Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Nightmare, Sephiroth, and Dante vs. Laharl, Etna, and Flonne

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #21
01-03-2007 01:41 AM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote: He can absorb energy, that’s how he was going to absorb the life Stream. Life Stream is nothing more than Spirit Energy in it’s purest form, if you look at Japanese culture, Spirit Energy can often be extracted from one’s body and used as a weapon in the form of Ki. Which is basically what Laharl’s attacks are, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that Sephiroth could absorb the energy from Laharl’s attack.


He can absorb spiritual energy. He would be damaged by energy that is physical and destructive.



Ahh, but as I mentioned just in that post, destructive energy is little more than just Spiritual energy pulled from the body.

[Reply] #22
01-03-2007 01:42 AM
Joined: 11-10-2006
Posts: 11,464
offline
Claire Stanfield
Claire Stanfield
Rail Tracer
Rep: 81

Cid wrote:
Did you ever beat it?


I was right at the point where you have to go to the crater to fight Sephiroth, but to make sure I won the fight I went looking for everyones ultimate weapons and limit breaks, so basically mosad.


__________________

[Reply] #23
01-03-2007 01:42 AM
Joined: 11-10-2006
Posts: 11,464
offline
Claire Stanfield
Claire Stanfield
Rail Tracer
Rep: 81

Cid wrote:
*wades through space endlessly*

“At least I didn’t die this time..."

*remembers humans can’t breathe in space let alone survive huge explosions and dies... again*


LOL


__________________

[Reply] #24
01-03-2007 01:45 AM
Soul Calibur
Guest

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote: He can absorb energy, that’s how he was going to absorb the life Stream. Life Stream is nothing more than Spirit Energy in it’s purest form, if you look at Japanese culture, Spirit Energy can often be extracted from one’s body and used as a weapon in the form of Ki. Which is basically what Laharl’s attacks are, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that Sephiroth could absorb the energy from Laharl’s attack.


He can absorb spiritual energy. He would be damaged by energy that is physical and destructive.



Ahh, but as I mentioned just in that post, destructive energy is little more than just Spiritual energy pulled from the body.


Cloud was given spiritual energy from Aeris in FF7: AC against Bahamut, yet he can get damaged by Kadaj’s energy blast. How so?

[Reply] #25
01-03-2007 01:46 AM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

Manchester Black wrote:

Cid wrote:
Did you ever beat it?


I was right at the point where you have to go to the crater to fight Sephiroth, but to make sure I won the fight I went looking for everyones ultimate weapons and limit breaks, so basically mosad.



Ahhh... so all you really missed was the final fight and the ending? You can watch the ending on youtube if you haven’t already lol

[Reply] #26
01-03-2007 01:47 AM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote: He can absorb energy, that’s how he was going to absorb the life Stream. Life Stream is nothing more than Spirit Energy in it’s purest form, if you look at Japanese culture, Spirit Energy can often be extracted from one’s body and used as a weapon in the form of Ki. Which is basically what Laharl’s attacks are, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that Sephiroth could absorb the energy from Laharl’s attack.


He can absorb spiritual energy. He would be damaged by energy that is physical and destructive.



Ahh, but as I mentioned just in that post, destructive energy is little more than just Spiritual energy pulled from the body.


Cloud was given spiritual energy from Aeris in FF7: AC against Bahamut, yet he can get damaged by Kadaj’s energy blast. How so?



Kadaj’s “energy blasts” were actually Materia dude, if you remember at the forgotten captial Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz all took Cloud’s Materia.

[Reply] #27
01-03-2007 01:53 AM
Joined: 11-10-2006
Posts: 11,464
offline
Claire Stanfield
Claire Stanfield
Rail Tracer
Rep: 81

Cid wrote:
Ahhh... so all you really missed was the final fight and the ending? You can watch the ending on youtube if you haven’t already lol


Lucky me my cousin has it and played the final battle when I was at his house. What we wonder though is, isn’t RedXIII the last of his series, yet how does he have children?


__________________

[Reply] #28
01-03-2007 01:56 AM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

Manchester Black wrote:

Cid wrote:
Ahhh... so all you really missed was the final fight and the ending? You can watch the ending on youtube if you haven’t already lol


Lucky me my cousin has it and played the final battle when I was at his house. What we wonder though is, isn’t RedXIII the last of his series, yet how does he have children?



That is a question that none can ever answer... It was never explained, and even I, one of the greatest FF7 experts on the web, can not give a definite answer, only speculation.

[Reply] #29
01-03-2007 01:57 AM
Soul Calibur
Guest

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote: He can absorb energy, that’s how he was going to absorb the life Stream. Life Stream is nothing more than Spirit Energy in it’s purest form, if you look at Japanese culture, Spirit Energy can often be extracted from one’s body and used as a weapon in the form of Ki. Which is basically what Laharl’s attacks are, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that Sephiroth could absorb the energy from Laharl’s attack.


He can absorb spiritual energy. He would be damaged by energy that is physical and destructive.



Ahh, but as I mentioned just in that post, destructive energy is little more than just Spiritual energy pulled from the body.


Cloud was given spiritual energy from Aeris in FF7: AC against Bahamut, yet he can get damaged by Kadaj’s energy blast. How so?



Kadaj’s “energy blasts” were actually Materia dude, if you remember at the forgotten captial Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz all took Cloud’s Materia.


What about Bahamut’s energy ball? Or that explosion near the end of the movie? He’s apparaently not impervious to these. The only way I see Cloud going through Bahamut’s attack is by recieving spiritual energy from Aeris. If it wasn’t for that, I don’t see how he could’ve survived.

[Reply] #30
01-03-2007 02:00 AM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote: He can absorb energy, that’s how he was going to absorb the life Stream. Life Stream is nothing more than Spirit Energy in it’s purest form, if you look at Japanese culture, Spirit Energy can often be extracted from one’s body and used as a weapon in the form of Ki. Which is basically what Laharl’s attacks are, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that Sephiroth could absorb the energy from Laharl’s attack.


He can absorb spiritual energy. He would be damaged by energy that is physical and destructive.



Ahh, but as I mentioned just in that post, destructive energy is little more than just Spiritual energy pulled from the body.


Cloud was given spiritual energy from Aeris in FF7: AC against Bahamut, yet he can get damaged by Kadaj’s energy blast. How so?



Kadaj’s “energy blasts” were actually Materia dude, if you remember at the forgotten captial Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz all took Cloud’s Materia.


What about Bahamut’s energy ball? Or that explosion near the end of the movie? He’s apparaently not impervious to these. The only way I see Cloud going through Bahamut’s attack is by recieving spiritual energy from Aeris. If it wasn’t for that, I don’t see how he could’ve survived.



What does that have to do with anything though? We’re talking about Sephiroth, who planned to absorb the spiritual energy directly from the planet. Not Cloud, whom received a spiritual boost from Aerith.

[Reply] #31
01-03-2007 02:03 AM
Soul Calibur
Guest

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote:

Soul Calibur wrote:

Cid wrote: He can absorb energy, that’s how he was going to absorb the life Stream. Life Stream is nothing more than Spirit Energy in it’s purest form, if you look at Japanese culture, Spirit Energy can often be extracted from one’s body and used as a weapon in the form of Ki. Which is basically what Laharl’s attacks are, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that Sephiroth could absorb the energy from Laharl’s attack.


He can absorb spiritual energy. He would be damaged by energy that is physical and destructive.



Ahh, but as I mentioned just in that post, destructive energy is little more than just Spiritual energy pulled from the body.


Cloud was given spiritual energy from Aeris in FF7: AC against Bahamut, yet he can get damaged by Kadaj’s energy blast. How so?



Kadaj’s “energy blasts” were actually Materia dude, if you remember at the forgotten captial Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz all took Cloud’s Materia.


What about Bahamut’s energy ball? Or that explosion near the end of the movie? He’s apparaently not impervious to these. The only way I see Cloud going through Bahamut’s attack is by recieving spiritual energy from Aeris. If it wasn’t for that, I don’t see how he could’ve survived.



What does that have to do with anything though? We’re talking about Sephiroth, who planned to absorb the spiritual energy directly from the planet. Not Cloud, whom received a spiritual boost from Aerith.


I’m saying Cloud and Sephiroth can gain spiritual energy in the same way, and my question is if Cloud can’t take attacks like these, what makes you think Sephiroth can?

[Reply] #32
01-03-2007 02:06 AM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

Soul Calibur wrote:
I’m saying Cloud and Sephiroth can gain spiritual energy in the same way, and my question is if Cloud can’t take attacks like these, what makes you think Sephiroth can?



No, Cloud can’t absorb Spiritual Energy directly from the planet. Aerith gave him her own energy, and the only reason she was able to do that is because she’s a Cetra, and thus more in tune with the Planet.

Sephiroth’s ability to absorb energy comes from the excessive Jenova within him. Cloud doesn’t have enough J-Cells to exhibit the same abilities that Jenova and Sephiroth did.

[Reply] #33
07-04-2008 07:13 AM
Dantes Ownageness
Guest

Well, I suppose Dante is ruled out of this fight because of the planet destruction...(Man, that’s freaking crazy.), Although, even if he was able to regenerate from the explosion, he would still be alive (since he is technically immortal and doesn’t need air to breath). But, on the fighting note, since Sephiroth can destroy planets too (at his maximum though...), and Laharl can do this at what appears to be their average, Sephiroth may be pretty screwed on this, should it be on the same planet Seph is on... Nightmare is powerful in SC, but is a major pansy compared to Seph and Dante...if it was someone like Cloud or Vergil, then it would actually be a somewhat (more) fair fight. Although, as powerful as the second team is, Sephiroth could solo those due to his regeneration (no matter WHAT is left of him (, if there IS anything left of him)...). Unless the planet burst destroys whatever is left of Sephiroth (or the Life stream if he is able to reincarnate himself from that), then Team 1 wins, despite the casualties.

[Reply] #34
07-04-2008 07:44 PM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

A year after this thread, I think Sephiroth solos this. haha

[Reply] #35
07-05-2008 03:34 AM
Dantes Ownageness
Guest

Yeah...because Seph only is defeated by Omnislash...if you don’t have it, you can’t defeat him, simple, easy, done...

[Reply] #36
01-24-2009 03:51 AM
guest22919105
Guest

i gotta say laharl i think ppl take sephs powers way outta proportion it seems more like square wants to focus on his hunger for power other then absorbing energy from other peoples attacks because i dont think he could he could only absorb energy from a planet because of black materia to summon a meteor which he had to lock himself in a room and concentrate on laharl could just do that for fun and if seph had become a god he would have just gotten on laharls level but laharl has way more experience because he kicks godly ass everyday he killed the lord of terror saying he can absorb ki is like greedo shooting first he has cool abilities but cmon your saying he could take the likes of like silver surfer who could probably take on both at once now ill admit i didnt finish ff7 all im sayin if it took
all the dark power in a planet and a bad man to summon one meteor “cough” yea defeat doesnt mean kill it could be a beatdown he needed items to make him a god laharl was born one i go with pure bloods and im sick of sephs cliche id
rather see him fight alucard with his newly aqcuired powers it would be more interesting

[Reply] #37
01-24-2009 01:28 PM
Joined: 11-10-2006
Posts: 11,464
offline
Claire Stanfield
Claire Stanfield
Rail Tracer
Rep: 81

Nothing against you guest just you accidently triple posted so I deleated a few.Other than that I preaty much agree.


__________________

[Reply] #38
06-14-2009 07:36 AM
idkdfsafcsdf
Guest

I donít see anyway Etna or Flonne could damage Nightmare. His energy and sheer power can simply obliterate them.

I don’t think so well o forget it everyone already made a point

[Reply] #39
06-14-2009 09:08 AM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

Nightmare doesn’t really belong, sure he’s strong, but he doesn’t have the speed to keep up with the others. :/


__________________

[Reply] #40
10-04-2009 07:37 PM
random guy 999
Guest

Nightmare is the weakest here. No way he’s getting past etna.

Laharl solos. Really, meteor was just to make a wound in the planet for the lifestream, so its not a planet busting attack and its impractical for how long it took make it hit the planet. Plus put this in a planet in any other universe or neutral grounds, and the whole god transforming thing is nullified since there is no lifestream in any world but FF7.

Plus since he never got this so called “god” state, we don’t know how strong it is, so bringing up the hypothetical god status is useless since it shouldn’t be used. Also remember that “gods” in fiction can range anywhere between human level wimps calling themselves gods to the true omnipotents so any “god” title is useless.

For the whole energy abortion thing, just because he absorbed mako, or lifestream energy doesn’t mean he can absorb any other energy.

One last thing, the comment from cid about Laharl not breathing in space is stupid. He was in space in Makia Kingdom and he’s half demon/half human not human.

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, znjfl, The Ancient Apocalypse, Hanbei, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact