Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

New VS Forum Rules

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #41
07-05-2014 01:14 AM
Joined: 05-05-2014
Posts: 1,338
offline
Eren Swagger
Eren Swagger
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 32

Suggestion (I tl;dr’d the rules by the way):

#6- VS forum racism
Treating people in a derogatory manner based on their favorite verse is strictly prohibited. I.E “All Z-tards are gay closet homosexuals that get off to poorly clothed men screaming” or instantly ridiculing their arguments without analyzing or even reading the contents of their posts solely based on their different opinions.
Be a VS forum racist and you will be facing a ban with no warnings.


__________________


General Marcusius wrote: I sold my car so I could buy a pair of Jordan’s

Edited 07-05-2014 01:18 AM by Eren Swagger
[Reply] #42
07-05-2014 01:15 AM
Joined: 06-23-2014
Posts: 56
offline
Cyndakill
Cyndakill
Wannabe
Rep: 10

In 2 weeks, nothing will have changed.


__________________

[Reply] #43
07-05-2014 01:18 AM
Joined: 09-10-2012
Posts: 77,118
offline
Izayoi
Izayoi
~Prince Swordsman~
Rep: 207

Stickman wrote: Suggestion:

#6- VS forum racism
Treating people in a derogatory manner based on their favorite verse is strictly prohibited. I.E “All Z-tards are gay closet homosexuals that get off to poorly clothed men screaming” or instantly ridiculing their arguments without analyzing or even reading the contents of their posts solely based on their different opinions.
Be a VS forum racist and you will be facing a ban with no warnings.

I agree with this.

It may help against the immense DBZ bias here.


__________________

[Reply] #44
07-05-2014 01:21 AM
Joined: 06-09-2014
Posts: 5,903
offline
Gnomishness
Gnomishness
Proud Mekgineer of Konohashire
Rep: 57

Zeed wrote:

Gnomishness wrote:

Cid wrote:

Gnomishness wrote:

Cid wrote:
Can we use calcs in our debates? Generally, the answer is no to all but simple calcs where all information is provided by the creator. (e.g. the author gives you a distance traveled and a time frame for it to occur in, you can definitely use them to obtain a speed) However, if you wish to make your own thread and allow all forms of calcs, you may. But it must be stated in the opening post. But be aware that the majority of The Lounge do not use or like calculations for fiction.



This one rule will cause plenty of problems. I do not accept it. Also, your one exemption to this rule is suspiciously specific and can only be applied in a few select Bleach-supporting cases.

Multilayered calcs shouldn’t be used as the foundation of your argument but if something clearly covers a good portion of the world, finding out how big that portion is should be a priority. This can only really be achieved through calcs or ballpark guesses. Of the two, calcs are usually the more accurate so I don’t approve of your ban on them.



This has been a silent rule for years. Moviecodec has never and will never be calc friendly like the OBD. It just isn’t our style.



What I’m really troubled by is your suspiciously specific exemption from this rule. Only Kubo ever states travel time and only Kubo ever makes it really significant. Making Travel time an acceptable thing to calc off of while limiting illustration based calc would be a bit unfair to non-bleach series.

Those are my two cents.

Not at all.

Basic math class would teach you that you need time and distance in order to get speed.



Except some authors (kishimoto for example) don’t ever bother to give such specific numbers. He only really gives us illustrations of size and rarely ever statements. I suppose everything is Naruto is unquantifiable then?


__________________

[Reply] #45
07-05-2014 01:21 AM
Joined: 08-06-2011
Posts: 25,251
offline
Pocket Rocket
Pocket Rocket
Hero of Hyrule
Rep: 215

Just read all of it. Seems like you’ve pretty much covered everything, Cid.


__________________

[Reply] #46
07-05-2014 01:22 AM
Joined: 09-10-2012
Posts: 77,118
offline
Izayoi
Izayoi
~Prince Swordsman~
Rep: 207

Gnomishness wrote:

Zeed wrote:

Gnomishness wrote:

Cid wrote:

Gnomishness wrote:

Cid wrote:
Can we use calcs in our debates? Generally, the answer is no to all but simple calcs where all information is provided by the creator. (e.g. the author gives you a distance traveled and a time frame for it to occur in, you can definitely use them to obtain a speed) However, if you wish to make your own thread and allow all forms of calcs, you may. But it must be stated in the opening post. But be aware that the majority of The Lounge do not use or like calculations for fiction.



This one rule will cause plenty of problems. I do not accept it. Also, your one exemption to this rule is suspiciously specific and can only be applied in a few select Bleach-supporting cases.

Multilayered calcs shouldn’t be used as the foundation of your argument but if something clearly covers a good portion of the world, finding out how big that portion is should be a priority. This can only really be achieved through calcs or ballpark guesses. Of the two, calcs are usually the more accurate so I don’t approve of your ban on them.



This has been a silent rule for years. Moviecodec has never and will never be calc friendly like the OBD. It just isn’t our style.



What I’m really troubled by is your suspiciously specific exemption from this rule. Only Kubo ever states travel time and only Kubo ever makes it really significant. Making Travel time an acceptable thing to calc off of while limiting illustration based calc would be a bit unfair to non-bleach series.

Those are my two cents.

Not at all.

Basic math class would teach you that you need time and distance in order to get speed.



Except some authors (kishimoto for example) don’t ever bother to give such specific numbers. He only really gives us illustrations of size and rarely ever statements. I suppose everything is Naruto is unquantifiable then?

There’s other ways.

Cloud-to-ground lightning always tends to go at a certain speed.

Word of God is also viable.


__________________

[Reply] #47
07-05-2014 02:17 AM
Joined: 01-31-2014
Posts: 23,267
offline
PG15
PG15
Show me ya moves
Rep: 204

I like these rules.


__________________

[Reply] #48
07-05-2014 10:06 AM
Joined: 01-03-2014
Posts: 9,825
offline
Nerise
Nerise
Legendary
Rep: 100

Cid wrote: These rules are new and hopefully improved. They’ve been streamlined for easier understanding and better enforcement. Starting off, for the next week or so, we will be more lenient with these, but after it settles in and everyone has a chance to see them, we will be enforcing them strictly. You’ll get one warning and your next offense will result in a ban.

With that said, do not be fooled into thinking that this week’s leniency means you won’t be banned. It simply means you’ll get a two or three warnings prior.

If you have any questions, then feel free to PM me with them.

Screw it, unlocked.

Feel free to make suggestions as you wish and discuss the new rules.



When is a warning renewed?
I wanna make sure I get to troll and use my warnings properly


__________________

Edited 07-05-2014 10:07 AM by Nerise
[Reply] #49
07-05-2014 10:07 AM
Joined: 01-03-2014
Posts: 9,825
offline
Nerise
Nerise
Legendary
Rep: 100

ProGamer13 wrote: I like these rules.



Im sure you do DBZtard, im sure you do


__________________

[Reply] #50
07-05-2014 10:08 AM
Joined: 08-18-2013
Posts: 16,671
offline
Fuji
Fuji
"I want to be special"
Rep: 122

Nerise wrote:

ProGamer13 wrote: I like these rules.



Im sure you do DBZtard, im sure you do



Racist.


__________________

[Reply] #51
07-05-2014 10:10 AM
Joined: 12-13-2010
Posts: 16,551
offline
Souls
Souls
Pure
Rep: 256

If you’re gonna start this dumb racist thing, make up a new term so it actually makes sense.
Like seriest or something


__________________

[Reply] #52
07-05-2014 10:11 AM
Joined: 08-18-2013
Posts: 16,671
offline
Fuji
Fuji
"I want to be special"
Rep: 122

No worry, i don’t dislike a series because of vs faggotry.


__________________

Edited 07-05-2014 10:11 AM by Fuji
[Reply] #53
07-05-2014 10:13 AM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Generally, the answer is no to all but simple calcs where all information is provided by the creator. (e.g. the author gives you a distance traveled and a time frame for it to occur in, you can definitely use them to obtain a speed)



Oh dear.

[Reply] #54
07-05-2014 10:27 AM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Is there any rule against translations? As in, there are many translations available, which ones can be used and stuff like that.

[Reply] #55
07-05-2014 10:31 AM
Joined: 08-11-2013
Posts: 29,552
offline
- FS -
- FS -
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 259

If the material you’re translating is canon, then it should be fine.

Edited 07-05-2014 10:31 AM by - FS -
[Reply] #56
07-05-2014 10:53 AM
Joined: 11-25-2013
Posts: 12,337
offline
Beholder
Beholder
Rip magikrap, ballsholder and lawhore.
Rep: 101

can I still toss around sarcastical jokes that have no meaning or what soever expect to make me laugh?


__________________


P408370R wrote: The only heterosexual member who perpetually posts here is Beholder.

Alpha and Omega wrote: Go outside and throw some water on the ground, and splash in it, at least you can say you went swimming or outside.

[Reply] #57
07-05-2014 12:11 PM
Joined: 01-03-2014
Posts: 9,825
offline
Nerise
Nerise
Legendary
Rep: 100

Beholder wrote: can I still toss around sarcastical jokes that have no meaning or what soever expect to make me laugh?


No


__________________

[Reply] #58
07-05-2014 12:12 PM
Joined: 08-18-2013
Posts: 16,671
offline
Fuji
Fuji
"I want to be special"
Rep: 122

Beholder wrote: can I still toss around sarcastical jokes that have no meaning or what soever expect to make me laugh?



shut u


__________________

[Reply] #59
07-05-2014 12:17 PM
Joined: 01-03-2014
Posts: 9,825
offline
Nerise
Nerise
Legendary
Rep: 100

Clesta wrote:

Beholder wrote: can I still toss around sarcastical jokes that have no meaning or what soever expect to make me laugh?



shut u




__________________

[Reply] #60
07-05-2014 12:19 PM
Joined: 08-18-2013
Posts: 16,671
offline
Fuji
Fuji
"I want to be special"
Rep: 122

wanna fite meh, bich ?


__________________

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, znjfl, The Ancient Apocalypse, Hanbei, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact