Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Why would God make such an Atrocious Universe???

<< First < Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #61
01-19-2013 10:00 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

----


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

Edited 01-19-2013 10:04 PM by R3
[Reply] #62
01-19-2013 10:03 PM
Joined: 12-18-2008
Posts: 20,179
offline
Zack.
Zack.
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 226

superfreshbiltz. wrote: You do know that there are scientists who doubt macroevolution is a fact? And that some of them aren’t Christians or Theists? It’s not as black and white as you’re trying to paint it. Why? Because the origins of man wasn’t observed, and observation is quite important. So we start off making assumptions, which are usually shaky.



Yes, I know that not everybody who is skeptical of evolution is necessarily Christian. I never said they were. All I said is that most Christians who are, are of the Young-Earth variety, as evolution doesn’t fit with their rendition of how humankind came to be.

I didn’t imply it was pants-on-head retarded. It’s just the incredible amounts of mental gymnastics used in avoiding the fact that macroevolution has its holes and people don’t see it, is astounding. I even used to buy into it.



My apologies, then. I thought that was where you were going with your comment to El Matador. I’ve seen quite a few e-Christians claim that evolution was so obviously incorrect, which is what I thought you were doing.

There’s plenty of things about evolution that haven’t been ironed out, but that doesn’t discredit it. We can see that in a lot of scientific theories. A big one is gravity, and where it fits in the quantum scenario.

The Level 50 Dungeon Keeper wrote: Isn’t that kinda what the Mormon’s believe?



I have no idea.

Edited 01-19-2013 10:03 PM by Zack.
[Reply] #63
01-19-2013 10:03 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

I’m on my phone so il give you a better reply later but in the mean time..look up a Platypus. Defintion of Macroevolution.


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #64
01-19-2013 10:07 PM
Joined: 06-28-2011
Posts: 11,252
offline
Ke Ke
Ke Ke
Repeat that!
Rep: 164

Nyx wrote: Typical christian. Can’t argue with him on an intellectual level so you resort to ad hominems. How predictable.



Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edited 01-19-2013 10:10 PM by Ke Ke
[Reply] #65
01-19-2013 10:42 PM
superfreshbiltz.
Guest

Sir Isaac Newton wrote:

superfreshbiltz. wrote:

I didn’t imply it was pants-on-head retarded. It’s just the incredible amounts of mental gymnastics used in avoiding the fact that macroevolution has its holes and people don’t see it, is astounding. I even used to buy into it.


I agree that people should question every law,theory, or model only by fixing them can we progress. So cheers to that but I want to hear why you think evolution is wrong.



I just posted an article to Zack Fair’s response: it’s about foraminifera, and that gives a good example of a hole in evolution.

Also, the intricacies of DNA (just DNA alone, I’m not talking about billions of other intricacies) which makes evolution mathematically impossible, evolution clashing with what we know about entropy, the fossil records going against evolution, regressive evolution, etc.

That’s as far as I’ll delve into this.

[Reply] #66
01-19-2013 10:48 PM
superfreshbiltz.
Guest

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html

If you want a tl;dr version, click the “Main Points PDF”. Notice the several scientists that are skeptical about evolution, on the bottom pages.

[Reply] #67
01-20-2013 09:06 AM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

superfreshbiltz. wrote: I just posted an article to Zack Fair’s response: it’s about foraminifera, and that gives a good example of a hole in evolution.

Also, the intricacies of DNA (just DNA alone, I’m not talking about billions of other intricacies) which makes evolution mathematically impossible, evolution clashing with what we know about entropy, the fossil records going against evolution, regressive evolution, etc.

That’s as far as I’ll delve into this.



No, first off you seem to be confused with what you’re talking about. Just because a species adapted differently to an environment and didn’t Macro Evolve into a new Genus, doesn’t mean anything. We have roughly around 4,000 species of Foraminifera living today..

How is DNA mathematically impossible? I can’t wait for your response.

The Fossil records going against Evolution?!!?? WHAT!! Are you serious?? There hasn’t been A TRACE of a FOSSIL that goes against the phylogenetic tree of life. ..Or are you talking about MISTAKES made?? Because we are human, we make mistakes..we also correct them wink.




---

superfreshbiltz. wrote: You do know that there are scientists who doubt macroevolution is a fact? And that some of them aren&#146;t Christians or Theists? It&#146;s not as black and white as you&#146;re trying to paint it. Why? Because the origins of man wasn&#146;t observed, and observation is quite important. So we start off making assumptions, which are usually shaky.



First off, you can literally go to the zoo and see an example of Macro Evolution, aka..The Platypus. If you “believe” in Micro Evolution..you have to “believe” in Macro Evolution. The only difference is time that it takes and because we only live for a Century (give or take)..it is extremely hard to see Macro Evolution in its full forms. But..if you have bred dogs or understand what “House Dogs” even are (Domesticated Wolves that we Selectively bred)..you would understand that you can’t really “Not” believe in it. Go ahead and selectively breed a bunch of frogs (only ones with longer legs or spots etc..)..soon within 20 years or so you will have a new breed of frogs &c.

superfreshbiltz wrote: As for the young earth part, specific information (6000 years old) like that can&#146;t be found in the Bible, so we don&#146;t know. People have calculated the age, but it&#146;s not all too reliable. They may not be right about the age, but they are right about the flaws of macroevolution.



This is a completely ridiculous comment, actually your whole comment is ridiculous..

Scientists have MANY ways of examining the earths age, we do this through many processes. Paleontologists, Geologists and Anthropologists use tons of dating methods like Carbon-14, Relative Dating, Stratigraphic Dating, Radiometric dating (my favourite, look up Uranium -238 half life), K/Ar Dating (Potassium 40 -> Argon 40), Fluorine Analysis &c. They usually use ALL the dating methods (if possible) to come to a conclusion on the age of the Earth. If they ALL didn’t point in the exact same range of the Earth..yes, okay..we still wouldn’t know. But we litteraly have Elements with half lifes of 4.5 billion years on Earth (Uranium 238). I don’t quite understand what you are preaching??



This should be an interesting article to read: http://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/01/foraminifera_pe068391.html



I know I already addressed this but whats your point?


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

Edited 01-20-2013 09:13 AM by R3
[Reply] #68
01-20-2013 09:12 AM
Joined: 01-31-2008
Posts: 55,431
offline
Xehanort the Younger
Xehanort the Younger
Not the bald one
Rep: 344

It’s amazing how it’s mathematically impossible yet nearly 100% of scientists who have actual credentials still say evolution is the best model for it. Are there things in evolution that have not been fully fleshed out? Sure. But there is 150 years of evidence that have not been refuted by anyone so far.

Evolution is backed up by dna,fossil evidence, and the fact our modern medicine is based off it should tell you something.

[Reply] #69
01-20-2013 09:17 AM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

superfreshbiltz. wrote: and that gives a good example of a hole in evolution.




__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #70
01-20-2013 09:28 AM
Joined: 06-27-2010
Posts: 23,315
offline
The Sisko
The Sisko
The Emissary
Rep: 195

Sekundes wrote: It’s amazing how it’s mathematically impossible yet nearly 100% of scientists who have actual credentials still say evolution is the best model for it. Are there things in evolution that have not been fully fleshed out? Sure. But there is 150 years of evidence that have not been refuted by anyone so far.

Evolution is backed up by dna,fossil evidence, and the fact our modern medicine is based off it should tell you something.



don’t forget about how some elements have a half life that literally stretch over the course of billions of years grin.

but the main point here is that out of all theories pointing to the origin of man, evolution is the strongest, most well built theory out there with the strongest and most plentiful quality information, research and evidence available. genetic similarities between creatures like us and Chimps, fossils showing ancient ancestors, and all these point to evolution being correct.

the whole problem with the whole “young -earth” creationist deal is lack of evidence, lack of research, lack of basically everything that would even make something a theory, much less fact. it is completely unacceptable by the standards of modern science.


__________________



Edited 01-20-2013 09:29 AM by The Sisko
[Reply] #71
01-20-2013 10:27 AM
Joined: 08-09-2011
Posts: 2,252
offline
Its Over
Its Over
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 76

I get what the op is saying. God wanted us to be so PERFECT. I mean it’s not like he would send us to the Earth as a test to see if we earned the right to heaven with so many ways to make it seem like God isn’t real. lol naw.

[Reply] #72
01-20-2013 11:14 AM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

Ghost... wrote: I get what the op is saying. God wanted us to be so PERFECT. I mean it’s not like he would send us to the Earth as a test to see if we earned the right to heaven with so many ways to make it seem like God isn’t real. lol naw.



Yea thats why we were made stupid wink. And..every other animal (which are called beasts and don’t get to go to Heaven).


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #73
01-20-2013 11:23 AM
Joined: 03-10-2012
Posts: 14,739
offline
gojira4life
gojira4life
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 121

Perhaps we were given the universe by God to not simply explore but to play with it or build in it as much as we like.
Like a parent giving his kids a whole room with toys and saying “make a huge town and play in it”

[Reply] #74
01-21-2013 08:17 AM
xlab3000
Guest

R34L1TY wrote: You look into space from Earth and you see the beautiful stars at night (that have probably died), you’re in awe looking at a beautiful blossomed rose and so amazed at how incredibly amazing Humans are and how stupid other animals are..and maybe you think, “wow..this had to be created!“ HOLD ON.

Humans
Lets Examine Human life first (lets not even get into penis like vaginas in hyenas or wings on flightless birds or the femur and pelvis in whales or eyes in subterranean animals that are never exposed to light or why plants are green and not black as they would absorb more light &c.), if we breathe in these tasteless/odorless gases; CO4, CO2, CH4.. WE’RE DEAD. Most of the Oxygen we breathe..we breathe out :blink:? (also the notoriously inefficient enzyme RuBisCO), The pharynx (a passage used for both ingestion and respiration which lead to many of us choking every year), we lack the enzyme L-gulonolactone oxidase (Vitamin C production..which is found in the majority of living organisms). All the Cancers and Unknown Birth Defects (far too long to list), Vision loss (we are also blind to the majority of the Electromagnetic Spectrum..including Ionizing Radiation), We’re comatose for more than 40% of our lives, the orgasm in females is usually stimulated by the clitoris (which is not typically stimulated during direct intercourse) the malformation of the human spine, We have body parts that have no usage (quite a few to name but il just use Appendix and Molars as an example..other primates actually have the jaw structure to use the third row of molars while we do not), we have to eat constantly, we have skin that painfully burns when exposed to the Sun rays (A Sun that also blinds you when you look at it), Knee Joints that bend only one way, barely used muscles like the plantaris muscle of the foot, the temporary presence of a tail in human fetuses, The majority of our brain we can’t use (and forget the majority of what we learn), Laryngeal Nerve (which loops around the aortic arc) and the long neural pathway that takes photic information from the eyes to the pineal gland (but goes to the Thoracic Spinal Cord instead of just connecting the Paraventricular Nucleus to the Pineal Gland &c.);

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/20r5i10.png[/img][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/alni84.png[/img]

Earth
It took more than 3.5billion years to create multicellular life, 99.999% of life that ever lived is Extinct, Tsunami’s, Volcanoes & Earthquakes that kill thousands upon thousands a year (recently the Tsunami in Japan that killed 20,000), we can’t live on 3/4 of the Earth, Uhmm..Tornadoes/Hurricanes/Lightning, Asteroides, Climate Shift, Pole shift hypothesis, Inner solar systems a shooting galaxy, sink holes.. we can starve or freeze on the majority of Earth &c.

[img]http://endtimesrevelations.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/natural-disasters4.jpg[/img]


Universe
Heat/ Cosmic Radiation/Cold (A giant Microwave Oven..so to speak) in the majority of the Universe (we cannot survive), Galaxy Orbits bring you near a Supernova (That will wipe out our Ozone layers and kill all), Star Formation is completely inefficient, Gamma Ray Bursts, that “beautiful shooting star” is really just a Meteoroid burning the Earths Atmosphere, Black Holes, Galactic Cannibalism (when a Galaxy Eats another Galaxy), A Vacuum Metastability Event (From my Junior Understanding of Quantum Physics; We may Exist in a false vaccuum state that in which has a an energy level too low for more than temporary maintenance. Any given moment it could call it quits and succumb to the added pressures and be replaced by energy levels much higher), One-way Universe will wind down to Oblivion & that the majority of orbits are unstable &c..



he didn’t create an atrocious universe
God is good proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAuwvm0xvWs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eio3BXzIUEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIoRk3mMudQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxbK7bRabQ

[Reply] #75
01-21-2013 07:09 PM
Joined: 07-25-2011
Posts: 4,393
offline
Abel Nightroad
Abel Nightroad
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 71

LOL at people trying to understand the mind of a god

you head would explode at the very concept


__________________

Edited 01-21-2013 07:10 PM by Abel Nightroad
[Reply] #76
01-21-2013 09:24 PM
Joined: 08-29-2011
Posts: 11,084
offline
Snap.
Snap.
I will eat your soul, Raza
Rep: 200

Abel Nightroad wrote: LOL at people trying to understand the mind of a god

you head would explode at the very concept



If you had 400 pieces of chocolate and ate it all, what you have left- the amount of chocolate, that is- is God’s mind- It does not exist, nor does God itself.

Well, you’d also have Diabetes too. Stop eating so much chocolate.


__________________

ProGamer13 wrote: If I was autistic...would I be here right now?

[Reply] #77
01-21-2013 10:56 PM
Joined: 08-15-2010
Posts: 5,535
offline
Kid Esco
Kid Esco
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 83

That’s the thing though. If there is a being that is responsible for all of creation, no one would even begin to understand the mystery of this being.

If it has all the answers and we don’t, what do we look like questioning it?


__________________


Life’s a Bitch, but God forbid the bitch divorce me
I’ll be flooded with ice so hellfire can’t scorch me

Edited 01-21-2013 10:56 PM by Kid Esco
[Reply] #78
01-21-2013 11:12 PM
Joined: 01-31-2008
Posts: 55,431
offline
Xehanort the Younger
Xehanort the Younger
Not the bald one
Rep: 344

Abel Nightroad wrote: LOL at people trying to understand the mind of a god

you head would explode at the very concept


My mind is just fine and

[Reply] #79
03-30-2013 08:05 AM
Joined: 08-09-2012
Posts: 4,142
offline
Nefarious
Nefarious
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 73

R34L1TY wrote:

superfreshbiltz. wrote: and that gives a good example of a hole in evolution.





lol!


__________________

[Reply] #80
03-30-2013 06:46 PM
Joined: 01-12-2013
Posts: 36,111
offline
Demi
Demi
Damnit bobby.
Rep: 209

Because this thing is running it.

Why would God make such an Atrocious Universe???

<< First < Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Raziel, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact