Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Dragon Ball Vs Discussion Thread: Power, Strengths, Abilities etc.

<< First < Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #81
06-16-2012 10:14 AM
Joined: 01-15-2012
Posts: 1,073
offline
eriel
eriel
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 19

return wrote: Alright, look. We have DBO Goku and Vegeta, which BTW is canon to both the manga and anime, and they caused a supernova during their final battle. So, I personally put them at high-transcendent.

No it isn’t, DBO is a direct continuation of Akira Toriyama’s manga series, and has nothing to do with any of the anime series.

For example, note that in DBO, the Namekians only have four digits on each hand, just like in the manga. In the anime they have five digits. Karin is blue, like in the manga, but he was white in the anime. The Yardratians in DBO were designed by Toriyama because they were only mentioned by Goku. In the anime, they were included in some filler, and look completely different.

[Reply] #82
06-16-2012 11:26 AM
Joined: 01-28-2012
Posts: 18,524
offline
Ragex
Ragex
It was you all along
Rep: 206

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512666
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512613
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512620
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512631
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512641
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512581

i think this is the entire fight


__________________

Edited 06-16-2012 11:28 AM by Ragex
[Reply] #83
06-16-2012 12:54 PM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

rage wrote: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512666
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512613
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512620
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512631
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512641
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512581

i think this is the entire fight

Right. Now, I consider Thanos no more powerful than First Form Frieza, and yet he managed to go toe to toe with a galaxy level being like Odin.

What does this tell you about all that space destruction in correlation between different characters?

None of that destruction matters, at all. You don’t have to be able to tank lol galaxy busters to take on Odn, far from it. An SSJ2-SSJ3 are going to have a field day on Odin.

Also, look at how slow they are fighting, you see that shit? Saiyan Saga character’s fight faster than that, consistently. And it’s not just a matter of lol effects, because they have super speed users in Marvel as well. Odin and Thanos are simply not one of them.

So not only is an SSJ2-SSJ3 going to be taking on Odin, they’re gonna likely blitz his ass all over the map.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

[Reply] #84
06-16-2012 01:06 PM
Joined: 06-25-2011
Posts: 13,799
offline
Rust
Rust
Bear Bowser Bare Bowser
Rep: 132

This thread seriously needs to be productive.

When i was in a “debate” against a DBZ character, it was all over the place.

“Goku will spam city busters”
then i make a point

“Goku will blow up the planet”
Then i make my point again

“Goku will destroy the universes hurr de deerp”
My point was still releveant because i explained how no matter how destructive a feat, if it doesnt destroy matter its gonna fail


__________________

Edited 06-16-2012 01:08 PM by Rust
[Reply] #85
06-16-2012 01:15 PM
Carter lokes
Guest

return wrote:
I do have the DVD, so I guess I should check it out. What? That didn’t happen in the movie, all they show was his transformation, nothing about shaking other world or dimensions. BTW I thought you were talking about the 1st time he transformed, my bad. Also, don’t remember anything about him saying he warped every dimension in creation. So, I’ll be checking the movie now.


Oh, he did after the narrator said that an event was going to happen that was going to shake the very foundation of creation, and after goku stated janemba was going to destroy the universe. Hope you find it, it’s there though.

return wrote:
Alright, been watching the movie. King Yemma is merely saying that because of Janemba, the laws of other world and this world would no longer be governed, and that the deceased will come back to life.

The jap sub is King Yama, just saying.


You’re not going to find it in the first 3 minutes of the movie. You have to watch more and you if you talk English and you watch movies in English then you’ll find it, and I’m guessing you’ve seen in on English and your just using the Jap version so it helps your case, right, just saying.

[Reply] #86
06-16-2012 01:38 PM
Joined: 01-28-2012
Posts: 18,524
offline
Ragex
Ragex
It was you all along
Rep: 206

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512666
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512613
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512620
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512631
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512641
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512581

i think this is the entire fight

Right. Now, I consider Thanos no more powerful than First Form Frieza, and yet he managed to go toe to toe with a galaxy level being like Odin.

What does this tell you about all that space destruction in correlation between different characters?

None of that destruction matters, at all. You don’t have to be able to tank lol galaxy busters to take on Odn, far from it. An SSJ2-SSJ3 are going to have a field day on Odin.

Also, look at how slow they are fighting, you see that shit? Saiyan Saga character’s fight faster than that, consistently. And it’s not just a matter of lol effects, because they have super speed users in Marvel as well. Odin and Thanos are simply not one of them.

So not only is an SSJ2-SSJ3 going to be taking on Odin, they’re gonna likely blitz his ass all over the map.



odin was holding back against thanos because he knew he didn’t need to go all out to defeat him.(and i’m pretty sure he didn’t want to destroy asgard)
and how can fighting look slow if there was hardly a fight there. all i saw was odin smacking thanos around(with a couple feeble attempts at thanos to throw in some offense)


__________________

Edited 06-16-2012 01:43 PM by Ragex
[Reply] #87
06-16-2012 01:39 PM
Joined: 06-27-2010
Posts: 23,315
offline
The Sisko
The Sisko
The Emissary
Rep: 195

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512666
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512613
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512620
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512631
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512641
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512581

i think this is the entire fight

Right. Now, I consider Thanos no more powerful than First Form Frieza, and yet he managed to go toe to toe with a galaxy level being like Odin.

What does this tell you about all that space destruction in correlation between different characters?

None of that destruction matters, at all. You don’t have to be able to tank lol galaxy busters to take on Odn, far from it. An SSJ2-SSJ3 are going to have a field day on Odin.

Also, look at how slow they are fighting, you see that shit? Saiyan Saga character’s fight faster than that, consistently. And it’s not just a matter of lol effects, because they have super speed users in Marvel as well. Odin and Thanos are simply not one of them.

So not only is an SSJ2-SSJ3 going to be taking on Odin, they’re gonna likely blitz his ass all over the map.



1. which is why everyone in the vs section considers you a massive asshat. you think some chump like freeza who gets injured by being kicked by goku is on the level of a monster like thanos who destroys moons and planets just by hitting people into them. and Odin is high end multi galaxy level, once again proving you don’t know anything and should sit in a corner and just feel bad.

2. it tells me Odin is capable of holding back as much as he likes the same way android 18, gohan and goku and krillin didn’t destroy the punching machine at the budokai during the buu saga.

3. yea, you don’t have to be able to tank galaxy busters when odin is able to hold back as much as he wants, the same way Krillin with a power level under 50,000 was able to put a hole in vegeta’s chest ( who had a power level near 500,000 give or take). ssj2 and ssj3’s aren’t even capable of thanos level shit.

4. being battered in speed lines and just because you personally think they look slow doesn’t mean anything when Odin can fight fast enough to cover dozens of galaxies. it means all of his speed related stats are ludicrously ftl. people like Odin have super speed because super speed in marvel is defined as far beyond normal humans. it’s why trying to say thor<<< wolverine in combat speed is consistent is dumb because now people are suggesting a god damn asgardian god is slower than a peak human which is absolutely ludicrous.

5. when ssj2 and ssj3 level characters can react to massively FTL speed like what the surfer is capable of, smash entire planets and moons to pieces in a fight and manipulate different types of energy as well as mindrape people, then they might be a challenge to Thanos.


__________________



[Reply] #88
06-16-2012 01:39 PM
Joined: 01-28-2012
Posts: 18,524
offline
Ragex
Ragex
It was you all along
Rep: 206

Fure wrote: This thread seriously needs to be productive.

When i was in a “debate” against a DBZ character, it was all over the place.

“Goku will spam city busters”
then i make a point

“Goku will blow up the planet”
Then i make my point again

“Goku will destroy the universes hurr de deerp”
My point was still releveant because i explained how no matter how destructive a feat, if it doesnt destroy matter its gonna fail



i never understood why they play the “goku will destroy the universe” card(which is complete bullshit in all honesty)
even if he could(which he can’t) goku would be destroyed as well would he not?


__________________

[Reply] #88
06-16-2012 01:39 PM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

Fure wrote: This thread seriously needs to be productive.

When i was in a “debate” against a DBZ character, it was all over the place.

“Goku will spam city busters”
then i make a point

“Goku will blow up the planet”
Then i make my point again

“Goku will destroy the universes hurr de deerp”
My point was still releveant because i explained how no matter how destructive a feat, if it doesnt destroy matter its gonna fail

See, that’s just a huge No Limits Fallacy, and doesn’t work when you’re putting different universes against each other in a VS match up. You take whatever this ability has been shown to handle, and that’s the limit. Otherwise, one could argue that anything short of Omni wouldn’t work, which is just bull.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

Edited 06-16-2012 01:40 PM by DFO Zealot
[Reply] #89
06-16-2012 01:45 PM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

rage wrote:

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512666
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512613
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512620
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512631
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512641
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512564
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512581

i think this is the entire fight

Right. Now, I consider Thanos no more powerful than First Form Frieza, and yet he managed to go toe to toe with a galaxy level being like Odin.

What does this tell you about all that space destruction in correlation between different characters?

None of that destruction matters, at all. You don’t have to be able to tank lol galaxy busters to take on Odn, far from it. An SSJ2-SSJ3 are going to have a field day on Odin.

Also, look at how slow they are fighting, you see that shit? Saiyan Saga character’s fight faster than that, consistently. And it’s not just a matter of lol effects, because they have super speed users in Marvel as well. Odin and Thanos are simply not one of them.

So not only is an SSJ2-SSJ3 going to be taking on Odin, they’re gonna likely blitz his ass all over the map.



i do agree that fighting in dbz is a lot more impressive than comics, but i still don’t see how an ssj2-ssj3 is even going to hurt odin, let alone defeat him.

and btw. i don’t really view that fight as thanos holding his own against odin. it’s more of a durability feat for thanos. throughout that whole fight all thanos did was take odin’s blasts, fire off a blast of his own(which did absolutely nothing), and make a feeble attempt to trap odin(which also did nothing as odin immediately shattered the prison with what looked like little effort)

If we just go only by feats, the fact that Thanos himself hasn’t taken any kind of galaxy level attack contradicts Odin hugely. Or, we can use common sense and deduct that how much more Odin can nuke over someone weaker than him doesn’t matter at all. He’ll still struggle to put someone weaker down, like Thanos. Thanos isn’t even close to galaxy level, yet was tanking Odin’s hits.

And I think an SSJ1 would be more powerful than Thanos, let alone an SSJ2-SSJ3. I disagree with you completely, I think SSJ2-SSJ3 are totally going to be wrecking Odin. And Odin’s not going to be able to do a damn thing about it. He’ll have to wait for an SSJ2 to slip up or something, and he’ll never do much against an SSJ3. Too slow.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

[Reply] #91
06-16-2012 01:59 PM
Joined: 06-27-2010
Posts: 23,315
offline
The Sisko
The Sisko
The Emissary
Rep: 195

godhand logic:

Thanos wasn’t instantly obliterated by Odin so there is no way odin is multi galaxy level, because Odin can’t hold back like that ( despite no evidence).

but, first form freeza is easily a 10X planet buster despite no on panel evidence. final form freeza’s energy blasts were all easily casual planet level, he can just hold back ( despite no evidence).

this is a prime example of how NOT to debate.


__________________



[Reply] #92
06-16-2012 02:07 PM
Joined: 09-25-2011
Posts: 1,675
offline
Colonel Logic
Colonel Logic
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 53

GodHandZaWarudo wrote: Right. Now, I consider Thanos no more powerful than First Form Frieza, and yet he managed to go toe to toe with a galaxy level being like Odin.


Now I rarely post here and for anyone that remembers me knows I wasn’t big into the hype of which is Marvel(I still lol at people thinking Deadpool can beat Zoro). However, this post is a filthy, dirty, disgusting, ugly, and horrible lie. Thanos wasn’t going toe to toe with Odin....Odin was beating dat ass and Thanos was merely surviving. Character statements be damned. Odin verbally putting over Thanos doesn’t put him on the same level as Odin nor does it portray it. That’s one thing I despise when comic fans try to put Thanos that high and I never thought I see that turn into a downplay for Odin.


What does this tell you about all that space destruction in correlation between different characters?



Granted I haven’t read the comic but I think common sense would dictate that Odin isn’t going to go all galaxy buster out on Thanos when he is standing a few yards away from Ausgard.

None of that destruction matters, at all. You don’t have to be able to tank lol galaxy busters to take on Odn, far from it. An SSJ2-SSJ3 are going to have a field day on Odin.



Let us not forget Thanos is immortal! If Odin was hitting him with blasts that would vanquish Galactus at a Raditz Level guy, it wouldn’t matter if the guy couldn’t die.

Also, look at how slow they are fighting, you see that shit? Saiyan Saga character’s fight faster than that, consistently. And it’s not just a matter of lol effects, because they have super speed users in Marvel as well. Odin and Thanos are simply not one of them.



That......no. No. No. No. I’m not saying that Thanos or Odin are super FTL universe uper fast leapers(Hell I don’t believe they may be myself) but there wasn’t any reason to move fast or do anything of the nature when you can fucking tank all of it. Plus it is a entirely different setting than one of DBZ. Give me a reason Odin should of dodged any of that. I wouldn’t dodge anyone throwing a rubber ball at my chest unless I was selling for a kid.


__________________

Edited 06-16-2012 02:08 PM by Colonel Logic
[Reply] #93
06-16-2012 02:09 PM
Joined: 01-28-2012
Posts: 18,524
offline
Ragex
Ragex
It was you all along
Rep: 206

what i don’t get is why godhand thinks odin wouldn’t just nuke the galaxy and destroy dbz


__________________

[Reply] #94
06-16-2012 02:17 PM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

rage wrote: what i don’t get is why godhand thinks odin wouldn’t just nuke the galaxy and destroy dbz

Because that’s hilariously out of character, that’s why.

I mean, why doesn’t surfer just create black holes in peoples eyes and shit? Why doesn’t he use the power cosmic the turn people into sand? Why doesn’t Goku use solar flare and kienzan as a combo? You can’t just make up abilities for character’s, or give them tactics they’d never use.

If the fight happened in Marvel, then it would be like Odin vs Set, with Goku fighting with Odin in deep space. Only, Goku would blitz Odin with his super speed. If the fight were done by Akira, then no galaxies would be getting nuked, because power isn’t shown that way in DBZ.

Goku would do just fine with Odin nuking galaxies around him, it’s just that Goku isn’t written to be able to survive in space, and he always fights on a planet. But when both Odin and Goku are restricted, Goku(along with most DBZ character’s) tend to outperform their comic counter parts.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

[Reply] #95
06-16-2012 02:19 PM
Joined: 09-08-2011
Posts: 14,534
offline
Omniwhatever
Omniwhatever
The rain transformed
Rep: 136

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: what i don’t get is why godhand thinks odin wouldn’t just nuke the galaxy and destroy dbz

Because that’s hilariously out of character, that’s why.

I mean, why doesn’t surfer just create black holes in peoples eyes and shit? Why doesn’t he use the power cosmic the turn people into sand? Why doesn’t Goku use solar flare and kienzan as a combo? You can’t just make up abilities for character’s, or give them tactics they’d never use.

If the fight happened in Marvel, then it would be like Odin vs Set, with Goku fighting with Odin in deep space. Only, Goku would blitz Odin with his super speed. If the fight were done by Akira, then no galaxies would be getting nuked, because power isn’t shown that way in DBZ.

Goku would do just fine with Odin nuking galaxies around him, it’s just that Goku isn’t written to be able to survive in space, and he always fights on a planet. But when both Odin and Goku are restricted, Goku(along with most DBZ character’s) tend to outperform their comic counter parts.



Yeah cause it’s not like Bloodlust is on in VS or anything.


__________________



~Dark Necter~ Embodiment of Chaos

[Reply] #96
06-16-2012 02:22 PM
Joined: 01-28-2012
Posts: 18,524
offline
Ragex
Ragex
It was you all along
Rep: 206

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: what i don’t get is why godhand thinks odin wouldn’t just nuke the galaxy and destroy dbz

Because that’s hilariously out of character, that’s why.

I mean, why doesn’t surfer just create black holes in peoples eyes and shit? Why doesn’t he use the power cosmic the turn people into sand? Why doesn’t Goku use solar flare and kienzan as a combo? You can’t just make up abilities for character’s, or give them tactics they’d never use.

If the fight happened in Marvel, then it would be like Odin vs Set, with Goku fighting with Odin in deep space. Only, Goku would blitz Odin with his super speed. If the fight were done by Akira, then no galaxies would be getting nuked, because power isn’t shown that way in DBZ.

Goku would do just fine with Odin nuking galaxies around him, it’s just that Goku isn’t written to be able to survive in space, and he always fights on a planet. But when both Odin and Goku are restricted, Goku(along with most DBZ character’s) tend to outperform their comic counter parts.



if this was a hilariously out of character odin that would nuke galaxies right from the beginning and let’s assume goku could breathe in space. do you still think goku would win?


__________________

[Reply] #97
06-16-2012 02:23 PM
Joined: 01-28-2012
Posts: 18,524
offline
Ragex
Ragex
It was you all along
Rep: 206

Omniwhatever wrote:

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: what i don’t get is why godhand thinks odin wouldn’t just nuke the galaxy and destroy dbz

Because that’s hilariously out of character, that’s why.

I mean, why doesn’t surfer just create black holes in peoples eyes and shit? Why doesn’t he use the power cosmic the turn people into sand? Why doesn’t Goku use solar flare and kienzan as a combo? You can’t just make up abilities for character’s, or give them tactics they’d never use.

If the fight happened in Marvel, then it would be like Odin vs Set, with Goku fighting with Odin in deep space. Only, Goku would blitz Odin with his super speed. If the fight were done by Akira, then no galaxies would be getting nuked, because power isn’t shown that way in DBZ.

Goku would do just fine with Odin nuking galaxies around him, it’s just that Goku isn’t written to be able to survive in space, and he always fights on a planet. But when both Odin and Goku are restricted, Goku(along with most DBZ character’s) tend to outperform their comic counter parts.



Yeah cause it’s not like Bloodlust is on in VS or anything.



that’s what i said, but i’m pretty sure he thinks bloodlust would still leave odin in character


__________________

[Reply] #98
06-16-2012 02:24 PM
Joined: 09-08-2011
Posts: 14,534
offline
Omniwhatever
Omniwhatever
The rain transformed
Rep: 136

At lest he’s not on about the “Space Cheese” bullshit lol. I think.


__________________



~Dark Necter~ Embodiment of Chaos

[Reply] #99
06-16-2012 02:34 PM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

rage wrote:

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: what i don’t get is why godhand thinks odin wouldn’t just nuke the galaxy and destroy dbz

Because that’s hilariously out of character, that’s why.

I mean, why doesn’t surfer just create black holes in peoples eyes and shit? Why doesn’t he use the power cosmic the turn people into sand? Why doesn’t Goku use solar flare and kienzan as a combo? You can’t just make up abilities for character’s, or give them tactics they’d never use.

If the fight happened in Marvel, then it would be like Odin vs Set, with Goku fighting with Odin in deep space. Only, Goku would blitz Odin with his super speed. If the fight were done by Akira, then no galaxies would be getting nuked, because power isn’t shown that way in DBZ.

Goku would do just fine with Odin nuking galaxies around him, it’s just that Goku isn’t written to be able to survive in space, and he always fights on a planet. But when both Odin and Goku are restricted, Goku(along with most DBZ character’s) tend to outperform their comic counter parts.



if this was a hilariously out of character odin that would nuke galaxies right from the beginning and let’s assume goku could breathe in space. do you still think goku would win?

Sure, that made up version of Odin would indeed solo DBZ, via nuking the planet that everyone else is on, killing them.

But Odin from the comics wouldn’t do that. He’d just fire off his blasts at Goku, trying to kill him. And again, it’s not the galaxy destruction that would be a problem for Goku, it’s the fact that Goku can’t survive in space. So, in order to have a Goku vs Odin fight, you’d have to make the fight happen on Earth or on the bridge to Asgard.

You’d get a much more accurate gauge of power, since Goku and co. are also restricted. You know, not being able to survive in space, or fighting on an inhabited planet or something.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

[Reply] #100
06-16-2012 02:37 PM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

Omniwhatever wrote:

GodHandZaWarudo wrote:

rage wrote: what i don’t get is why godhand thinks odin wouldn’t just nuke the galaxy and destroy dbz

Because that’s hilariously out of character, that’s why.

I mean, why doesn’t surfer just create black holes in peoples eyes and shit? Why doesn’t he use the power cosmic the turn people into sand? Why doesn’t Goku use solar flare and kienzan as a combo? You can’t just make up abilities for character’s, or give them tactics they’d never use.

If the fight happened in Marvel, then it would be like Odin vs Set, with Goku fighting with Odin in deep space. Only, Goku would blitz Odin with his super speed. If the fight were done by Akira, then no galaxies would be getting nuked, because power isn’t shown that way in DBZ.

Goku would do just fine with Odin nuking galaxies around him, it’s just that Goku isn’t written to be able to survive in space, and he always fights on a planet. But when both Odin and Goku are restricted, Goku(along with most DBZ character’s) tend to outperform their comic counter parts.



Yeah cause it’s not like Bloodlust is on in VS or anything.

Bloodlust =/= Out of Character.

Go ahead and talk to Wolf about that too, he’ll tell you the same thing.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

<< First < Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, znjfl, The Ancient Apocalypse, Hanbei, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact