching through dozens of pages for something we previously discussed.


__________________

[Reply] #3,154
10-25-2013 12:33 AM
Joined: 05-30-2013
Posts: 4,019
offline
NiTian ErXing a.k.a Grand Marshal
NiTian ErXing a.k.a Grand Marshal
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 77

Redx wrote: Something me and PandaG cooked up for Ya’ll.

Devil Fruits and Logias

A lot of people don’t seem to understand Devil Fruits or how things work within One Piece so I thought I’d take to time to address some of these erroneous assumptions.

1) “The abilities produces (Paramecia) are strange and not natural at all.”

People seem to be under the impression that Devil Fruits in One Piece are somehow magical or mystical. This is false. People assume this because Devil Fruits are fruits that somehow give people superhuman abilities. They cannot think of an explanation for this so they go throughout the series labeling every ability they see as magic simply because they themselves do not deem this to be natural. Everyone should really try to keep in mind that this is fiction and every little abnormal thing you see that wouldn’t exist in our world is not automatically magic or magic related. People have even tried to point out weird things like Lassoo or Funkfreed in an attempt to “prove”(and I’m using that term rather loosely here) that Devil Fruits are magic based. And the logic behind this is merely that something like this is so far from the norm that this can’t possibly be natural. However as I said earlier this is fiction and Natural=/=Normal.

The abilities are not natural by our world’s standard, but the OP world is vastly different from ours, creatures such as Dwarfs & Dragon’s are natural world. Just because something isn’t normal, doesn’t mean it isn’t natural. This is also the same world in which people 1000 years before the current storyline had technology capable of building an electrically powered ancient city, robots and facilitated travel from the moon to earth.

For people who still don’t completely comprehend that being natural IS NOT the same as being normal instead of just reciting definitions let me just give a small example seeing as how this isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

Take a look at these odd weather phenomena.
http://www.planetpals.com/weather_phenomena.html

You know that these things do not occur due to magic or anything supernatural because those things do not exist. They are phenomena that occur via perfectly natural laws. Yet how many of these could you consider to be “normal”? See the difference between the two terms? Good.


2) “DF’s are magical/not natural”

Devil Fruits aren’t understood by most of the population of the OP world, which is why some people call it magic. Devil Fruits naturally (as in, without human interference) re-spawn when a DF user dies in some location around the globe.

[img]



Not once in any interview or SBS question involving Devil Fruits has Oda ever even referred to or implied Devil Fruits to be magic related. In fact he’s even stated that Luffy’s rubber is completely natural rubber[SBS Volume 8]. Now natural rubber does start off as a goo(though you could simply consider this as natural rubber that functions in a similar manner to processed rubber seeing as how this is fiction and Oda can do whatever he wants) but the main point here is that Oda does not consider this ability to be magical. If Devil Fruits were actually magic then Luffy’s fruit would be no exception. However we can see that this is clearly not the case. If Devil Fruits were magic Oda would have referred to them as such. Yet he did not.

Even further evidence of Devil Fruits not being magical is the fact that they are scientifically understood and can be scientifically reproduced via natural materials. These scientists aren’t going around waving magic wands around a cauldron and chanting magic words in order to make a Devil Fruit appear. Nor do they manipulate any magic or mystical energies. They simply go into the lab and reproduce a DF via scientific means. Seeing as how Devil Fruits have a scientific explanation then they can’t be considered magic regardless of one’s opinion on the matter because magic and the supernatural are things that are defined as being mysterious and cannot be understood by science. If something has a scientific explanation then it is by definition not magical.


3) Logia’s

Oda stated that Logias are capable of changing their human bodies into something found within nature meaning that what they change into is the exact thing you can find anywhere within nature. Meaning they are natural. To someone with common sense the matter should have been settled right there. However there are those who try to base the context of Oda’s statement on the context of a completely different series. We’ve already established that he doesn’t consider these abilities to be magic. Nor do the abilities operate on supernatural/magic based principals. So why is that people try to equate the logia’s natural elemental manipulation with other series that require that element to be infused/altered with a supernatural/magic energy before they can be controlled? Such things clearly don’t apply to Logias who can control their element if it happens to be lying around even when they didn’t produce said element.

They’ve been shown to manipulate their element outside of what they produce from their bodies, such as Crocodile, who states that he is stronger in the desert;



Which is shown by how he is able to manipulate the sand around the area when he fights against Luffy and send a sandstorm to Yuba.



Enel causing lightning bolt to strike from the clouds by merely waving his hand.



Or Ceaser Clown manipulating oxygen in the atmosphere to prevent Luffy from breathing and stopping Usopp’s fire based attack;



Oda didn’t state that they mimic the element or produce a fake duplicate, and the context of the series has never presented logia’s as having produced fake forms of elements that appear in nature.

4) Public Perception and superstition vs Reality and knowledge

The notion that superstition and magic are nonsense and that there is a natural scientific explanation for everything is a prevalent theme throughout One Piece.

Oda(as previously pointed out) does not consider these abilities to be magic nor does he refer to them as such. The idea that Devil Fruits are Magic is nothing more than superstition brought on by the ignorant populace who don’t understand what they are and can’t think of anything else to call them besides “magic”. An example of this would be Kinemon a Samurai from place that’s pretty much ignorant from being independent and closed off from the rest of the world not knowing that he ate a Devil Fruit and thinking that he is able to use “sorcery”.

Blueno’s statement further implies that theres nothing “supernatural” about Devil Fruits. Rumors of magic or devils are viewed as nonsense to the grand line scientists when it comes to DFs.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/385%20-%20There%20is%20a%20Way/One_Piece-v40-149[Null].png

This gives more credence to the fact that the assumption of DFs being magical is just the result of common people making things up because they have no idea how they actually work. This notion of there being a natural scientific explanation for everything in their world is a reoccurring theme in One Piece as seen when Noland describes superstition, blood sacrifice rituals, and belief in gods as foolishness and continually perpetuates the idea that superstition is something that only exists in the minds of the ignorant.(Theres a myriad of examples of this in Skypeia)

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2015.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/289%20-%20Full%20moon/One%20Piece%20-%20289%20-%2016.png

This theme is seen yet again when members of the new Fishmen pirates confused Nami’s Sorcery Climatact for magic. Nami then corrects them by denouncing that and states that her ability is purely science.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/02.png
http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/640%20-%20Fishman%20Island%20Rising/03.png

It is clear that the people’s interpretation of these fruits and abilities is false hence why Oda states that Vegapunk the world’s greatest scientist in the series will explain what they ”really are”. If these abilities were simply magic like everyone thinks then there would be no big mystery as to what they “really are” in the first place.




Enjoy.



Excellent post most of it is pretty obvious to anyone who reads and enjoys the series and pays attention (which I didn’t do the first time lol). But yeah about the magic thing depending on what series and how magic relates to nature in terms of power can be inferior, equal or superior. Unless other wise specified.

You could have also shown examples of how Luffy’s rubber is superior to natural rubber in most categories. Other than that one of the closest things to a perfect post. 95/100 or 99/100 hell with it jsut take the god damn 100 yo.

And to the last part what devil fruits are. It’s obvious isn’t it?

They are the decedents of the devil tree from Turles when he visited the OP planet millions of years ago before going to Earth and fighting Goku. In this case they evolved into what we have in OP today. And “Pandaman” ended up probably eating up a cursed fruit which transformed him into a panda for the curse of eternal life. That is why for millionso f years he has been training and has a PL of 3.3 million. Even more than base Goku in namek who is >>72 Earths. I warned y’all didn’t I? Shocker ain’t it how it all connects with Oda and Toriyama.



I can’t really add on to anything you haven’t said.


__________________


Pocket Rocket wrote:

RyanBurnsTheHaruhiSuzumiyaFantard wrote: Prove me wrong


They’re turned on by living things.


“Act (defiant) against Heaven (Tian).“
Strange World from Beyond

[Reply] #3,155
10-25-2013 12:43 AM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

GohanAf24 wrote:
Excellent post most of it is pretty obvious to anyone who reads and enjoys the series and pays attention (which I didn’t do the first time lol). But yeah about the magic thing depending on what series and how magic relates to nature in terms of power can be inferior, equal or superior. Unless other wise specified.

You could have also shown examples of how Luffy’s rubber is superior to natural rubber in most categories. Other than that one of the closest things to a perfect post. 95/100 or 99/100 hell with it jsut take the god damn 100 yo.

And to the last part what devil fruits are. It’s obvious isn’t it?

They are the decedents of the devil tree from Turles when he visited the OP planet millions of years ago before going to Earth and fighting Goku. In this case they evolved into what we have in OP today. And “Pandaman” ended up probably eating up a cursed fruit which transformed him into a panda for the curse of eternal life. That is why for millionso f years he has been training and has a PL of 3.3 million. Even more than base Goku in namek who is >>72 Earths. I warned y’all didn’t I? Shocker ain’t it how it all connects with Oda and Toriyama.



I can’t really add on to anything you haven’t said.

Showing examples of Luffy’s rubber being superior probably wouldn’t have helped the argument though. You could make that same case for supernatural/magic abilities as well.

Still appreciate the feedback though. lol.


__________________

[Reply] #3,156
10-25-2013 12:56 AM
Joined: 05-30-2013
Posts: 4,019
offline
NiTian ErXing a.k.a Grand Marshal
NiTian ErXing a.k.a Grand Marshal
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 77

Redx wrote:

GohanAf24 wrote:
Excellent post most of it is pretty obvious to anyone who reads and enjoys the series and pays attention (which I didn’t do the first time lol). But yeah about the magic thing depending on what series and how magic relates to nature in terms of power can be inferior, equal or superior. Unless other wise specified.

You could have also shown examples of how Luffy’s rubber is superior to natural rubber in most categories. Other than that one of the closest things to a perfect post. 95/100 or 99/100 hell with it jsut take the god damn 100 yo.

And to the last part what devil fruits are. It’s obvious isn’t it?

They are the decedents of the devil tree from Turles when he visited the OP planet millions of years ago before going to Earth and fighting Goku. In this case they evolved into what we have in OP today. And “Pandaman” ended up probably eating up a cursed fruit which transformed him into a panda for the curse of eternal life. That is why for millionso f years he has been training and has a PL of 3.3 million. Even more than base Goku in namek who is >>72 Earths. I warned y’all didn’t I? Shocker ain’t it how it all connects with Oda and Toriyama.



I can’t really add on to anything you haven’t said.

Showing examples of Luffy’s rubber being superior probably wouldn’t have helped the argument though. You could make that same case for supernatural/magic abilities as well.

Still appreciate the feedback though. lol.

Hey no problem man anytime (well when I am on).

IT would have helped show not only is it natural but superior in some aspects as well. I think so anyways. If they think it is an outlier we can use Akainu who is lava (1200 C) but has shown a 1370 C feat so far concerning temperature only that is. Assuming no enhancement for steel swords that is ofc.

So for Akainu who so far has probably one of the least enhancements shown thus far is still at least a 12.41% increase which is alot when you start thinking about Kizaru possibly...

For example in the ff7 discussion thread I was showing megatron the mako J-cells even when being increased by 16% someone who is mach 100 only will be boosted to mach 116 or someone who can only life 1k tons will be able to lift 1.16 tons which has a multiplying affect in the amount of damage you do with force/momentum and exponential with energy.

Now if the bare minimum is 12.41% then that would mean at the very least assuming Kizaru can enhance his photons via haki then he could potentially go ftl like you said earlier but still too early for that. There is still a chance no matter ho small it may be an outlier like Roshi/Kid Goku. SO the minimum enhanced would become 318068991.27654495725474730069624 m/s=mach 935497.03316630869780808029616541 which is pretty darn OP’d even for travel speed. Although this is all speculation at this point.

Btw what did you think of my spoiler “hypothesis”?


__________________


Pocket Rocket wrote:

RyanBurnsTheHaruhiSuzumiyaFantard wrote: Prove me wrong


They’re turned on by living things.


“Act (defiant) against Heaven (Tian).“
Strange World from Beyond

[Reply] #3,157
10-25-2013 02:07 AM
Joined: 03-08-2010
Posts: 1,627
offline
Hoggle
Hoggle
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 40

lol at turles theory for devil fruit tree


__________________

[Reply] #3,158
10-25-2013 05:50 PM
Aoi Kunieda is a shit character
Guest

GohanAf24 wrote:

Redx wrote:

GohanAf24 wrote:
Excellent post most of it is pretty obvious to anyone who reads and enjoys the series and pays attention (which I didn’t do the first time lol). But yeah about the magic thing depending on what series and how magic relates to nature in terms of power can be inferior, equal or superior. Unless other wise specified.

You could have also shown examples of how Luffy’s rubber is superior to natural rubber in most categories. Other than that one of the closest things to a perfect post. 95/100 or 99/100 hell with it jsut take the god damn 100 yo.

And to the last part what devil fruits are. It’s obvious isn’t it?

They are the decedents of the devil tree from Turles when he visited the OP planet millions of years ago before going to Earth and fighting Goku. In this case they evolved into what we have in OP today. And “Pandaman” ended up probably eating up a cursed fruit which transformed him into a panda for the curse of eternal life. That is why for millionso f years he has been training and has a PL of 3.3 million. Even more than base Goku in namek who is >>72 Earths. I warned y’all didn’t I? Shocker ain’t it how it all connects with Oda and Toriyama.



I can’t really add on to anything you haven’t said.

Showing examples of Luffy’s rubber being superior probably wouldn’t have helped the argument though. You could make that same case for supernatural/magic abilities as well.

Still appreciate the feedback though. lol.

Hey no problem man anytime (well when I am on).

IT would have helped show not only is it natural but superior in some aspects as well. I think so anyways. If they think it is an outlier we can use Akainu who is lava (1200 C) but has shown a 1370 C feat so far concerning temperature only that is. Assuming no enhancement for steel swords that is ofc.

So for Akainu who so far has probably one of the least enhancements shown thus far is still at least a 12.41% increase which is alot when you start thinking about Kizaru possibly...

For example in the ff7 discussion thread I was showing megatron the mako J-cells even when being increased by 16% someone who is mach 100 only will be boosted to mach 116 or someone who can only life 1k tons will be able to lift 1.16 tons which has a multiplying affect in the amount of damage you do with force/momentum and exponential with energy.

Now if the bare minimum is 12.41% then that would mean at the very least assuming Kizaru can enhance his photons via haki then he could potentially go ftl like you said earlier but still too early for that. There is still a chance no matter ho small it may be an outlier like Roshi/Kid Goku. SO the minimum enhanced would become 318068991.27654495725474730069624 m/s=mach 935497.03316630869780808029616541 which is pretty darn OP’d even for travel speed. Although this is all speculation at this point.

Good point, though I think we’ve already established that logias can enhance their elements beyond the norm via their control over the ability and Haki(if they can use it).

Akainu’s magma is likely hotter than that. But as I’ve said before we’ll have to wait and see until we learn the true strength capacity and potency of the attacks we saw during the war.

Kizaru won’t go FTL. Not unless Oda decides to say: “Fuck logic FTL light FTW!!!

Btw what did you think of my spoiler “hypothesis”?



I lol’d.

[Reply] #3,159
10-25-2013 10:11 PM
Joined: 05-30-2013
Posts: 4,019
offline
NiTian ErXing a.k.a Grand Marshal
NiTian ErXing a.k.a Grand Marshal
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 77

Aoi Kunieda is a shit character wrote:

GohanAf24 wrote:

Redx wrote:

GohanAf24 wrote:
Excellent post most of it is pretty obvious to anyone who reads and enjoys the series and pays attention (which I didn’t do the first time lol). But yeah about the magic thing depending on what series and how magic relates to nature in terms of power can be inferior, equal or superior. Unless other wise specified.

You could have also shown examples of how Luffy’s rubber is superior to natural rubber in most categories. Other than that one of the closest things to a perfect post. 95/100 or 99/100 hell with it jsut take the god damn 100 yo.

And to the last part what devil fruits are. It’s obvious isn’t it?

They are the decedents of the devil tree from Turles when he visited the OP planet millions of years ago before going to Earth and fighting Goku. In this case they evolved into what we have in OP today. And “Pandaman” ended up probably eating up a cursed fruit which transformed him into a panda for the curse of eternal life. That is why for millionso f years he has been training and has a PL of 3.3 million. Even more than base Goku in namek who is >>72 Earths. I warned y’all didn’t I? Shocker ain’t it how it all connects with Oda and Toriyama.



I can’t really add on to anything you haven’t said.

Showing examples of Luffy’s rubber being superior probably wouldn’t have helped the argument though. You could make that same case for supernatural/magic abilities as well.

Still appreciate the feedback though. lol.

Hey no problem man anytime (well when I am on).

IT would have helped show not only is it natural but superior in some aspects as well. I think so anyways. If they think it is an outlier we can use Akainu who is lava (1200 C) but has shown a 1370 C feat so far concerning temperature only that is. Assuming no enhancement for steel swords that is ofc.

So for Akainu who so far has probably one of the least enhancements shown thus far is still at least a 12.41% increase which is alot when you start thinking about Kizaru possibly...

For example in the ff7 discussion thread I was showing megatron the mako J-cells even when being increased by 16% someone who is mach 100 only will be boosted to mach 116 or someone who can only life 1k tons will be able to lift 1.16 tons which has a multiplying affect in the amount of damage you do with force/momentum and exponential with energy.

Now if the bare minimum is 12.41% then that would mean at the very least assuming Kizaru can enhance his photons via haki then he could potentially go ftl like you said earlier but still too early for that. There is still a chance no matter ho small it may be an outlier like Roshi/Kid Goku. SO the minimum enhanced would become 318068991.27654495725474730069624 m/s=mach 935497.03316630869780808029616541 which is pretty darn OP’d even for travel speed. Although this is all speculation at this point.

Good point, though I think we’ve already established that logias can enhance their elements beyond the norm via their control over the ability and Haki(if they can use it).

Akainu’s magma is likely hotter than that. But as I’ve said before we’ll have to wait and see until we learn the true strength capacity and potency of the attacks we saw during the war.

Kizaru won’t go FTL. Not unless Oda decides to say: “Fuck logic FTL light FTW!!!

Btw what did you think of my spoiler “hypothesis”?



I lol’d.



Yea when ever someone says so otherwise you can always use the above mentioned post it covers like 95% of the DF stuff so far anyways.

Hey you never know... wink

Hoggle wrote: lol at turles theory for devil fruit tree


It fits yea know with the story line and everything so why the hell not.


__________________


Pocket Rocket wrote:

RyanBurnsTheHaruhiSuzumiyaFantard wrote: Prove me wrong


They’re turned on by living things.


“Act (defiant) against Heaven (Tian).“
Strange World from Beyond

[Reply] #3,160
10-26-2013 08:51 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Just came across this which could have been included into the rant.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/mangas/One%20Piece/069%20-%20Arlong%20Park/vOne_Piece_v08_146.png





Edit:

This too.

Redx wrote:

PandaG wrote:

According to this, Enel simply didn’t want to wait for Cumulonimbus clouds(lightning clouds) to form on their own and that its simply more convenient for him to produce them at will. Not that he needed fake clouds to rain down lightning. Then theres the fact that Cumulonimbus clouds normally form at lower altitudes and not at 10,000 meters in the sky so I guess he pretty much had no choice but to make them on his own.



Redx wrote: This probably could have been included in the rant as well.

http://www.onepiecebay.net/manga/One-Piece/519/2

Oda clearly mocking the notion that Devil Fruits are something of supernatural nature yet again. I’ll just leave it here in case I need it later.



And here Oda yet again openly making fun of the notion of DF’s being magic or sorcery via the ignorance of Kinemon.


__________________

Edited 06-15-2014 01:26 AM by Redx

<< First < Prev 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, znjfl, The Ancient Apocalypse, Hanbei, - FS -, Redx, Zeus., Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact