Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Goku Vs Superman Vs Naruto Vs Ichigo Vs Luffy Vs HST Vs Dragon Ball Z Vs Bleach x One Piece V Toriko

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #41
07-10-2011 10:10 PM
Joined: 06-27-2010
Posts: 23,315
offline
The Sisko
The Sisko
The Emissary
Rep: 195

The FASTEST that lightning travels is between 1/5 and 1/2 the speed of light


__________________



[Reply] #42
07-10-2011 10:13 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.


__________________

[Reply] #43
07-10-2011 10:15 PM
Derp
Guest

ITT: what the fuck is a simile? All statements are fact.

[Reply] #44
07-10-2011 10:16 PM
Joined: 05-30-2011
Posts: 9,372
offline
Stygian
Stygian
We don't want any.
Rep: 169

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



I fucked up the calc slightly. It’s actually about 1/50 the speed of light, not 1/48.

Anyway, is there a rough calculation of base Goku’s speed?

[Reply] #45
07-10-2011 10:18 PM
Joined: 05-28-2011
Posts: 2,119
offline
RHR
RHR
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 52

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



doesnt it only multiply the POWER LEVEL?

[Reply] #46
07-10-2011 10:20 PM
Joined: 05-30-2011
Posts: 9,372
offline
Stygian
Stygian
We don't want any.
Rep: 169

Shoddragon wrote: The FASTEST that lightning travels is between 1/5 and 1/2 the speed of light



According to what source is lightning half the speed of light?

Regardless, that would be at it’s fastest, and isn’t the typical speed of lightning.

[Reply] #47
07-10-2011 10:20 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Paradox wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



I fucked up the calc slightly. It’s actually about 1/50 the speed of light, not 1/48.

Anyway, is there a rough calculation of base Goku’s speed?

I yeah I remember reading a few threads a long time ago that had calced goku’s speed, but I wouldnt know how to find it, ask one of the hardcore DBZ debators if they know anything. I normally dont like to use calcs but thats just me. Also even if its only 1/50 goku does get massively faster throughout the entire series so he would still be over lightspeed.


__________________

[Reply] #48
07-10-2011 10:24 PM
Joined: 05-30-2011
Posts: 9,372
offline
Stygian
Stygian
We don't want any.
Rep: 169

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



I fucked up the calc slightly. It’s actually about 1/50 the speed of light, not 1/48.

Anyway, is there a rough calculation of base Goku’s speed?

I yeah I remember reading a few threads a long time ago that had calced goku’s speed, but I wouldnt know how to find it, ask one of the hardcore DBZ debators if they know anything. I normally dont like to use calcs but thats just me. Also even if its only 1/50 goku does get massively faster throughout the entire series so he would still be over lightspeed.



No, he would not neccesarily be faster than light based on 'he gets faster throughout the series'. Without any ACTUAL evidence or something to powerscale his speed off of; then you have no way of saying that he is MFTL.

[Reply] #49
07-10-2011 10:25 PM
Joined: 06-27-2010
Posts: 23,315
offline
The Sisko
The Sisko
The Emissary
Rep: 195

No. There aren’t many quantifiable things in dragonball. Really only tao’s pillar toss which can range from Mach 14 to Mach 40 something, goku’s traveling snake way towards earth which has calcs ranging from Mach 17 to Mach 30 something. Some other calcs for freeza putting him at Mach 100+ and gotenks calc which puts him at something like Mach 1000. The last one kinda solidifies them being below lightspeed. The simple fact that ssj1 gotenks could not reach Buu’s house within a minute should be obvious where they stand speed wise


__________________



[Reply] #50
07-10-2011 10:25 PM
Joined: 05-28-2011
Posts: 2,119
offline
RHR
RHR
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 52

Idk about MASSIVELY, cuz they cant fly that fast, but combat speed and reaction speed would probably be anywhere from relativistic to a few times ftl

[Reply] #51
07-10-2011 10:25 PM
Joined: 07-03-2011
Posts: 16,622
offline
Jin
Jin
Asianize the World - We are the Future
Rep: 176

Kirby solos evry1 wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



doesnt it only multiply the POWER LEVEL?



In DBZ, power level means speed, durability, strength, etc.
The higher the power level, the faster and stronger you are.


__________________

[Reply] #52
07-10-2011 10:27 PM
Joined: 05-30-2011
Posts: 9,372
offline
Stygian
Stygian
We don't want any.
Rep: 169

Shoddragon wrote: No. There aren’t many quantifiable things in dragonball. Really only tao’s pillar toss which can range from Mach 14 to Mach 40 something, goku’s traveling snake way towards earth which has calcs ranging from Mach 17 to Mach 30 something. Some other calcs for freeza putting him at Mach 100+ and gotenks calc which puts him at something like Mach 1000. The last one kinda solidifies them being below lightspeed. The simple fact that ssj1 gotenks could not reach Buu’s house within a minute should be obvious where they stand speed wise



Yes, that should at least solidify their travelling speed as significantly less that LS.

Edited 07-10-2011 10:28 PM by Stygian
[Reply] #53
07-10-2011 10:29 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Kirby solos evry1 wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



doesnt it only multiply the POWER LEVEL?

When their power level increases, everything does.


__________________

[Reply] #54
07-10-2011 10:30 PM
Joined: 05-30-2011
Posts: 9,372
offline
Stygian
Stygian
We don't want any.
Rep: 169

Kirby solos evry1 wrote: Idk about MASSIVELY, cuz they cant fly that fast, but combat speed and reaction speed would probably be anywhere from relativistic to a few times ftl



Again, without something to powerscale their speeds of off, then we have no TRUE way of knowing what their reaction speeds are.

[Reply] #55
07-10-2011 10:32 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Paradox wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



I fucked up the calc slightly. It’s actually about 1/50 the speed of light, not 1/48.

Anyway, is there a rough calculation of base Goku’s speed?

I yeah I remember reading a few threads a long time ago that had calced goku’s speed, but I wouldnt know how to find it, ask one of the hardcore DBZ debators if they know anything. I normally dont like to use calcs but thats just me. Also even if its only 1/50 goku does get massively faster throughout the entire series so he would still be over lightspeed.



No, he would not neccesarily be faster than light based on 'he gets faster throughout the series'. Without any ACTUAL evidence or something to powerscale his speed off of; then you have no way of saying that he is MFTL.

Well he made it all they around namek in an instant, thats something to go on. When their power increases everything else does, speed, durability, power, physical, strength, etc. Goku has trained so many times and gotten so many power-ups since his first super saiyan transformation.


__________________

Edited 07-10-2011 10:33 PM by Redx
[Reply] #55
07-10-2011 10:32 PM
Joined: 01-07-2011
Posts: 4,703
offline
juniorsworld
juniorsworld
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 91

considering they dodge ki blasts that travel to distant planets in seconds, yeah, they are. not just goku, by the way.


__________________

[Reply] #56
07-10-2011 10:33 PM
Joined: 05-28-2011
Posts: 2,119
offline
RHR
RHR
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 52

JayDragon wrote: In DBZ, power level means speed, durability, strength, etc.
The higher the power level, the faster and stronger you are.



true but it doesnt necessarily mean it multiplies strength, speed, and endurance by 50 is all im saying

[Reply] #58
07-10-2011 10:34 PM
Joined: 04-28-2011
Posts: 25,292
offline
Redx
Redx
Great Holy Knight~
Rep: 212

Kirby solos evry1 wrote:

JayDragon wrote: In DBZ, power level means speed, durability, strength, etc.
The higher the power level, the faster and stronger you are.



true but it doesnt necessarily mean it multiplies strength, speed, and endurance by 50 is all im saying

It does mean everything times 50.


__________________

[Reply] #59
07-10-2011 10:35 PM
Joined: 05-30-2011
Posts: 9,372
offline
Stygian
Stygian
We don't want any.
Rep: 169

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

Redx wrote:

Paradox wrote:

ItsOver wrote: To everyone saying lighting isnt lightspeed dont forget that lighting can range from massively hypersonic to 1/2 the speed of light.



Actually, the average lightning bolt travels at about 3,700Mi/s compared to lights 186,000Mi/s. In other words; average lightning travels at a puny 1/48 the speed of light.

The super saiyan transformation multiplies everything by 50 so that would put him over lightspeed.



I fucked up the calc slightly. It’s actually about 1/50 the speed of light, not 1/48.

Anyway, is there a rough calculation of base Goku’s speed?

I yeah I remember reading a few threads a long time ago that had calced goku’s speed, but I wouldnt know how to find it, ask one of the hardcore DBZ debators if they know anything. I normally dont like to use calcs but thats just me. Also even if its only 1/50 goku does get massively faster throughout the entire series so he would still be over lightspeed.



No, he would not neccesarily be faster than light based on 'he gets faster throughout the series'. Without any ACTUAL evidence or something to powerscale his speed off of; then you have no way of saying that he is MFTL.

Well he made it all they around namek in an instant, thats something to go on. When their power increases everything else does, speed, durability, power, physical, strength, etc. Goku has trained so many times and gotten so many power-ups since his first super saiyan transformation.



Goku FLEW all the way around Namek in an instant? Are you sure it wasn’t through instant transmission?

[Reply] #60
07-10-2011 10:36 PM
Joined: 07-03-2011
Posts: 16,622
offline
Jin
Jin
Asianize the World - We are the Future
Rep: 176

Kirby solos evry1 wrote:

JayDragon wrote: In DBZ, power level means speed, durability, strength, etc.
The higher the power level, the faster and stronger you are.



true but it doesnt necessarily mean it multiplies strength, speed, and endurance by 50 is all im saying



Did Akira say that ssj1 Goku is 50x base Goku?
Yes, he did.
Akira said it himself and made it official.
Yes, it does multiply by 50.
It doesn’t matter what you “say”.
That’s just the way it is.
That’s DBZ logic for you.

EVERYONE knows this.


__________________

Edited 07-10-2011 10:37 PM by Jin

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, znjfl, The Ancient Apocalypse, Hanbei, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact