Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Why would God make such an Atrocious Universe???

[1] 2 3 4 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #1
01-19-2013 01:41 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

You look into space from Earth and you see the beautiful stars at night (that have probably died), you’re in awe looking at a beautiful blossomed rose and so amazed at how incredibly amazing Humans are and how stupid other animals are..and maybe you think, “wow..this had to be created!“ HOLD ON.

Humans
Lets Examine Human life first (lets not even get into penis like vaginas in hyenas or wings on flightless birds or the femur and pelvis in whales or eyes in subterranean animals that are never exposed to light or why plants are green and not black as they would absorb more light &c.), if we breathe in these tasteless/odorless gases; CO4, CO2, CH4.. WE’RE DEAD. Most of the Oxygen we breathe..we breathe out :blink:? (also the notoriously inefficient enzyme RuBisCO), The pharynx (a passage used for both ingestion and respiration which lead to many of us choking every year), we lack the enzyme L-gulonolactone oxidase (Vitamin C production..which is found in the majority of living organisms). All the Cancers and Unknown Birth Defects (far too long to list), Vision loss (we are also blind to the majority of the Electromagnetic Spectrum..including Ionizing Radiation), We’re comatose for more than 40% of our lives, the orgasm in females is usually stimulated by the clitoris (which is not typically stimulated during direct intercourse) the malformation of the human spine, We have body parts that have no usage (quite a few to name but il just use Appendix and Molars as an example..other primates actually have the jaw structure to use the third row of molars while we do not), we have to eat constantly, we have skin that painfully burns when exposed to the Sun rays (A Sun that also blinds you when you look at it), Knee Joints that bend only one way, barely used muscles like the plantaris muscle of the foot, the temporary presence of a tail in human fetuses, The majority of our brain we can’t use (and forget the majority of what we learn), Laryngeal Nerve (which loops around the aortic arc) and the long neural pathway that takes photic information from the eyes to the pineal gland (but goes to the Thoracic Spinal Cord instead of just connecting the Paraventricular Nucleus to the Pineal Gland &c.);



Earth
It took more than 3.5billion years to create multicellular life, 99.999% of life that ever lived is Extinct, Tsunami’s, Volcanoes & Earthquakes that kill thousands upon thousands a year (recently the Tsunami in Japan that killed 20,000), we can’t live on 3/4 of the Earth, Uhmm..Tornadoes/Hurricanes/Lightning, Asteroides, Climate Shift, Pole shift hypothesis, Inner solar systems a shooting galaxy, sink holes.. we can starve or freeze on the majority of Earth &c.




Universe
Heat/ Cosmic Radiation/Cold (A giant Microwave Oven..so to speak) in the majority of the Universe (we cannot survive), Galaxy Orbits bring you near a Supernova (That will wipe out our Ozone layers and kill all), Star Formation is completely inefficient, Gamma Ray Bursts, that “beautiful shooting star” is really just a Meteoroid burning the Earths Atmosphere, Black Holes, Galactic Cannibalism (when a Galaxy Eats another Galaxy), A Vacuum Metastability Event (From my Junior Understanding of Quantum Physics; We may Exist in a false vaccuum state that in which has a an energy level too low for more than temporary maintenance. Any given moment it could call it quits and succumb to the added pressures and be replaced by energy levels much higher), One-way Universe will wind down to Oblivion & that the majority of orbits are unstable &c..


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #2
01-19-2013 01:42 PM
Joined: 06-25-2011
Posts: 13,799
offline
Rust
Rust
Bear Bowser Bare Bowser
Rep: 132

God doesnt exist.


__________________

[Reply] #3
01-19-2013 01:43 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

If you are trying to understand the logic of a god, you truly have no clue.


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

[Reply] #4
01-19-2013 01:44 PM
Joined: 05-11-2012
Posts: 4,219
offline
Mister Teal
Mister Teal
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 69

Penis-like vagina you say?


__________________

[Reply] #5
01-19-2013 01:45 PM
Joined: 05-13-2012
Posts: 6,279
offline
Rabum Alal
Rabum Alal
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 88

Hopefully a Christian can answer your question.

[Reply] #6
01-19-2013 01:45 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

The Dan Hibiki wrote: If you are trying to understand the logic of a god, you truly have no clue.



I truly do not. It is not a Scientific topic either, it is a Philosophical Topic (just as Santa, Easter Bunny, Pink Unicorn & Flying Spaghetti Monster is).

I just don’t see how people don’t see just how incompetent this god they believe in IS as an engineer.


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #7
01-19-2013 01:46 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

Mister-Teal wrote: Penis-like vagina you say?




__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #8
01-19-2013 01:53 PM
Joined: 07-24-2012
Posts: 36,151
offline
The Dan Hibiki
The Dan Hibiki
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 231

R34L1TY wrote:

The Dan Hibiki wrote: If you are trying to understand the logic of a god, you truly have no clue.



I truly do not. It is not a Scientific topic either, it is a Philosophical Topic (just as Santa, Easter Bunny, Pink Unicorn & Flying Spaghetti Monster is).

I just don’t see how people don’t see just how incompetent this god they believe in IS as an engineer.

Creating untold amounts of energy and matter from a seeming void is far from what I’d call incompetent, and don’t be under the assumption that I’m a christian.

I do believe that some untold force shaped all things, from space and time, to the system we call evolution and even emotions and concepts. I do however find it hard to believe he/she/it would go to all the trouble to create all of this and hold our hands like children.

The belief that we humans on this planet are chosen and watched specifically by the creator of all, now that’s something I don’t believe, there’s far more out there than us.


__________________

“Ayyyyyyyy”



Saint Jimmy wrote: Adults get emotional to the point where they break the rules and get banned from the forum they had 10k+ posts on.

[Reply] #9
01-19-2013 01:54 PM
Joined: 10-10-2011
Posts: 17,023
offline
The Millennium King
The Millennium King
Zeed
Rep: 215

Another day, another rant.


__________________


”“We may not see our next step
We may stumble, we may fall off the path. But we always move forward!
That is the power of man!'“

[Reply] #10
01-19-2013 01:56 PM
Joined: 09-18-2012
Posts: 16,643
offline
monster lord member
monster lord member
Hora hora~
Rep: 219


Our god.

[Reply] #11
01-19-2013 02:16 PM
Joined: 05-29-2008
Posts: 5,038
offline
R3
R3
Regular
Rep: 107

The Dan Hibiki wrote: Creating untold amounts of energy and matter from a seeming void is far from what I’d call incompetent



Doesn’t make sense, explain?


__________________

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. -William James

[Reply] #12
01-19-2013 02:20 PM
Joined: 03-10-2012
Posts: 14,739
offline
gojira4life
gojira4life
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 121

Our lord works in mysterious ways.

[Reply] #13
01-19-2013 02:25 PM
Joined: 05-13-2012
Posts: 6,279
offline
Rabum Alal
Rabum Alal
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 88

Thread’s gonna make for an interesting read later.

Edited 01-19-2013 02:25 PM by Rabum Alal
[Reply] #14
01-19-2013 02:26 PM
Joined: 01-09-2013
Posts: 8,910
offline
Thugs Bunny
Thugs Bunny
Budapest
Rep: 75

So he can watch and laugh as you faggots try to understand.


__________________

1

[Reply] #15
01-19-2013 02:27 PM
GoDHatesNiggers
Guest

Cause god likes seeing monkeys swing from trees...

And by swing from trees i mean rob your ass for some shoes.

[Reply] #16
01-19-2013 02:32 PM
Ark
Guest

This thread starts under a false premise.

>Assuming god made anything.
>Assuming god actually exists despite lack of sufficient evidence.

[Reply] #17
01-19-2013 02:36 PM
Joined: 06-28-2011
Posts: 11,252
offline
Ke Ke
Ke Ke
Repeat that!
Rep: 164

You should start asking better questions.

Like, “why are my muscles so small?"

“Why am I still a virgin?"

“Why is my IQ so low?"

There you go, I got you started. Now keep making progress 'bud.

[Reply] #18
01-19-2013 02:38 PM
Joined: 08-29-2011
Posts: 10,149
offline
World Dictator
World Dictator
AuroraXJoker
Rep: 128

There’s no evidence that disproves the existence of God.


__________________

“I want Selena Gomez to whip me while I’m bounded with chains."-Satanic Joker.
RIP UNCLE PHIL AND ROBIN WILLIAMS!!!!

Jeff Hanneman wrote:

Acrius Reborn wrote: Take a 13 Inch blade, and stick it up my ass, Take it out, then slice my throat with it, then Stab my already dead heart.


Stick it up your ass? WTF?!?!?!

[Reply] #19
01-19-2013 02:40 PM
Joined: 05-13-2012
Posts: 6,279
offline
Rabum Alal
Rabum Alal
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 88

Ark wrote: This thread starts under a false premise.

>Assuming god made anything.
>Assuming god actually exists despite lack of sufficient evidence.

He’s an atheist.

Which is why, I say it’ll be a good read later.

[Reply] #20
01-19-2013 02:42 PM
Joined: 12-18-2008
Posts: 20,179
offline
Zack.
Zack.
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 226

Paarthurnax aka Tom Baker wrote: There’s no evidence that disproves the existence of God.



I’m not getting into a theological debate, but that kind of logic makes no sense.

Let’s apply it to other things.

“There’s no evidence that disproves the existence mermaids.“

“There’s no evidence that disproves the existence vampires.“

“There’s no evidence that disproves the existence of unicorns.“

“There’s no evidence that disproves the existence of Santa Claus.“

See what’s wrong with this?

All of these statements are technically true; there is no evidence that disproves the existence of anything I just listed. But that isn’t how evidence works. Evidence proves, rather than disproves.

Edited 01-19-2013 02:43 PM by Zack.

[1] 2 3 4 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Raziel, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact