Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

"Who created God?"

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #21
05-13-2015 11:31 AM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

God was created from the split between him and Piccolo from the original nameless Namek. Later on, Dende took on the mantle of God when the original Namek rejoined.

[Reply] #22
05-13-2015 11:50 AM
Joined: 04-01-2007
Posts: 20,050
offline
-Tyreaus-
-Tyreaus-
|[The Author]|
Rep: 182

Magikarp 2.0 wrote: God was created from the split between him and Piccolo from the original nameless Namek. Later on, Little Green took on the mantle of God when the original Namek rejoined.



Fix’d.


__________________

The Golden Serpent

[Reply] #23
05-13-2015 12:08 PM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

Cavemen. Bronze Age Goatherders specifically for the one you’re thinking of--but before them cavemen.


__________________

[Reply] #24
05-13-2015 12:11 PM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

“when events happen, we tend to assume that a living thing caused it." http://theconversation.com/caveman-instincts-may-explain-our-belief-in-gods-and-ghosts-26945


__________________

[Reply] #25
05-13-2015 12:31 PM
Joined: 04-02-2012
Posts: 8,702
offline
Bender Bending Rodriguez
Bender Bending Rodriguez
"I love stealing , I love taking things"
Rep: 125

She has always been


__________________

[Reply] #26
05-13-2015 12:32 PM
Joined: 02-19-2015
Posts: 2,543
offline
Thar
Thar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

God is a vague entity to question, since there are MANY religions and most of them are influenced by older base religions. As far as Christianity, my best guess would be whoever wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls, which was based off ancient Judaism.

According to my research, the oldest known representation of a deity is the Aurignatian Lion Man of the Holhenstein Stadel, sculpted around 38,000 BCE. This was about 260,000 years after prehistoric people began the act of funerary burials, which I’m assuming is the first mark of the dawn of religious belief.


__________________

[Reply] #27
05-13-2015 01:15 PM
Joined: 10-11-2014
Posts: 795
offline
Homer Jay Simpson
Homer Jay Simpson
Regular
Rep: 19

Ori wrote: Nobody you piece of shit swallowing sack of immature pile of donkey hole fucking son of a dick sucking pterodactyl cunt.

God is eternal. No beginning or end. Time doesn’t exist for him.

This


__________________

[Reply] #28
05-13-2015 01:19 PM
Ike Guy
Guest

The Monad.

[Reply] #29
05-13-2015 01:23 PM
Joined: 05-03-2014
Posts: 573
offline
Mentlegan
Mentlegan
Regular
Rep: 14

Homer Jay Simpson wrote:

Ori wrote: Nobody you piece of shit swallowing sack of immature pile of donkey hole fucking son of a dick sucking pterodactyl cunt.

God is eternal. No beginning or end. Time doesn’t exist for him.

This

Are you Christian?

[Reply] #30
05-13-2015 01:25 PM
Joined: 07-26-2014
Posts: 2,470
offline
Xennotraun
Xennotraun
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 23

Ori wrote: Nobody you piece of shit swallowing sack of immature pile of donkey hole fucking son of a dick sucking pterodactyl cunt.

God is eternal. No beginning or end. Time doesn’t exist for him.


This is the most Christian thing I’ve heard all day.


__________________

[Reply] #31
05-13-2015 01:26 PM
Joined: 02-19-2015
Posts: 2,543
offline
Thar
Thar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

Ori has a point, though. Time was invented by man.


__________________

[Reply] #32
05-13-2015 01:39 PM
Joined: 07-26-2014
Posts: 2,470
offline
Xennotraun
Xennotraun
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 23

Stone Cold Loki wrote: Ori has a point, though. Time was invented by man.


How do you know?


__________________

[Reply] #33
05-13-2015 01:46 PM
Joined: 02-19-2015
Posts: 2,543
offline
Thar
Thar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

Xennotraun wrote:

Stone Cold Loki wrote: Ori has a point, though. Time was invented by man.


How do you know?


It’s not too hard to figure out. We only know time in intervals based on the movement of the Earth. A full rotation is a day, and a full revolution around the sun is a year. If we were any closer to or further away from the sun and/or if the speed of Earth’s rotation were any faster or slower, the intervals would be different. It’s all relative, and relativity can’t be absolute to us because we don’t know what’s truly absolute in this universe, and we most likely never will.


__________________

Edited 05-13-2015 01:47 PM by Thar
[Reply] #34
05-13-2015 01:51 PM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

Humans invented geocentric measurements and quantifications of time; not time itself.


__________________

Edited 05-13-2015 01:51 PM by B.J. Titty-Banger
[Reply] #35
05-13-2015 01:56 PM
Joined: 02-19-2015
Posts: 2,543
offline
Thar
Thar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: Humans invented measurements and quantifications of time; not time itself.


Whose to say time isn’t just the consensus of those? Besides, the only way time is even significant is for scheduling and data recordings and such, all for which only humans can comprehend.


__________________

[Reply] #36
05-13-2015 01:59 PM
Joined: 11-02-2013
Posts: 6,481
offline
Butt Stallion
Butt Stallion
Booty hunter
Rep: 68

Stone Cold Loki wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: Humans invented measurements and quantifications of time; not time itself.


Whose to say time isn’t just the consensus of those? Besides, the only way time is even significant is for scheduling and data recordings and such, all for which only humans can comprehend.


Unless you’re arguing that the idea of time created time itself, you’re not even arguing with him right now.


__________________

[Reply] #37
05-13-2015 02:06 PM
Joined: 08-23-2014
Posts: 11,899
offline
RAG
RAG
Black Frank White
Rep: 81

Nobody created God

[Reply] #38
05-13-2015 02:10 PM
Nobody.
Guest

General Marcusius wrote: Nobody created God


That wasn’t my work. My friend Nothing is the true creator of God.

[Reply] #39
05-13-2015 02:13 PM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

General Marcusius wrote: Nobody created God

then something (god) came from nothing, and the ex nihilo argument for the necessary existence of god defeats itself. Hail Satan.


__________________

[Reply] #40
05-13-2015 02:16 PM
Joined: 02-19-2015
Posts: 2,543
offline
Thar
Thar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 30

Butt Stallion wrote:

Stone Cold Loki wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: Humans invented measurements and quantifications of time; not time itself.


Whose to say time isn’t just the consensus of those? Besides, the only way time is even significant is for scheduling and data recordings and such, all for which only humans can comprehend.


Unless you’re arguing that the idea of time created time itself, you’re not even arguing with him right now.


I’m just saying, people saying time is just “there” doesn’t really say anything about its absolute form. If time isn’t relative, then how else can we comprehend it?


__________________

Edited 05-13-2015 02:17 PM by Thar

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact