Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

KRATOS VS.DANTE

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #21
09-20-2008 12:15 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

Kratos was actually given the power to Kill a “god” by the power of Pandora’s Box in the first game, then by the Sword of Olympus in the second. But that is neither here nor there in this debate it is the former God of War verse a half demon if my memory serves. I would have to say Kratos after playing both games, but that is just my opinion


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #22
09-20-2008 12:16 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

Chaos Theory wrote: Kratos was actually given the power to Kill a “god” by the power of Pandora’s Box in the first game, then by the Sword of Olympus in the second. But that is neither here nor there in this debate it is the former God of War verse a half demon if my memory serves. I would have to say Kratos after playing both games, but that is just my opinion


i agree that kratos would win...but the way they seem to make him omnipotent for killing an immortal...it sickens me to say i love Greek mythology...


__________________

[Reply] #23
09-20-2008 12:19 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: Kratos was actually given the power to Kill a “god” by the power of Pandora’s Box in the first game, then by the Sword of Olympus in the second. But that is neither here nor there in this debate it is the former God of War verse a half demon if my memory serves. I would have to say Kratos after playing both games, but that is just my opinion


i agree that kratos would win...but the way they seem to make him omnipotent for killing an immortal...it sickens me to say i love Greek mythology...




Yeah that is funny Kratos is no where near omnipotent lol


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #24
09-20-2008 12:21 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

Chaos Theory wrote:

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: Kratos was actually given the power to Kill a “god” by the power of Pandora’s Box in the first game, then by the Sword of Olympus in the second. But that is neither here nor there in this debate it is the former God of War verse a half demon if my memory serves. I would have to say Kratos after playing both games, but that is just my opinion


i agree that kratos would win...but the way they seem to make him omnipotent for killing an immortal...it sickens me to say i love Greek mythology...




Yeah that is funny Kratos is no where near omnipotent lol


i know...and even with pandora’s box and the sword of Olympus...you still can’t KILL a god..you can cut him...but he will heal in a day of two..thus you would cut him up and throw the pieces into tartarus....they could have at least done that in the game...then it would be believable....


__________________

[Reply] #25
09-20-2008 12:24 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote:

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: Kratos was actually given the power to Kill a “god” by the power of Pandora’s Box in the first game, then by the Sword of Olympus in the second. But that is neither here nor there in this debate it is the former God of War verse a half demon if my memory serves. I would have to say Kratos after playing both games, but that is just my opinion


i agree that kratos would win...but the way they seem to make him omnipotent for killing an immortal...it sickens me to say i love Greek mythology...




Yeah that is funny Kratos is no where near omnipotent lol


i know...and even with pandora’s box and the sword of Olympus...you still can’t KILL a god..you can cut him...but he will heal in a day of two..thus you would cut him up and throw the pieces into tartarus....they could have at least done that in the game...then it would be believable....



It all comes down to the person interpreting the Myths I guess


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #26
09-20-2008 12:27 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

Chaos Theory wrote:

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote:

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: Kratos was actually given the power to Kill a “god” by the power of Pandora’s Box in the first game, then by the Sword of Olympus in the second. But that is neither here nor there in this debate it is the former God of War verse a half demon if my memory serves. I would have to say Kratos after playing both games, but that is just my opinion


i agree that kratos would win...but the way they seem to make him omnipotent for killing an immortal...it sickens me to say i love Greek mythology...




Yeah that is funny Kratos is no where near omnipotent lol


i know...and even with pandora’s box and the sword of Olympus...you still can’t KILL a god..you can cut him...but he will heal in a day of two..thus you would cut him up and throw the pieces into tartarus....they could have at least done that in the game...then it would be believable....



It all comes down to the person interpreting the Myths I guess


you do realize that in greek mythology zues had his head cut open by an Olympian axe by Hephaestus and that is supposedly how Athena came to be....thus they are [i]immortal[/]...hence their name the immortals or the Olympians...so it is really impossible to “kill” them....but they can be locked into tartarus....that is the only way...that is what happened to most of the titans....


__________________

[Reply] #27
09-20-2008 12:31 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

Humans have their heads split on a daily basis and have survived unless it was truly horrendous.


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #28
09-20-2008 12:32 PM
Joined: 02-03-2006
Posts: 19,540
offline
cholo
cholo
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 75

Kratos wins easy.

Also: Dante’s a twat.

[Reply] #29
09-20-2008 12:35 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

watermelon man wrote: Kratos wins easy.

Also: Dante’s a twat.


lol


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #30
09-20-2008 12:36 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

Chaos Theory wrote: Humans have their heads split on a daily basis and have survived unless it was truly horrendous.


his brain way in two pieces...Athena came out of the center of his mind...<.<...humans don’t do that....


__________________

[Reply] #31
09-20-2008 12:37 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

watermelon man wrote: Kratos wins easy.

Also: Dante’s a twat.


lol


__________________

[Reply] #32
09-20-2008 12:38 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: Humans have their heads split on a daily basis and have survived unless it was truly horrendous.


his brain way in two pieces...Athena came out of the center of his mind...<.<...humans don’t do that....



I see @.@ lol


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #33
09-20-2008 12:41 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

Chaos Theory wrote:

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: Humans have their heads split on a daily basis and have survived unless it was truly horrendous.


his brain way in two pieces...Athena came out of the center of his mind...<.<...humans don’t do that....



I see @.@ lol


that is my pont...and it had to be an Olympian axe or it wouldn’t have cut the skin...thus immortals/Olympians are truly (as the name entails) immortal...but not omnipotent mind you...just immortal.....


__________________

[Reply] #34
09-20-2008 12:43 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

I sees your point, but tell that to the creators of GoW


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #35
09-20-2008 12:45 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

Chaos Theory wrote: I sees your point, but tell that to the creators of GoW


they are the ones that disgust me....
they made a good game...i’ll give them that...
but at what cost?


__________________

[Reply] #36
09-20-2008 12:46 PM
Joined: 02-03-2006
Posts: 19,540
offline
cholo
cholo
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 75

If you couldn’t kill a God in God of War, there would be no game.

I mean hell for the most part you can’t, except for Pandora’s box and the blade of olympus. And since they never appeared in Greek mythology anyway (pandora’s box did, but it was never opened a second time), you can’t say those things wouldn’t work in killing a god.

[Reply] #37
09-20-2008 12:46 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: I sees your point, but tell that to the creators of GoW


they are the ones that disgust me....
they made a good game...i’ll give them that...
but at what cost?



The reputation of Olympus straight

Although I agree that the games rock


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

[Reply] #38
09-20-2008 12:49 PM
Joined: 02-03-2006
Posts: 19,540
offline
cholo
cholo
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 75

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: I sees your point, but tell that to the creators of GoW


they are the ones that disgust me....
they made a good game...i’ll give them that...
but at what cost?



Yeah, how DARE they show some inaccuracies of greek mythology?

It’s not like every single video game ever doesn’t deliver the same cock-slap to physics with things like double-jumps or turning around in mid-air or having enemies vanish when you kill them.

Don’t act like you’re offended because some dudes made a video game that doesn’t accurately portray Greek mythology. Hell, even Greek mythology didn’t accurately portray it, because the greek gods were never real.

Not to mention there is no “definite” way anything happened in Greek mythology, since nothing was ever written until centuries later so the stories were told by word-of-mouth alone. So in all actuality there is no “accurate” portrayal of greek mythology, so they didn’t do anything really in the game.

[Reply] #39
09-20-2008 12:52 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

watermelon man wrote:

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: I sees your point, but tell that to the creators of GoW


they are the ones that disgust me....
they made a good game...i’ll give them that...
but at what cost?



Yeah, how DARE they show some inaccuracies of greek mythology?

It’s not like every single video game ever doesn’t deliver the same cock-slap to physics with things like double-jumps or turning around in mid-air or having enemies vanish when you kill them.

Don’t act like you’re offended because some dudes made a video game that doesn’t accurately portray Greek mythology. Hell, even Greek mythology didn’t accurately portray it, because the greek gods were never real.

Not to mention there is no “definite” way anything happened in Greek mythology, since nothing was ever written until centuries later so the stories were told by word-of-mouth alone. So in all actuality there is no “accurate” portrayal of greek mythology, so they didn’t do anything really in the game.


your missing the point...they cut out the heart and soul of greek mythology...they didn’t just alter it like they do science...and it is fun to play with the laws of physics....just like yesterday i rolled UP a hill instead of down one just in spit of it...lol
good times....


__________________

[Reply] #40
09-20-2008 12:55 PM
Joined: 09-11-2007
Posts: 35,678
offline
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
§The Hundred Knight§
Rep: 229

watermelon man wrote:

J peth wrote:

Chaos Theory wrote: I sees your point, but tell that to the creators of GoW


they are the ones that disgust me....
they made a good game...i’ll give them that...
but at what cost?



Yeah, how DARE they show some inaccuracies of greek mythology?

It’s not like every single video game ever doesn’t deliver the same cock-slap to physics with things like double-jumps or turning around in mid-air or having enemies vanish when you kill them.

Don’t act like you’re offended because some dudes made a video game that doesn’t accurately portray Greek mythology. Hell, even Greek mythology didn’t accurately portray it, because the greek gods were never real.

Not to mention there is no “definite” way anything happened in Greek mythology, since nothing was ever written until centuries later so the stories were told by word-of-mouth alone. So in all actuality there is no “accurate” portrayal of greek mythology, so they didn’t do anything really in the game.



this is one of the reasons I respect this guy lol


__________________


§Metallia AKA: Metallica§

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, znjfl, The Ancient Apocalypse, Hanbei, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact