Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Predicament Shamus (RP thread)

[1] 2 3 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #1
04-19-2015 09:46 AM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 28
offline
Problem Sleuth
Problem Sleuth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

(whether players use second or third person is totally optional. If you play in the second, put your character’s name at the top of your post.)

HBK (Like this, in bold)



>PREDICAMENT SHAMUS

You are now HBK. You are the great grandson of an infamous criminal who once wrought tyranny upon the world and tried to rule it for himself. Long story short, DMK was defeated by a hardboiled detective and his gang of losers in the most astronomically ridiculous battle known to mankind. Now it is your turn to walk in that brave detective’s footsteps and perform a feat of such Heroism that your family’s name will be washed clean of the blood spilled by the aforementioned criminal.

Unfortunately, you cannot get out of your room for some reason. Somehow this feels like it’s happened before. What will you do?

>HBK: Find key to door.

Your door doesn’t have a keyhole. It’s not even locked because you can easily turn the knob. Something must be blocking it from the other side.

>Take a time out to admire signed baseball card.

You pull out your favorite signed baseball card. It’s a card depicting your favorite baseball guy, and is signed by said guy too. You never part with this card, wherever you go.

>Beat door with bat.

You don’t have a bat.

>Find heavy object with which to force open the door.

Isn’t it easier to just beat it with your bat? You take a good swing, and the door shakes with a heavy thud. It doesn’t seem to budge, though. Your vim rating isn’t high enough to deal much damage yourself.

>Be someone else.


__________________

Edited 04-19-2015 09:46 AM by Problem Sleuth
[Reply] #2
04-19-2015 09:58 AM
Joined: 05-06-2014
Posts: 498
offline
Ene
Ene
Regular
Rep: 23

Ike was sitting in his sweet lego castle because he had enough legos to build a castle for a teenager to sit in. He had made it when he was five and slept in it ever since. Ike lowers the lego drawbridge and walks out of his castle. Something feels missing as a warm breeze blew across Ike’s lower regions.

> Find Clothes

Of course! A good hero always has to be dressed for the job! And so Ike found his red cloak, blue coat, and gray sweats and equipped them, in addition to the black bandanna underneath his ocean blue hair. He grabbed his legit metal orange-bladed longsword and strapped it to his back, then approached the door. It was locked. Ike took a good look at the door.

> Apply Sword to Door

The door is promptly chopped apart as our hero made his way towards the downstairs, ready to go meet the world...and maybe even other people!


__________________

[Reply] #3
04-19-2015 10:07 AM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 28
offline
Problem Sleuth
Problem Sleuth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

Ike

You are suddenly reproached by your mother, who needs you to do some chores before you leave the house. That list in her hand looks pretty long. She says she needs someone with a decent vim rating and a bit of pulchritude to complete the task, and her vim is kinda low.


__________________

[Reply] #4
04-19-2015 10:26 AM
Joined: 05-23-2013
Posts: 10,693
offline
Hanbei
Hanbei
~Falling Headfirst into Hell~
Rep: 56

Ike, whom is a hero to all hus friends, even his mother, used one of his infinite fucks to help his mother.

> Do Chores

Chores have been done! Ike feels good about having helped his mother.

[Reply] #5
04-19-2015 10:51 AM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 28
offline
Problem Sleuth
Problem Sleuth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

Ike

Congratulations! You have been raised to a level 2 Hero of Goodness. Your Moral Affiligage tilts slightly more to the right.

You gain 3 Pulchritude.
You gain 7 Vim.
You gain 30 Brownie Points.

(Tip: Brownie Points can be exchanged at any time for freshly baked BROWNIES which can temporarily boost Imagination levels due to high sugar value, as well as Vim, however slightly.)

You gain 1 Gold Key from defeating the basement’s Rat Boss. It’s all slimy! You might find a use for it later.


__________________

Edited 04-19-2015 10:57 AM by Problem Sleuth
[Reply] #6
04-19-2015 02:17 PM
Joined: 05-23-2013
Posts: 10,693
offline
Hanbei
Hanbei
~Falling Headfirst into Hell~
Rep: 56

Ike pockets the key and finally manages to get outside, ready to make friends.

[Reply] #7
04-19-2015 02:52 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 28
offline
Problem Sleuth
Problem Sleuth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

HBK

>Look out window.

It looks like a pretty nice day outside. You unlock your window and open it, letting the fresh breeze pour in. You see some kids walking about, and one with blue hair and a sword walks out of his house. In fact, he looks pretty heroic if you would say so yourself. He just glows with Pulchritude. You call out to him. Maybe he can help get you out of your room.


__________________

[Reply] #8
04-19-2015 02:55 PM
Joined: 05-23-2013
Posts: 10,693
offline
Hanbei
Hanbei
~Falling Headfirst into Hell~
Rep: 56

> Notice you’re beibg watched.

Ike looked around curiously to see who was watching him. He then hears the shout and tries to get up there.

> Use Aether

Ike used Aether to jump up to the upper floor of the house to see the problem.

Edited 04-19-2015 02:57 PM by Hanbei
[Reply] #9
04-19-2015 03:04 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 28
offline
Problem Sleuth
Problem Sleuth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

HBK

Holy shit, did that guy just jump on your house? What is he, a DLC character? You explain that you are on a quest but can’t seem to get out of the room as something is blocking the door. You tried your bat, yet don’t have enough Vim to budge it. You ask what you should do.


__________________

Edited 04-19-2015 03:04 PM by Problem Sleuth
[Reply] #10
04-19-2015 03:19 PM
Joined: 05-23-2013
Posts: 10,693
offline
Hanbei
Hanbei
~Falling Headfirst into Hell~
Rep: 56

Ike suggests breaking the door down.

[Reply] #11
04-19-2015 03:27 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 28
offline
Problem Sleuth
Problem Sleuth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

HBK

You tell him again that you already tried it with your bat and there’s something probably blocking the door. You tell him to give it a try if he doesn’t believe you.


__________________

[Reply] #12
04-19-2015 03:41 PM
Joined: 11-02-2013
Posts: 6,481
offline
Butt Stallion
Butt Stallion
Booty hunter
Rep: 68

Spencer

You get up for another day of being a badass vampire.
>Open door

Oh, no! Good thing you noticed your door handle is all slimy before you grabbed it. You could have gotten ebola or slipped on it and cracked your head on it or something equally dumb.

>Vampire through door.

It’s a well-known fact that vampires can escape through any measly crack in a wall, and you try it out. Unfotunately, your head is way too big to fit. How’d Dracula pull it off, anyway?

>Use a different vampire power

You decide to do something a little more rational. You find a box of tissues near your emergency KFC bucket and telekinetically pick it up, move it to the door handle, and wipe it off.

>Go through door

Aaand now it’s locked.

>Vampire through window

You grab one of your pet rocks and throw it through your bedroom windows, then crawl out of the hole you made.

>Talk to other guy on your neighbor’s roof

You yell out a greeting at the blue-haired dude packing a greatsword.


__________________

[Reply] #13
04-19-2015 05:46 PM
TBD
Guest

> Break door open

Ike decided the only possible solution was to brute force the door, which he promptly did, first by stabbing the sword into the roof for safekeeping, then running forwards with his elbow out and smashed into the door to bus it open.

[Reply] #14
04-19-2015 07:27 PM
Problem Harime Nui Sleuth Orihara
Guest

HBK

Thanks to Ike’s insane Vim, he is able to force the door open, but that in turn pushes something heavy through the opposite wall. It falls and crashes through the floor downstairs, making a loud “BANG” as it hits the concrete floor below. It seems it also struck a vital pipe in your plumbing system, causing the basement to start flooding. Oh dear. There is screaming coming from downstairs. Looks like Dad was down there when the thing crashed,and he is not happy about the flood.

(Zeed I finished your fic, gonna send it once I finish my laundry.)

[Reply] #15
04-19-2015 08:08 PM
Zeedleston
Guest

Problem Harime Nui Sleuth Orihara wrote: HBK

Thanks to Ike’s insane Vim, he is able to force the door open, but that in turn pushes something heavy through the opposite wall. It falls and crashes through the floor downstairs, making a loud “BANG” as it hits the concrete floor below. It seems it also struck a vital pipe in your plumbing system, causing the basement to start flooding. Oh dear. There is screaming coming from downstairs. Looks like Dad was down there when the thing crashed,and he is not happy about the flood.

(Zeed I finished your fic, gonna send it once I finish my laundry.)

(Send it on TBD or on Skype)

[Reply] #16
04-19-2015 10:17 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 12
offline
Pickle Inspector
Pickle Inspector
Wannabe
Rep: 0

(Respond to Butt Stallion lol)


__________________

[Reply] #17
04-19-2015 10:22 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 69
offline
Marth
Marth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

(I’m inside your room, therefore I did not hear him though. Especially over the crashing.)

Ike seemed to be rather alarmed. He looked to his accomplice for a solution.


__________________

[Reply] #18
04-19-2015 10:47 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 12
offline
Pickle Inspector
Pickle Inspector
Wannabe
Rep: 0

HBK

You have no idea what to do now. Dad is coming upstairs and you didn’t even do anything. You quickly eat some BROWNIES stored up from a previous task that used up your last amount of fucks and gain a quick boost in Imagination as well as a little bit of Vim. As the water level grows, you decide to add a floor to the house and a watertight scuttle leading up to it. You quickly climb the ladder and urge Ike to do so quickly so you can shut the valve and keep Dad from getting to the two of you.


__________________

[Reply] #19
04-19-2015 10:51 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 69
offline
Marth
Marth
Wannabe
Rep: 0

Ike nodded, hurriedly running up after HBK and kicking over the ladder out the window when he did, closing the hatch behind him and running after HBK. Hopefully his weight won’t shatter the thin wood, as his strong figure weighed quite alot.


__________________

[Reply] #20
04-19-2015 11:05 PM
Joined: 04-19-2015
Posts: 12
offline
Pickle Inspector
Pickle Inspector
Wannabe
Rep: 0

HBK

You shut the valve as soon as Ike gets up and wipe your brow in relief. But then it dawns on you that you just trapped your dad in a flooding building. You give him gills so he can breathe down there. You probably won’t be returning home for a while. It’s a good thing mom is out shopping right now.

You turn to Ike and ask him his name. Of course you’re not going to metagame right now. He didn’t even tell you yet. You tell him your name is HBK.


__________________

[1] 2 3 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, Hanbei, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact