Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Legend of Korra Discussion Thread.

<< First < Prev 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #1,381
03-02-2015 12:42 AM
Joined: 12-29-2013
Posts: 11,927
offline
Fan of HST
Fan of HST
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 85

Zemoco wrote: Sorry I just dropped off lol.

Anyway, I better head to bed. Night.



Goodnight


__________________

[Reply] #1,382
03-02-2015 12:44 AM
LOK fan
Guest

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.



Preach!

[Reply] #1,383
03-02-2015 12:45 AM
Joined: 06-24-2014
Posts: 2,757
offline
40 acres
40 acres
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 66

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime in old age. In fact Toph skill level pretty much shows you what level ATLA were at. She chose not to help them. Saying they needed to do it on their own.


__________________

Edited 03-02-2015 12:48 AM by 40 acres
[Reply] #1,384
03-02-2015 12:47 AM
Joined: 12-29-2013
Posts: 11,927
offline
Fan of HST
Fan of HST
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 85

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Toph is on a completely different lvl then Bumi. And no. Either one of them could probably beat Bumi in a one on one fight. Not easily either


__________________

[Reply] #1,385
03-02-2015 12:50 AM
Joined: 06-24-2014
Posts: 2,757
offline
40 acres
40 acres
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 66

Fan of HST wrote:

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Toph is on a completely different lvl then Bumi. And no. Either one of them could probably beat Bumi in a one on one fight. Not easily either


Bumi took back an entire city by himself. In what showing has either one shown skill or power like that. That statue was pretty much the same size as that building Bolin knocked over.


__________________

Edited 03-02-2015 12:50 AM by 40 acres
[Reply] #1,386
03-02-2015 12:50 AM
Joined: 01-06-2013
Posts: 4,754
offline
Erised
Erised
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 52

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Hold up, don’t be twisting what i’m saying.

This isn’t Bumi vs Lin or Toph vs Lin, stop that crap.

The simple fact is that because they don’t use large amounts of whatever they are bending it means they are weaker than ATLA characters. That’s not what’s going on. The fighting style has changed. They don’t NEED to use large attacks because they use more precise and concentrated ones that are less taxing and time consuming.

The fact that they COULD do large ass feats but don’t do it throws the who has bigger feats argument thing into question.


__________________

Edited 03-02-2015 12:52 AM by Erised
[Reply] #1,387
03-02-2015 12:51 AM
Joined: 12-29-2013
Posts: 11,927
offline
Fan of HST
Fan of HST
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 85

40 acres wrote:

Fan of HST wrote:

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Toph is on a completely different lvl then Bumi. And no. Either one of them could probably beat Bumi in a one on one fight. Not easily either


Bumi took back an entire city by himself. In what showing has either one shown skill or power like that.



Bumi took back a city with a city full of firebenders who couldn’t bend.

Seriously? That’s your argument? Lol.


__________________

[Reply] #1,388
03-02-2015 12:51 AM
Joined: 01-06-2013
Posts: 4,754
offline
Erised
Erised
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 52

Fan of HST wrote:

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Toph is on a completely different lvl then Bumi. And no. Either one of them could probably beat Bumi in a one on one fight. Not easily either



Don’t get into this argument. It’s a totally different thing.


__________________

[Reply] #1,389
03-02-2015 12:53 AM
Joined: 12-29-2013
Posts: 11,927
offline
Fan of HST
Fan of HST
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 85

Erised wrote:

Fan of HST wrote:

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Toph is on a completely different lvl then Bumi. And no. Either one of them could probably beat Bumi in a one on one fight. Not easily either



Don’t get into this argument. It’s a totally different thing.



Cool


__________________

[Reply] #1,390
03-02-2015 12:54 AM
Joined: 01-06-2013
Posts: 4,754
offline
Erised
Erised
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 52

Imma sleep.


__________________

[Reply] #1,391
03-02-2015 12:56 AM
Joined: 03-27-2013
Posts: 9,157
offline
Rich-616
Rich-616
The Great Uniter
Rep: 79

40 acres wrote: The original concept of the series before raava was even thought of was the past life connection.

He didn’t need to connect to Raava on that level his powers were already strong. Korra was basically just bending spiritual energy. Aang adventures interacting with spirits was only touched upon. Considering he could leave the avatar body and manifest himself says a lot about his spiritual abilities. You do remember he did that to help korra right?

Bro he was talking in his past lives voice in the avatar state. That was a major theme in the series.

See point number 2 for the last part.



As far as we know they may have had something like Raava in mind even then, either way it still applies considering it’s the same series.

You’re right, he didn’t need to connect to Raava to be powerful but that also means he can’t access his full potential, because he doesn’t even know about it. Korra had the advantage of being aware of Raava and connecting with her to such an extent.

When she fought Unalaq she had a similar voice thing going on, it’s just an affect.

I keep comparing them to jinchuuriki because it’s very similar. Korra began accessing more power from Raava because she knew of her existence and tapped into more of her potential.

Edited 03-02-2015 12:58 AM by Rich-616
[Reply] #1,392
03-02-2015 01:04 AM
Joined: 06-24-2014
Posts: 2,757
offline
40 acres
40 acres
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 66

Fan of HST wrote:

40 acres wrote:

Fan of HST wrote:

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Toph is on a completely different lvl then Bumi. And no. Either one of them could probably beat Bumi in a one on one fight. Not easily either


Bumi took back an entire city by himself. In what showing has either one shown skill or power like that.



Bumi took back a city with a city full of firebenders who couldn’t bend.

Seriously? That’s your argument? Lol.


Lol like that matters. What he displayed was still impressive as fuck. Be serious regardless. I already made my point with Toph


__________________

[Reply] #1,393
03-02-2015 01:11 AM
Joined: 06-24-2014
Posts: 2,757
offline
40 acres
40 acres
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 66

Erised wrote:

40 acres wrote:

Erised wrote: Anybody who claims that ATLA is stronger than LOK because the bending feats are bigger have no idea what they are talking about.

Bending combat has changed since ATLA. They use smaller more concentrated attacks along with speed. Pro Bending is a symbol of this cultural shift. That doesn’t mean they can’t use large feats if needed.

Lin and Bolin are perfect examples.

EVERY fight Lin has been in has featured her using small rocks. Yet we know for a FACT she can levitate a dozen large ass boulders with NO STRAIN. All those boulders combined would be the size of one the houses that Bumi himself was tossing at Omashu.

Bolin BISECTED a BUILDING. Yet in every fight he used small amounts of earth.

Both of these characters have gotten into drawn out earthbending fights. Which means they’re high end feats are not something exclusive to them.


That is nonsense Boomy would wreck Lin and Bolin in earthbending. Both with skill and Power. ATLA displayed skilled simultaneously performing bigger attacks. Toph could still wreck them outside of her prime.



Hold up, don’t be twisting what i’m saying.

This isn’t Bumi vs Lin or Toph vs Lin, stop that crap.

The simple fact is that because they don’t use large amounts of whatever they are bending it means they are weaker than ATLA characters. That’s not what’s going on. The fighting style has changed. They don’t NEED to use large attacks because they use more precise and concentrated ones that are less taxing and time consuming.

The fact that they COULD do large ass feats but don’t do it throws the who has bigger feats argument thing into question.


You are comparing the series. The fighting turned towards a weaker style. Just like modern martial arts because of peace. There is more to suggest war time benders were stronger then legend of korra. Kuvira was supposed to stomped everyone knew this fact. The only thing that stopped it was ptsd. The red lotus is the only ones you can make such a claims.


__________________

[Reply] #1,394
03-02-2015 01:12 AM
Joined: 06-24-2014
Posts: 2,757
offline
40 acres
40 acres
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 66

Rich-616 wrote:

40 acres wrote: The original concept of the series before raava was even thought of was the past life connection.

He didn’t need to connect to Raava on that level his powers were already strong. Korra was basically just bending spiritual energy. Aang adventures interacting with spirits was only touched upon. Considering he could leave the avatar body and manifest himself says a lot about his spiritual abilities. You do remember he did that to help korra right?

Bro he was talking in his past lives voice in the avatar state. That was a major theme in the series.

See point number 2 for the last part.



As far as we know they may have had something like Raava in mind even then, either way it still applies considering it’s the same series.

You’re right, he didn’t need to connect to Raava to be powerful but that also means he can’t access his full potential, because he doesn’t even know about it. Korra had the advantage of being aware of Raava and connecting with her to such an extent.

When she fought Unalaq she had a similar voice thing going on, it’s just an affect.

I keep comparing them to jinchuuriki because it’s very similar. Korra began accessing more power from Raava because she knew of her existence and tapped into more of her potential.


I am done this is just a difference of opinions. Nobody is going to change yheir minds.


__________________

[Reply] #1,395
03-02-2015 01:14 AM
Joined: 03-27-2013
Posts: 9,157
offline
Rich-616
Rich-616
The Great Uniter
Rep: 79

Most of the fights in TLA weren’t even large scale, they usually fought with pretty normal bending.

Look at Mako, he can use fire jets better than Azula, slice clean through rock, use his fire like bladed weapons, etc. Bolin knocks over skyscrapers. Claiming that bending has weakened doesn’t make sense.

Edited 03-02-2015 01:15 AM by Rich-616
[Reply] #1,396
03-02-2015 01:20 AM
Joined: 06-24-2014
Posts: 2,757
offline
40 acres
40 acres
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 66

Rich-616 wrote: Most of the fights in TLA weren’t even large scale, they usually fought with pretty normal bending.

Look at Mako, he can use fire jets better than Azula, slice clean through rock, use his fire like bladed weapons, etc. Bolin knocks over skyscrapers. Claiming that bending has weakened doesn’t make sense.


Who do you think taught the next generation? It was literally the previous group of benders from ATLA. Korra could have easily fought Amon and Unalaak.


__________________

[Reply] #1,397
03-02-2015 01:25 AM
Joined: 03-27-2013
Posts: 9,157
offline
Rich-616
Rich-616
The Great Uniter
Rep: 79

Some of them, but it’s pretty common that the student surpasses the master. Not always (Toph) but usually. My point is that saying overall bending power decreased doesn’t make sense, as time goes on characters typically get stronger and stronger, that’s the point of power progression prevalent in almost any anime ever.

Edited 03-02-2015 01:26 AM by Rich-616
[Reply] #1,398
03-02-2015 01:32 AM
Joined: 06-24-2014
Posts: 2,757
offline
40 acres
40 acres
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 66

Rich-616 wrote: Some of them, but it’s pretty common that the student surpasses the master. Not always (Toph) but usually. My point is that saying overall bending power decreased doesn’t make sense, as time goes on characters typically get stronger and stronger, that’s the point of power progression prevalent in almost any anime ever.

Legend of Korra isn’t a anime though bro. They moved away from bending and headed towards technology. It was more martial arts oriented than bending.


__________________

[Reply] #1,399
03-02-2015 01:40 AM
Joined: 03-27-2013
Posts: 9,157
offline
Rich-616
Rich-616
The Great Uniter
Rep: 79

I know it’s not technically an anime, but it’s similar. Especially considering it’s eastern-based and whatnot.

Korra did have way more people with unique abilities popping up. And even once-in-a-lifetime benders like pretty much the entire Red Lotus, and Amon.

Edited 03-02-2015 01:49 AM by Rich-616
[Reply] #1,400
03-02-2015 02:39 PM
Joined: 12-02-2013
Posts: 370
offline
Janeiro
Janeiro
Regular
Rep: 9

Rich-616 wrote:

Janeiro wrote:

Rich-616 wrote: She’s definitely the stronger Avatar btw, Erised.





1) Skilled in three elements as a toddler,
2) overpowered bloodbending without AS,
3) energy bent an explosion that was about to destroy a city,
4) and had the strongest connection with Raava. The source of the Avatar’s power.

5) How is she not the strongest? Enlighten me, please.



1) Not skilled she had earlier access than most other avatars. And sadly even by the time she was 20-21 she wasn’t as skilled in all 4 of them together as Aang was against Ozai. Its pretty much Vegeta & Goku all over again. Aang may have been a late bloomer (not really but between the 2 of them he is) but at the rate he learns & adapts is far greater.
2) When was this? Are you referring her airbending shtick against Amon?
3) That isn’t really impressive. Aging Ruko did something more impressive. That earth nation avatar her name slips me atm moved entire islands and more. Aang is above Ruko in terms of power perhaps even that Earth one but the jury is out on that one. He is the most spiritually connected from the last 4 though.
4) That was a part-time thing. It only happened b/c of what occurs every 100K years or w.e. It wasn’t due to her own capabilities. And considering her lack of spiritual connection compared to all the ones shown before Ruko or anyone else could have done that as well. Let alone Aang who from the last 4 has the best spiritual connection.
5) This isn’t really hard to tell. Even in LoK they keep referring to Aang as the big bad. Toph even said it out right. That’s how the creators made her. Not saying she is the WOAT or anything. but from the 2 we have seen in full she is definitely 2nd place. As for Ruko & the others it more guess work than anything. But I’m sure Korra isn’t the worst one. It from the 2 she is significantly shown to be below. And lastly Aang against Ozai x 100 (his regular self). Redirecting that kind of powerful lighting etc. Moving entire pillars of rock casually something that the giant metal robot of the s.4 villain wouldn’t be able to Considering it had problems dealing with large city buildings.

Well that’s my take on it. Don’t know why you’re taking it the wrong way man.


__________________


All art credits go to: Athakra
Wonderfully done.

<< First < Prev 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact