Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Share your beliefs *

[1] 2 3 4 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #1
01-16-2008 11:23 PM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

this topic is here so that people can share and talk about their beliefs respectfully. this is here so we can learn.

please follow these rules:

1. no arguing or fighting over whose beliefs are right

2. no bashing other beliefs or trying to make them look bad or better than others

3. no hateful comments please

4. separate the radicals from the normal followers of that belief and do not throw stereotypes around or use the radicals as an attack on that belief or use them to represent that belief

5. please do not claim your belief makes more sense or is fact, beliefs are not facts, they are just something you believe to be true. it is okay to say that to you something makes more sense or you believe it to make more sense and so on as long as if you’re not outright saying that it makes more sense then other religions or beliefs that you claim “don’t make sense” and things like that

6. these rules do not protect neonazis, the kkk, and other such things

7. learn and have fun

so lets talk smiley

Edited 01-17-2008 12:04 AM by Angelina_Jolie
[Reply] #2
01-16-2008 11:24 PM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

Christian. W00t!


__________________

[Reply] #3
01-16-2008 11:26 PM
Joined: 09-08-2007
Posts: 10,157
offline
zeta
zeta
Boy Gone Wild
Rep: 73

rebellious catholic smiley

[Reply] #4
01-16-2008 11:27 PM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

so your christian?
if so what kind of christian?
what do you find to be most important in christianity for your life?

[Reply] #5
01-16-2008 11:28 PM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

zeta_evolved wrote: rebellious catholic smiley



lol what do you rebel against in catholicism? if i read that right.

[Reply] #6
01-16-2008 11:29 PM
Joined: 09-08-2007
Posts: 10,157
offline
zeta
zeta
Boy Gone Wild
Rep: 73

Angelina_Jolie wrote:

zeta_evolved wrote: rebellious catholic smiley



lol what do you rebel against in catholicism? if i read that right.



no, I’m a baptized catholic who is against some catholic rules but at the end of the day is catholic

[Reply] #7
01-16-2008 11:30 PM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

Angelina_Jolie wrote: so your christian?
if so what kind of christian?
what do you find to be most important in christianity for your life?


Yes.
...Um... I’m my own kind of Christian.
The most important thing is... attention. And respect. And kindness. A lot of things.


__________________

[Reply] #8
01-16-2008 11:40 PM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

zeta_evolved wrote:

Angelina_Jolie wrote:

zeta_evolved wrote: rebellious catholic smiley



lol what do you rebel against in catholicism? if i read that right.



no, I’m a baptized catholic who is against some catholic rules but at the end of the day is catholic



wow, thats interesting. i see what you mean being against some rules. not everything in a religion is for everybody for better or worse so they take what fits better with them.

[Reply] #9
01-16-2008 11:41 PM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

Red_Calibur9 wrote:

Angelina_Jolie wrote: so your christian?
if so what kind of christian?
what do you find to be most important in christianity for your life?


Yes.
...Um... I’m my own kind of Christian.
The most important thing is... attention. And respect. And kindness. A lot of things.


i like that. i always thought those kinds of things were the center of Christianity and possibly other religions as well.

[Reply] #10
01-16-2008 11:44 PM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

So, wot are you, Angelina?


__________________

[Reply] #11
01-16-2008 11:47 PM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

im not sure. i think i may be an atheist. i have never really come to the conclusion of whether or not god exists and i dont think i will find out in this lifetime. when i die ill know.

[Reply] #12
01-16-2008 11:54 PM
Joined: 12-26-2007
Posts: 4,773
offline
The
The
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 72

I follow Sunni Islam, I have a strong faith in it, but I’m not devout.

If I wasn’t Muslim then I guess I would probably join one of the other Abrahamic religions, like the Christians or the Jews. They’re the ones that seem the most logical to me.

I joined because when I looked at the Quran it seemed to have the most historical and scientific accuracy, and also because I have a very great fear of Hell. Hell is very real, and it is very scary. I have great fear in Allah, yet if God is not real, then I guess I will have lost nothing.

Edited 01-17-2008 12:00 AM by The
[Reply] #13
01-16-2008 11:58 PM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

interesting. i dont know if this is an ok question to ask but what is the difference between the sunni beliefs and the shia beliefs?

[Reply] #14
01-16-2008 11:58 PM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

Sean of the Living wrote: I follow Sunni Islam, I have a strong faith in it, but I’m not devout.

If I wasn’t Muslim then I guess I would probably join one of the other Abrahamic religions, like the Christians or the Jews. They’re the ones that seem the most logical to me.

I joined because when I looked at the Quran it seemed to have the most historical and scientific accuracy, and also because I have a very great fear of Hell. Hell is very real, and it is very scary. I have great fear in Allah, yet if God is not real, then I guess I will have lost nothing.


Very true.


__________________

[Reply] #15
01-17-2008 12:02 AM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

omg rule 6 said “these rules DO protect neonazis, the kkk, and other such things”
that wouldn’t have been good. lol

[Reply] #16
01-17-2008 12:04 AM
Joined: 12-26-2007
Posts: 4,773
offline
The
The
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 72

There are many differences between Shia and Sunni, but the main difference is Shia believes that Mohhamed carried on his legacy through his bloodline, Sunni believes that those to carry on his legacy were his elected companions and who they elect as successors.

So Shia is kind of a monarch is other words, while Sunni isn’t. Although, I myself am more dedicated to Islam as a whole than to my sect.

Edited 01-17-2008 12:08 AM by The
[Reply] #17
01-17-2008 12:06 AM
Joined: 08-19-2007
Posts: 194
offline
Angelina_Jolie
Regular
Rep: 4

ah, i see.

sorry, i have to go now. i have things i need to do. wish i could have stayed longer more.

Edited 01-17-2008 12:08 AM by Angelina_Jolie
[Reply] #18
01-17-2008 12:10 AM
Joined: 12-26-2007
Posts: 4,773
offline
The
The
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 72

Red_Calibur9 wrote:

Sean of the Living wrote: I follow Sunni Islam, I have a strong faith in it, but I’m not devout.

If I wasn’t Muslim then I guess I would probably join one of the other Abrahamic religions, like the Christians or the Jews. They’re the ones that seem the most logical to me.

I joined because when I looked at the Quran it seemed to have the most historical and scientific accuracy, and also because I have a very great fear of Hell. Hell is very real, and it is very scary. I have great fear in Allah, yet if God is not real, then I guess I will have lost nothing.


Very true.



Do you believe in hell?

[Reply] #19
01-17-2008 12:28 AM
Joined: 12-25-2006
Posts: 9,871
offline
Maggot Face
Maggot Face
Schwarzer Regen
Rep: 66

Angelina_Jolie wrote: omg rule 6 said “these rules DO protect neonazis, the kkk, and other such things”
that wouldn’t have been good. lol



Why not?

If you want to be truly fair, you need to allow any and all beliefs to be allowed here. I’m not saying I like or advocate these beliefs, I’m just saying that if you want to truly be fair to everyone, you need to let anyone and everyone explain their beliefs.

If they can explain their beliefs without breaking any rules, then let them explain it.


__________________

[Reply] #20
01-17-2008 12:30 AM
Joined: 04-30-2007
Posts: 26,637
offline
Red_Calibur9
Red_Calibur9
So am I an admin or what?
Rep: 143

Sean of the Living wrote:

Red_Calibur9 wrote:

Sean of the Living wrote: I follow Sunni Islam, I have a strong faith in it, but I’m not devout.

If I wasn’t Muslim then I guess I would probably join one of the other Abrahamic religions, like the Christians or the Jews. They’re the ones that seem the most logical to me.

I joined because when I looked at the Quran it seemed to have the most historical and scientific accuracy, and also because I have a very great fear of Hell. Hell is very real, and it is very scary. I have great fear in Allah, yet if God is not real, then I guess I will have lost nothing.


Very true.



Do you believe in hell?


Very much.


__________________

[1] 2 3 4 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact