Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Cartoon General Discussion Thread

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #41
01-23-2014 02:33 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

Gravity Falls is pretty darn cool, weird who would have thought Disney still makes cartoons?


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

[Reply] #42
01-23-2014 06:10 PM
Joined: 01-24-2011
Posts: 4,002
offline
Zevroid
Zevroid
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 78

GayAssFightingHero wrote: Gravity Falls is pretty darn cool, weird who would have thought Disney still makes cartoons?


Wander Over Yonder is a pretty fun show as well, and it’s also on Disney. A really weird one, but a good kind of weird. Kind of like Fosters Home in that regard--though I guess that makes sense, considering they have the same creator.


__________________

Edited 01-23-2014 06:11 PM by Zevroid
[Reply] #43
01-23-2014 06:16 PM
Joined: 09-10-2012
Posts: 77,162
offline
Zeed College Mode
Zeed College Mode
~Once and Forever King~
Rep: 207

GayAssFightingHero wrote: Gravity Falls is pretty darn cool, weird who would have thought Disney still makes cartoons?

truu

*punches a pteranodon in the face*


__________________

[Reply] #44
01-23-2014 06:18 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

Zeed wrote:

GayAssFightingHero wrote: Gravity Falls is pretty darn cool, weird who would have thought Disney still makes cartoons?

truu

*punches a pteranodon in the face*

Have you seen the one where the guy from the fighting game comes to real life?

Just awesome.


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

[Reply] #45
01-23-2014 06:19 PM
Joined: 09-10-2012
Posts: 77,162
offline
Zeed College Mode
Zeed College Mode
~Once and Forever King~
Rep: 207

GayAssFightingHero wrote:

Zeed wrote:

GayAssFightingHero wrote: Gravity Falls is pretty darn cool, weird who would have thought Disney still makes cartoons?

truu

*punches a pteranodon in the face*

Have you seen the one where the guy from the fighting game comes to real life?

Just awesome.

Ah, no sadly.


__________________

[Reply] #46
01-23-2014 06:20 PM
Joined: 01-24-2011
Posts: 4,002
offline
Zevroid
Zevroid
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 78

GayAssFightingHero wrote:

Zeed wrote:

GayAssFightingHero wrote: Gravity Falls is pretty darn cool, weird who would have thought Disney still makes cartoons?

truu

*punches a pteranodon in the face*

Have you seen the one where the guy from the fighting game comes to real life?

Just awesome.


That was pretty hilarious!

But I still think Bill Cipher is the best character. Omnipresent Insanity for the win!


__________________

[Reply] #47
01-23-2014 06:21 PM
Joined: 11-03-2013
Posts: 6,697
offline
Squark
Squark
Got a room full of retro J's
Rep: 101

So I was wondering, does Disney or CN still make quality cartoons? Or are they just pure shit now? Been watching some Courage the Cowardly Dog and I was wondering.


__________________

[Reply] #48
01-23-2014 06:26 PM
Joined: 01-24-2011
Posts: 4,002
offline
Zevroid
Zevroid
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 78

Squark the majestic penguin wrote: So I was wondering, does Disney or CN still make quality cartoons? Or are they just pure shit now? Been watching some Courage the Cowardly Dog and I was wondering.


Let’s see...
Disney has Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder. Phineas and Ferb, at this point, just feels like it’s been run into the ground.

CN, depends on who you ask. A lot of people will say that Regular Show and Adventure Time are great, but if you ask me, I don’t really like Regular Show and I have no idea how to feel about Adventure Time. They used to have Young Justice and Green Lantern, but both of those got cancelled, and it looks like Beware the Batman might go as well. Then there’s Dragons, but it’s not really their show. Steven Universe is decent, but it kind of lost my attention.


__________________

[Reply] #49
01-23-2014 06:27 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

Squark the majestic penguin wrote: So I was wondering, does Disney or CN still make quality cartoons? Or are they just pure shit now? Been watching some Courage the Cowardly Dog and I was wondering.

Like I said Gravity Falls is good, I like The Amazing World of Gumball (but that’s because it’s like porn for any fan animation, not the funniest, but it mixes multiple styles of animation and does interesting stuff sometimes)

Other then that I honestly don’t really like most CN shows, never even watch Disney, just checked out GF On Demand.

Adventure Time is alright sometimes not so much though, whole lot of hipster hype surrounding it and Teen Titans Go is decent, sometimes pretty entertaining (just keep in mind it’s nothing like the original TT cartoon)

IMO nothing from either stands up to stuff like PPG, Samurai Jack or Dexters.


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

Edited 01-23-2014 06:28 PM by The Dan Hibiki
[Reply] #50
01-23-2014 06:35 PM
Joined: 01-24-2011
Posts: 4,002
offline
Zevroid
Zevroid
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 78

GayAssFightingHero wrote: IMO nothing from either stands up to stuff like PPG, Dexters.


I don’t know about that...


Because Craig can’t seem to NOT make something entertaining, no matter network he works with.
I know he was only a (art)director and storyboard artist for Dexter, but his work on it made it pretty entertaining.


__________________

[Reply] #51
01-23-2014 06:51 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

PPG is hands down one of the best animated series IMO, the directing (flow of scenes from shot-to-shot) is like something by an acclaimed film director. I haven’t seen many cartoons like it.

Can’t say for Wander Over Yonder, haven’t seen it yet, though seeing how much you seem to like it, I just might give it a try.


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

Edited 01-23-2014 06:52 PM by The Dan Hibiki
[Reply] #52
01-23-2014 06:53 PM
Joined: 11-03-2013
Posts: 6,697
offline
Squark
Squark
Got a room full of retro J's
Rep: 101

So they’re basically meh.
Thanks guys.


__________________

[Reply] #53
01-23-2014 06:56 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

Squark the majestic penguin wrote: So they’re basically meh.
Thanks guys.

I’d say you just gotta check around and see what you like, if you’re real curious check a channel on youtube called RebelTaxi (Proto Dude told me about it) - he gives concise reviews on all the latest toons.



Check this out though, it’s a pilot - if CN has any good sense it’s soon to be a series.


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

[Reply] #54
01-23-2014 06:59 PM
Joined: 01-24-2011
Posts: 4,002
offline
Zevroid
Zevroid
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 78

GayAssFightingHero wrote: PPG is hands down one of the best animated series IMO, the directing (flow of scenes from shot-to-shot) is like something by an acclaimed film director. I haven’t seen many cartoons like it.

Can’t say for Wander Over Yonder, haven’t seen it yet, though seeing how much you seem to like it, I just might give it a try.


I never really got into PPG, but it was a pretty damn good show. No denying that.
Not sure if Wander Over Yonder can be considered as good, but I’d say it’s about the same as Fosters. Which still makes it pretty fun.


__________________

[Reply] #55
01-23-2014 07:00 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

Proto wrote:

GayAssFightingHero wrote: PPG is hands down one of the best animated series IMO, the directing (flow of scenes from shot-to-shot) is like something by an acclaimed film director. I haven’t seen many cartoons like it.

Can’t say for Wander Over Yonder, haven’t seen it yet, though seeing how much you seem to like it, I just might give it a try.


I never really got into PPG, but it was a pretty damn good show. No denying that.
Not sure if Wander Over Yonder can be considered as good, but I’d say it’s about the same as Fosters. Which still makes it pretty fun.

That’s a plus I enjoyed a lot of Foster’s episodes.


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

[Reply] #56
01-23-2014 07:05 PM
Joined: 01-24-2011
Posts: 4,002
offline
Zevroid
Zevroid
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 78

GayAssFightingHero wrote:

Proto wrote:

GayAssFightingHero wrote: PPG is hands down one of the best animated series IMO, the directing (flow of scenes from shot-to-shot) is like something by an acclaimed film director. I haven’t seen many cartoons like it.

Can’t say for Wander Over Yonder, haven’t seen it yet, though seeing how much you seem to like it, I just might give it a try.


I never really got into PPG, but it was a pretty damn good show. No denying that.
Not sure if Wander Over Yonder can be considered as good, but I’d say it’s about the same as Fosters. Which still makes it pretty fun.

That’s a plus I enjoyed a lot of Foster’s episodes.


You’re gonna have to watch it online if you don’t want to deal with the rest of the Disney Channel though. Seriously, sitting through most of those commercials is just painful.


__________________

[Reply] #57
01-27-2014 08:44 AM
Joined: 01-04-2014
Posts: 1,452
offline
TheKaiserKnight
TheKaiserKnight
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 57

I liked Cartoons that were back in the old days of the 90’s.

What A Cartoon Show.

Dexters Lab.

Johnny Bravo.

PowerPuff Girls.

Cow And chicken.

Courage The Cowardly Dog.

Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy.

And maybe a bit more.


__________________

If I ever pissed you off, I did it because it tickled my dick to do so.

[Reply] #58
01-27-2014 08:52 AM
Joined: 01-04-2014
Posts: 1,452
offline
TheKaiserKnight
TheKaiserKnight
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 57

Plus there were also the old cartoons that used to air on Cartoons Network, but got moved to Boomerang.

Huckleberry Hound.

Flintstones.

Jetsons.

The Original Space Ghost.

Yogi Bear.

And a few others I couldn’t remember at the moment.


__________________

If I ever pissed you off, I did it because it tickled my dick to do so.

[Reply] #59
01-27-2014 09:11 AM
Joined: 01-14-2010
Posts: 5,074
offline
-_-
-_-
Past or present I'll always protect my..
Rep: 88

The 90s was god tier for cartoons.


__________________

[Reply] #60
01-27-2014 09:16 AM
Joined: 11-23-2013
Posts: 14,043
offline
Maximum D
Maximum D
fuck with me you know i got it
Rep: 113

Cartoons suck now. They need to bring back Ed Edd n Eddy and Billy and Mandy.


__________________

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Raziel, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact