Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Why would God make such an Atrocious Universe???

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #21
01-19-2013 02:46 PM
Joined: 01-31-2008
Posts: 55,431
offline
Xehanort the Younger
Xehanort the Younger
Not the bald one
Rep: 344

Paarthurnax aka Tom Baker wrote: There’s no evidence that disproves the existence of God.


Can you prove there is not an invisible ghost rubbing his balls on your forehead?

[Reply] #22
01-19-2013 02:50 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

Ranking wrote: You should start asking better questions.

Like, “why are my muscles so small?"

“Why am I still a virgin?"

“Why is my IQ so low?"

There you go, I got you started. Now keep making progress 'bud.



Last pic I took a year ago;
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/avatar/f-u-t-u-r-e-7355.jpg

Girlfriend of 2 1/2 years.
http://i49.tinypic.com/15wjrth.png

Going for my Ph.D in either Zoology or Genetics (haven’t decided yet).


I assume you have nothing of intellectual substance to add to this thread..so you can either entertain me with showing what you have to bring to the court (which I really hope that you didn’t happen to lose your camera) or you can shut the fuck up and enjoy the thread wink.


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

Edited 01-19-2013 02:59 PM by R3
[Reply] #23
01-19-2013 02:52 PM
Joined: 05-13-2012
Posts: 6,279
offline
Rabum Alal
Rabum Alal
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 88

Sekundes wrote:

Paarthurnax aka Tom Baker wrote: There’s no evidence that disproves the existence of God.


Can you prove there is not an invisible ghost rubbing his balls on your forehead?

Heh.

[Reply] #24
01-19-2013 02:54 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

Paarthurnax aka Tom Baker wrote: There’s no evidence that disproves the existence of God.



This is true. These are completely different topics.

From the likes of things..either God is an extremely incompetent engineer or works in extremely mysterious ways or he is non existent.

There is no evidence that disproves of the The Flying Spaghetti Monster either wink. Actually..that is a more realistic scenario than the latter.


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #25
01-19-2013 02:55 PM
Joined: 10-23-2012
Posts: 580
offline
Ganbatty
Ganbatty
Regular
Rep: 49

Ugly

[Reply] #26
01-19-2013 03:01 PM
Joined: 06-28-2011
Posts: 11,252
offline
Ke Ke
Ke Ke
Repeat that!
Rep: 164

Hahahaha.

That’s one post faggots.

ONE POST.

Get at me.

[Reply] #27
01-19-2013 03:03 PM
Joined: 03-16-2012
Posts: 1,563
offline
Suzunami Zanji
Suzunami Zanji
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 29

Agnostic look on the whole God thing.


__________________

Even though one is dumped, no matter how one shows his misfortune and seeks kindness, the world doesn’t give a damn about it
-Harima Kenji

[Reply] #28
01-19-2013 05:46 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

Suzunami Zanji wrote: Agnostic look on the whole God thing.



Put simply, yes.

I am putting forward information that a lot of people are just not aware of. A lot of people look at us and everything and think “wow..what a great job God did” but ..its just not true. It truly doesn’t make sense to be a creationist.

It also doesn’t make sense to not believe in Evolution, because for not “believing” you are just not understanding it. Its so active in everything we do and consume that its really quite silly to be appose to it.


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #29
01-19-2013 06:00 PM
Joined: 10-23-2012
Posts: 580
offline
Ganbatty
Ganbatty
Regular
Rep: 49

god make earth trees woman and animals

[Reply] #30
01-19-2013 06:01 PM
El Matadors
Guest

R34L1TY wrote:

Suzunami Zanji wrote: Agnostic look on the whole God thing.



Put simply, yes.

I am putting forward information that a lot of people are just not aware of. A lot of people look at us and everything and think “wow..what a great job God did” but ..its just not true. It truly doesn’t make sense to be a creationist.

It also doesn’t make sense to not accept Evolution, because for not “accepting” you are just not understanding it or choose to live in ignorance. Its so active in everything we do and consume that its really quite silly to be appose to it.


Fixed it for you a little.
Evolution is a pretty solid theory, and does not require believe but date and facts that’s the beauty of science.

[Reply] #31
01-19-2013 06:15 PM
superfreshbiltz.
Guest

El Matadors wrote:

R34L1TY wrote:

Suzunami Zanji wrote: Agnostic look on the whole God thing.



Put simply, yes.

I am putting forward information that a lot of people are just not aware of. A lot of people look at us and everything and think “wow..what a great job God did” but ..its just not true. It truly doesn’t make sense to be a creationist.

It also doesn’t make sense to not accept Evolution, because for not “accepting” you are just not understanding it or choose to live in ignorance. Its so active in everything we do and consume that its really quite silly to be appose to it.


Fixed it for you a little.
Evolution is a pretty solid theory, and does not require believe but date and facts that’s the beauty of science.



????

You’re kidding me?

[Reply] #32
01-19-2013 06:23 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

superfreshbiltz. wrote:

El Matadors wrote: Evolution is a pretty solid theory, and does not require believe but date and facts that’s the beauty of science.



????

You’re kidding me?



I don’t get it?


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #33
01-19-2013 06:28 PM
Joined: 12-18-2008
Posts: 20,179
offline
Zack.
Zack.
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 226

@superfreshbiltz,

If evolution was so full of shit that some dude on the internet could debunk it, it wouldn’t be universally considered fact amongst scientific communities and be taught in schools as fact.

Fact of the matter is, evolution makes a fuckton more sense than lol6000yearoldearth.

Just because you’re religious doesn’t mean you need to be stupid.

Edited 01-19-2013 07:32 PM by Zack.
[Reply] #34
01-19-2013 06:33 PM
Joined: 07-15-2012
Posts: 4,527
offline
Pirate Luffy
Pirate Luffy
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 91

Whales used to have Legs


__________________


Mingo shootin' bitches on sight!

[Reply] #35
01-19-2013 06:36 PM
Joined: 01-15-2009
Posts: 41,827
offline
Re Edgar..
Re Edgar..
Re-Scanning...
Rep: 229

God = Big bang = random shit(Life, space, matter, energy etc) its all random and nothing more, But obviously it was put into order, but with no reason but to repeat and start again.


__________________

[Reply] #36
01-19-2013 06:42 PM
Joined: 04-24-2010
Posts: 5,567
offline
tfw you log in after multiple years
tfw you log in after multiple years
I hope senpai will notice me!
Rep: 117

The only logical senerio to this question is god is that most successful troll ever. Or it dosen’t exist.


__________________


It’s like the evangelion of...nevermind.

[Reply] #37
01-19-2013 06:44 PM
Joined: 03-10-2012
Posts: 14,739
offline
gojira4life
gojira4life
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 121

Ganbatty wrote: god make earth trees woman and animals



How about men?

[Reply] #38
01-19-2013 06:48 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

Edgar.... wrote: God = Big bang = random shit(Life, space, matter, energy etc) its all random and nothing more, But obviously it was put into order, but with no reason but to repeat and start again.



Here is the problem with that.

First we need to figure out how the Big Bang happened, God? Okay..sure. But how did God happen?

By using this logic, you are making it MUCH harder than it has to be because you are adding in another factor (one in which I don’t think we are smart enough to even begin to understand).

This is why I don’t see how a God is useful in explaining things, because you cant use Science and Evidence. You have to become Philosophical which makes everything harder to understand, less appreciable and generally speaking..is not logical at all. Now when talking about the Big Bang..again, just because our words don’t necessarily make sense when we say “Something came from Nothing” doesn’t mean that we should cower and say “Must be a God." We are getting there, slowly..but surely.

If for now, you want to use a God to explain things..thats fine. But in the process keep your mind open and look at life from different perspectives.


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

Edited 01-19-2013 06:51 PM by R3
[Reply] #39
01-19-2013 06:53 PM
Joined: 01-15-2009
Posts: 41,827
offline
Re Edgar..
Re Edgar..
Re-Scanning...
Rep: 229

R34L1TY wrote:

Edgar.... wrote: God = Big bang = random shit(Life, space, matter, energy etc) its all random and nothing more, But obviously it was put into order, but with no reason but to repeat and start again.



Here is the problem with that.

First we need to figure out how the Big Bang happened, God? Okay..sure. But how did God happen?

By using this logic, you are making it MUCH harder than it has to be because you are adding in another factor (one in which I don’t think we are smart enough to even begin to understand).

This is why I don’t see how a God is useful in explaining things, because you cant use Science and Evidence. You have to become Philosophical which makes everything harder to understand, less appreciable and generally speaking..is not logical at all. Now when talking about the Big Bang..again, just because our words don’t necessarily make sense when we say “Something came from Nothing” doesn’t mean that we should cower and say “Must be a God." We are getting there, slowly..but surely.

If for now, you want to use a God to explain things..thats fine. But in the process keep your mind open and look at life from different perspectives.

I meant...God is/was the big bang..Don’t we sort of already know what started that?


__________________

[Reply] #40
01-19-2013 06:53 PM
Nyx
Guest

Ranking wrote: You should start asking better questions.

Like, “why are my muscles so small?"

“Why am I still a virgin?"

“Why is my IQ so low?"

There you go, I got you started. Now keep making progress 'bud.



Typical christian. Can’t argue with him on an intellectual level so you resort to ad hominems. How predictable.

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Raziel, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact