Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Metroids vs Flood vs Headcrabs

<< First < Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #61
06-07-2009 10:43 PM
Joined: 06-07-2009
Posts: 362
offline
the cameraman in Tunisia
Regular
Rep: 8

heavenly king wrote: Metroids for the win


Did you just miss everything I said about the gravemind?!? What’s wrong with you people?


__________________


THEISM
See that person spazzing on the church floor babbling incoherently? That’s how God’s infinite wisdom reveals itself. Therefore, God exists.

[Reply] #62
06-07-2009 11:45 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

the cameraman in Tunisia wrote:

heavenly king wrote: Metroids for the win


Did you just miss everything I said about the gravemind?!? What’s wrong with you people?


Metroids drain his life. He dies. The End.


__________________

[Reply] #63
06-07-2009 11:46 PM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

scenario wrote:

the cameraman in Tunisia wrote:

heavenly king wrote: Metroids for the win


Did you just miss everything I said about the gravemind?!? What’s wrong with you people?


Metroids drain his life. He dies. The End.


That’s what I said.


__________________

[Reply] #64
06-07-2009 11:52 PM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

scenario wrote:

GodHandTheWorld wrote: Flood simply outnumber the Metriods and headcrabs. The flood would first take over the headcrab, adding to their numbers, then they would overwhelm the Metroid with their vast numbers. Flood are like ants imo. Ant’s are the most dangerous insect, due to their sheer numbers. Whatever ants encounter they take it over, the only thing that can stop ants are even smaller ants. There are no insects in this world that can take on a full colony of ants. The flood are the exact same.


Except that the Flood cannot pierce the Metroid’s hide and a single Metroid can destroy armies. Without an ice attack, you are limited to one option: die. Metroids can survive in space, shoot fire and lightning, and grow more powerful the more energy they absorb.

I’d respond to your metaphor, but Metroids just have no parallels with any animal.

I never said anything about taking over the Metroid, did I? No, I didn’t. The flood would take over the headcrab and add onto their already huge numbers and simply overwhelm and destroy the Metroid. I don’t care how many armies the Metroid can fight off. They sure as hell aren’t going to be able to fight billions of flood and flood infected headcrab.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

Edited 06-07-2009 11:57 PM by DFO Zealot
[Reply] #65
06-08-2009 12:22 AM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

GodHandTheWorld wrote: I never said anything about taking over the Metroid, did I? No, I didn’t. The flood would take over the headcrab and add onto their already huge numbers and simply overwhelm and destroy the Metroid. I don’t care how many armies the Metroid can fight off. They sure as hell aren’t going to be able to fight billions of flood and flood infected headcrab.


I don’t really see how the Flood would “take over” the headcrabs.

But the Flood have no way of harming the Metroids. The Metroids would just feed off the constant stream of Flood and become even more invincible.


__________________

[Reply] #66
06-08-2009 12:26 AM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

I disagree. The flood would definitely be able to take over the headcrab. Nothing in HF says that the headcrab don’t have a nervous system, so therefore it can be assumed that the flood take them over, adding onto their already superior numbers. I also disagree that the flood would not be able to kill the Metroid. Not only could they gang up on the Metroid with their superior numbers, they would also be able to unleash a never ending barrage of attacks on the Metroid. They would attack over, and over, and over again until the Metroid finally fall.

Again, victory goes to the flood.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

[Reply] #67
06-08-2009 12:27 AM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

GodHandTheWorld wrote:
I never said anything about taking over the Metroids, did I? No, I didn’t. The flood would take over the head crab and add onto their already huge numbers and simply overwhelm and destroy the Metroid. I don’t care how many armies the Metroid can fight off. They sure as hell aren’t going to be able to fight billions of flood flood infected headcrab.


By unable to pierce their hide, I meant that the Flood, no matter their form, cannot hurt a metroid in any way. Plasma bounces off, explosives do nothing, and the vacuum of space is ineffective. Flood weapons will not harm them. Metroids won’t even be smothered by the bodies that will pile up, as they don’t breathe and their victims dissolve.

For you, here’s a basic rundown:
Larval Metroid: Invulnerable to all but ice. Drains energy. Able to levitate. All following metroids have these traits unless noted otherwise.

Alpha Metroid:Large horn for ramming and energy drain.

Gamma Metroid: Shoots lightning.

Zeta Metroid: Shoots acid.

Omega Metroid: It’s a flying dinosaur that shoots fire and has giant claws.


Hunter Metroid: Vulnerable to non-ice attacks. Has a tentacle to drain energy at range.

Fission Metroid: Splits into two if attacked by anything. There are four types:
*Power Metroids only vulnerable to kinetic energy.
*Wave Metroids only vulnerable to electricity.
*Ice Metroids only vulnerable to ice
*Plasma Metroids only vulnerable to extreme heat.

Metroid Prime: Vulnerable to kinetic, electricity, ice, or heat, but only one at a time. It constantly switches weaknesses. Able to use all energy types in beams. Armed with missile systems, acidic gas, giant claws, tractor beams, and phazon. Second Form is immune to all but phazon.

Tallon Metroid: Vulnerable to non-ice weapons. Weakest form.

Phazon Metroid:Vulnerable to non-ice weapons. Able to phase out of reality and shoot phazon powered lightning.

Hopping Metroid: Vulnerable to non-ice weapons. Unable to fly, but can shoot phazon venom and enter Hypermode. In Hypermode, it has extreme resistance to everything but phazon and creates phazon shockwaves whenever it moves. Extremely sharp claws.

Metroid Hatcher: Only tentacles are vulnerable. Otherwise immune to even ice. Drains energy at range and spawns more Phazon Metroids.

Would anyone like to revise their opinions at this time?


__________________

Edited 06-08-2009 12:32 AM by scenario
[Reply] #68
06-08-2009 12:34 AM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

There would be so many flood/flood infected headcrab, that if the Metroid did try to drain the life energy of the flood, they would surely explode from over absorbing, like what happens in Metroid Prime. Also once the Metroid evolve for the first time, they lose that protective membrane of theirs, and many forms are vulnerable to attack. The only known forms with complete shells are the Queen Metroid and Metroid Prime. So yeah, the flood definately outnumber and destroy the Metroid, taking over many of the Metroid in the process, adding on to their numbers.

EDIT: Also, the only reason that the X parasites can’t take over the Metroid is that they are weak against the Metroid cells. The flood however are not, as they are from a completely different universe from the Metroid.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

Edited 06-08-2009 12:57 AM by DFO Zealot
[Reply] #69
06-08-2009 12:53 AM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

double post


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

Edited 06-08-2009 12:53 AM by DFO Zealot
[Reply] #70
06-08-2009 12:58 AM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

Numbers mean nothing when the opponent is invincible. The Metroids were created to combat the X-Parasites. The X are like the Flood, only better. They infect and kill the host, then absorb DNA to create a perfect copy. They then asexually divide to create even more copies.

The X completely took over planet SR388, mimicking all the wildlife and increasing exponentially from there. A Grand Total of 39 Metroids wiped out the entire planet. The only reason the X came back was because Samus killed the Metroids.

Metroids < X-parasites < Flood < Headcrabs.

Edit: It appears you beat me to it. But the point remains.


__________________

Edited 06-08-2009 12:59 AM by scenario
[Reply] #71
06-08-2009 01:02 AM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

scenario wrote: Numbers mean nothing when the opponent is invincible. The Metroids were created to combat the X-Parasites. The X are like the Flood, only better. They infect and kill the host, then absorb DNA to create a perfect copy. They then asexually divide to create even more copies.

The X completely took over planet SR388, mimicking all the wildlife and increasing exponentially from there. A Grand Total of 39 Metroids wiped out the entire planet. The only reason the X came back was because Samus killed the Metroids.

Metroids < X-parasites < Flood < Headcrabs.

The Metroid are anything from invincible. Many of the forms are very much vulnerable to attack, or at least to being taken over by the flood. Seeing how many forms lose that protective shell when evolving. And again, the Metroid were designed specifically FOR the X parasite. They were not however designed to take out the flood. So therefore the flood are taking many of the forms over, and overwhelming the rest with their superior numbers.

EDIT: And again, numbers DO matter because there would be way too much for the Metroid to absorb. They would absorb themselves to death.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

Edited 06-08-2009 01:04 AM by DFO Zealot
[Reply] #72
06-08-2009 01:13 AM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

GodHandTheWorld wrote: The Metroid are anything from invincible. Many of the forms are very much vulnerable to attack, or at least to being taken over by the flood. Seeing how many forms lose that protective shell when evolving. And again, the Metroid were designed specifically FOR the X parasite. They were not however designed to take out the flood. So therefore the flood are taking many of the forms over, and overwhelming the rest with their superior numbers.


Incorrect. Some Metroids are vulnerable to explosives and plasma weapons. Even so, they take an absurd amount of punishment before going down. That does not mean that hitting them with a tentacle will do anything. In addition, Metroids do not have calcium or a nervous system, two things integral to Flood infection. They are artificial energy beings.

Short of detonating the planet, it is impossible to kill a Zebes Metroid without ice. Merely touching a Phazon Metroid will cause corruption, leading to insanity or death. Not that they even could touch one, as they phase out of reality at a whim.

Hmmm... Corrupting a Gravemind. If one is driven insane or corrupted, all the Flood linked to it will also be affected. Something to think about.

I also must repeat that 39 Metroids wiped out a planet.


__________________

[Reply] #73
06-08-2009 01:35 AM
Joined: 04-27-2009
Posts: 1,832
offline
Sleazy P. Martini
Sleazy P. Martini
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 55

metroids are just bitches that rape...Also notice they gave the metroid side the Samus Aran X....As I recall the sax was a beast..


__________________



“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen F. Roberts

[Reply] #74
06-08-2009 01:41 AM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

scenario wrote:

GodHandTheWorld wrote: The Metroid are anything from invincible. Many of the forms are very much vulnerable to attack, or at least to being taken over by the flood. Seeing how many forms lose that protective shell when evolving. And again, the Metroid were designed specifically FOR the X parasite. They were not however designed to take out the flood. So therefore the flood are taking many of the forms over, and overwhelming the rest with their superior numbers.


Incorrect. Some Metroids are vulnerable to explosives and plasma weapons. Even so, they take an absurd amount of punishment before going down. That does not mean that hitting them with a tentacle will do anything. In addition, Metroids do not have calcium or a nervous system, two things integral to Flood infection. They are artificial energy beings.

Short of detonating the planet, it is impossible to kill a Zebes Metroid without ice. Merely touching a Phazon Metroid will cause corruption, leading to insanity or death. Not that they even could touch one, as they phase out of reality at a whim.

Hmmm... Corrupting a Gravemind. If one is driven insane or corrupted, all the Flood linked to it will also be affected. Something to think about.

I also must repeat that 39 Metroids wiped out a planet.

Alright, so the flood cannot kill or take over the metroid. So be it. However the Metroid would not be able to eliminate all of the flood/flood infected headcrab. They attack by absorbing life energy correct? I say that they absorb themselves to death. There are so many flood that the Metroid, for lack of a better term, over eat and then explode.

And Metroid are driven by their desire/need to absorb life energy correct?


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

Edited 06-08-2009 01:41 AM by DFO Zealot
[Reply] #75
06-08-2009 01:50 AM
Joined: 04-27-2009
Posts: 1,832
offline
Sleazy P. Martini
Sleazy P. Martini
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 55

GodHandTheWorld wrote:

scenario wrote:

GodHandTheWorld wrote: The Metroid are anything from invincible. Many of the forms are very much vulnerable to attack, or at least to being taken over by the flood. Seeing how many forms lose that protective shell when evolving. And again, the Metroid were designed specifically FOR the X parasite. They were not however designed to take out the flood. So therefore the flood are taking many of the forms over, and overwhelming the rest with their superior numbers.


Incorrect. Some Metroids are vulnerable to explosives and plasma weapons. Even so, they take an absurd amount of punishment before going down. That does not mean that hitting them with a tentacle will do anything. In addition, Metroids do not have calcium or a nervous system, two things integral to Flood infection. They are artificial energy beings.

Short of detonating the planet, it is impossible to kill a Zebes Metroid without ice. Merely touching a Phazon Metroid will cause corruption, leading to insanity or death. Not that they even could touch one, as they phase out of reality at a whim.

Hmmm... Corrupting a Gravemind. If one is driven insane or corrupted, all the Flood linked to it will also be affected. Something to think about.

I also must repeat that 39 Metroids wiped out a planet.

Alright, so the flood cannot kill or take over the metroid. So be it. However the Metroid would not be able to eliminate all of the flood/flood infected headcrab. They attack by absorbing life energy correct? I say that they absorb themselves to death. There are so many flood that the Metroid, for lack of a better term, over eat and then explode.

And Metroid are driven by their desire/need to absorb life energy correct?


That really doesnt matter either because we dont know how many metroids there are...Hell there might be enough to absorb all that life force..Simply put, in super metroid it states that metroids could be used to fight infection of all types. Later in the series we find that metroids were bred to fight infection. The flood lose bad.....


__________________



“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen F. Roberts

[Reply] #76
06-08-2009 02:05 AM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13

GodHandTheWorld wrote: Alright, so the flood cannot kill or take over the metroid. So be it. However the Metroid would not be able to eliminate all of the flood/flood infected headcrab. They attack by absorbing life energy correct? I say that they absorb themselves to death. There are so many flood that the Metroid, for lack of a better term, over eat and then explode.

And Metroid are driven by their desire/need to absorb life energy correct?


Only the ones in Metroid Prime explode, and those are Tallon Metroids. All others just drain yo until you die. Then they metamorphose into their next form once fed.

Keep sending Flood and eventually all of the Metroids will become Omegas or Hatchers, barring any mutations caused by whatever planet they are currently on.


__________________

[Reply] #77
06-08-2009 02:27 AM
Joined: 05-26-2009
Posts: 8,373
offline
DFO Zealot
DFO Zealot
Dungeon Fighter Online Lives
Rep: 97

Well the Metroid wouldn’t be able to eliminate all of the flood. I know this much. There are just far too many to deal with. Also what is stopping the flood from coming into arms with said technology that could destroy the Metroid? Flood are able to spread at an astounding rate. My theory is that the flood would spread from planet to planet by boarding whatever spacecraft are available. Sooner or later they would come into contact with the weapons capable of taking out the Metroid. All the flood need are a host and they can use whatever weapons they come into contact with. They do this in the Halo series.


__________________


Visit my userpage for more DFO game info.

Edited 06-08-2009 02:28 AM by DFO Zealot
[Reply] #78
06-08-2009 02:20 PM
Joined: 06-07-2009
Posts: 362
offline
the cameraman in Tunisia
Regular
Rep: 8

GodHandTheWorld wrote: Well the Metroid wouldn’t be able to eliminate all of the flood. I know this much. There are just far too many to deal with. Also what is stopping the flood from coming into arms with said technology that could destroy the Metroid? Flood are able to spread at an astounding rate. My theory is that the flood would spread from planet to planet by boarding whatever spacecraft are available. Sooner or later they would come into contact with the weapons capable of taking out the Metroid. All the flood need are a host and they can use whatever weapons they come into contact with. They do this in the Halo series.


Amazing...someone else noticed this. I was thinking I would have to repeat myself.


__________________


THEISM
See that person spazzing on the church floor babbling incoherently? That’s how God’s infinite wisdom reveals itself. Therefore, God exists.

[Reply] #79
06-08-2009 05:21 PM
Joined: 03-04-2009
Posts: 893
offline
scenario
Regular
Rep: 13


[url]http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_Prime_(creature)[/url]

Look, unless you have a counter to Metroid Prime, the Metroids win. Its first form changes its weaknesses constantly, and its second is weak only to weaponized phazon. If the Flood come into contact with phazon, they will either die, go insane and attack allies, or fall under Dark Samus’s (Metroid Prime) control.

Metroid Prime will continue to make more phazon, quickly corrupting planets and draining them of life. The Metroid Queen will continue to spawn more Metroids, which will metamorphose into more powerful forms. Even with weapons they can be hurt by, Metroids take a ridiculous amount of punishment before going down. Ice 5 missiles will only take down a larval Metroid; it takes 40 for an Omega, and they have immunity to ice.


__________________

Edited 06-08-2009 05:26 PM by scenario
[Reply] #80
08-24-2009 04:20 PM
Shorono
Guest

This is going to end up with a 3 year old fight. ; My dad is stronger than yor dad stuff.

<< First < Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, znjfl, The Ancient Apocalypse, Hanbei, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact