Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Does faith have to be necessary linked with religion?

[1] 2 3 4 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #1
10-21-2007 06:03 PM
Joined: 09-08-2007
Posts: 10,157
offline
zeta
zeta
Boy Gone Wild
Rep: 73

I have lots of faith but I’m a renegade (<my mom calls me dat) so:...:


Does faith have to be necessary linked with religion?

No,**************************************** 79%

(votes so far 11)


Yes,******** 14%

(votes so far 2)


WTF!! believe in god or u'll burn in hell!!!**** 7%

(votes so far 1)


Only registered users may vote.

[Reply] #2
10-21-2007 06:53 PM
Joined: 08-10-2005
Posts: 42,634
offline
Zucas
Agent of Chaos
Rep: 77

NO faith doesn’t have to be linked with religion. I have faith that when I die I’ll still be dead. I do not know this for a fact but its what I believe. But that isn’t part of a religion at all now is it.

[Reply] #3
10-22-2007 12:59 PM
dud8675309
Guest

dose it matter? Faith in an irrilivent and stupid consept only some one so stupid as to belive in an after life would come up with. How could any one be so stupid. I would also like to say that the admins of this site need to chill, I mean realy, I’m only saying that people who belive in god are stupid, not them. Seriously, I’m just posting what any one with half a brain is thinking, I’ll be it stupidly and pethiticly as all humans do.

[Reply] #4
10-22-2007 05:48 PM
Joined: 06-26-2005
Posts: 7,596
offline
ChaosSpartan
ChaosSpartan
Chaos of the Old Ages
Rep: 38

Faith is necessary to believe anything that can’t be physically seen. Be it Evolution, or Creation, or otherwise.


__________________

The Legend wrote: shut up John. We all know your old ass is as old as mine.

[Reply] #5
10-22-2007 08:47 PM
Joined: 08-10-2005
Posts: 42,634
offline
Zucas
Agent of Chaos
Rep: 77

Faith isn’t there for things that can’t be seen, but things that can’t be proven.

I mean I don’t mean this in a bad way but faith is what gives people to the ability to believe in something with reason and logic absent. And I seriously do mean that in the best intentions. As it makes perfect sense. If it can’t be proven then there is no reason or logic to its existence. Only thing that gives it existence is faith that it does exist.

[Reply] #6
10-23-2007 06:13 PM
Joined: 06-19-2006
Posts: 530
offline
Physics
Regular
Rep: 2

Zucas wrote: Faith isn’t there for things that can’t be seen, but things that can’t be proven.

I mean I don’t mean this in a bad way but faith is what gives people to the ability to believe in something with reason and logic absent. And I seriously do mean that in the best intentions. As it makes perfect sense. If it can’t be proven then there is no reason or logic to its existence. Only thing that gives it existence is faith that it does exist.


so you don’t need faith to believe in evolution?


__________________

Paintball gun of DEATH

[Reply] #7
10-23-2007 06:19 PM
Joined: 01-06-2006
Posts: 82,324
offline
See You Space Cowboy
See You Space Cowboy
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Rep: 401

Physics wrote:

Zucas wrote: Faith isn’t there for things that can’t be seen, but things that can’t be proven.

I mean I don’t mean this in a bad way but faith is what gives people to the ability to believe in something with reason and logic absent. And I seriously do mean that in the best intentions. As it makes perfect sense. If it can’t be proven then there is no reason or logic to its existence. Only thing that gives it existence is faith that it does exist.


so you don’t need faith to believe in evolution?



Of course you do, there’s as little scientific backing to support evolution as there is to support intelligent design.

[Reply] #8
10-23-2007 09:29 PM
Joined: 07-07-2006
Posts: 16,546
offline
ramunematt
Banned
Rep: 71

Cid wrote:

Physics wrote:

Zucas wrote: Faith isn’t there for things that can’t be seen, but things that can’t be proven.

I mean I don’t mean this in a bad way but faith is what gives people to the ability to believe in something with reason and logic absent. And I seriously do mean that in the best intentions. As it makes perfect sense. If it can’t be proven then there is no reason or logic to its existence. Only thing that gives it existence is faith that it does exist.


so you don’t need faith to believe in evolution?



Of course you do, there’s as little scientific backing to support evolution as there is to support intelligent design.



Do you live under a rock? There is overwhelming evidence that supports evolution.


__________________

You LOSE

[Reply] #9
10-23-2007 09:31 PM
Joined: 08-10-2005
Posts: 42,634
offline
Zucas
Agent of Chaos
Rep: 77

There is a hell of a lot of evidence to support evolution. Even putting it on the same level as factual evidence of intelligent design is kinda a disgrace to the idea.

[Reply] #10
10-23-2007 09:43 PM
Joined: 09-08-2007
Posts: 10,157
offline
zeta
zeta
Boy Gone Wild
Rep: 73

faith is something we all need to keep us running like
like edison if he didn’t have faith about building the bulb (<<<he failed so many times) then we’d still be using candles!!!

religion-faith-science

[Reply] #11
10-24-2007 08:09 PM
Joined: 12-25-2006
Posts: 9,871
offline
Maggot Face
Maggot Face
Schwarzer Regen
Rep: 66

Faith and religion aren’t the same thing.

Hell, theism and religion aren’t the same really.


__________________

[Reply] #12
10-25-2007 09:30 PM
Joined: 05-06-2007
Posts: 3,681
offline
Ill Be Bach
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 43

Though I am not very religeous, I personally believe that if you have been a good person, you will be going to heaven.


__________________

[Reply] #13
10-26-2007 01:22 AM
Joined: 12-20-2006
Posts: 10,801
offline
derdev789
derdev789
Black King of MVC
Rep: 69

Faith and Religion aren’t necessarily linked.

Example:
When I make the concious decision to go to sleep at night, it it because I have faith that I will wake up in the morning.

Example 2:
When I log onto my computer, I have faith that the hardware is wired correctly and it won’t explode in my hands.


__________________

The Black King of MovieCodec.

[Reply] #14
10-26-2007 01:23 AM
Joined: 09-06-2007
Posts: 2,109
offline
Dildodo
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 26

very little evidence for evolution

[Reply] #15
10-26-2007 06:57 AM
Joined: 07-07-2006
Posts: 16,546
offline
ramunematt
Banned
Rep: 71

*sigh* once again, there is overwhelming evidence that supports evolution. Why don’t you do some research next time.


__________________

You LOSE

[Reply] #16
10-26-2007 05:47 PM
Joined: 08-10-2005
Posts: 42,634
offline
Zucas
Agent of Chaos
Rep: 77

Yes ignorance seems to be very high right now. There is monumental evidence to support evolution.

[Reply] #17
10-26-2007 06:16 PM
Joined: 10-25-2007
Posts: 7
offline
TheSpareRazorCry
Entree
Rep: 0

religion should exist for the sole purpose of giving you a good standard to live your life by. When it becomes more, and attempts to forcibly control your life, it has failed and become superfluous. such religions only lead to a path of blood and chaos


__________________

Edited 10-26-2007 06:18 PM by TheSpareRazorCry
[Reply] #18
10-27-2007 10:36 AM
Joined: 06-19-2006
Posts: 530
offline
Physics
Regular
Rep: 2

ramunematt wrote:

Cid wrote:

Physics wrote:

Zucas wrote: Faith isn’t there for things that can’t be seen, but things that can’t be proven.

I mean I don’t mean this in a bad way but faith is what gives people to the ability to believe in something with reason and logic absent. And I seriously do mean that in the best intentions. As it makes perfect sense. If it can’t be proven then there is no reason or logic to its existence. Only thing that gives it existence is faith that it does exist.


so you don’t need faith to believe in evolution?



Of course you do, there’s as little scientific backing to support evolution as there is to support intelligent design.



Do you live under a rock? There is overwhelming evidence that supports evolution.


No, you CLAIM it supports evolution.


__________________

Paintball gun of DEATH

[Reply] #19
10-27-2007 05:52 PM
Joined: 07-07-2006
Posts: 16,546
offline
ramunematt
Banned
Rep: 71

Claim that what supports evolution? The evidence? Uh, yeah, that’s generally what evidence does.


__________________

You LOSE

[Reply] #20
10-27-2007 06:31 PM
Joined: 06-19-2006
Posts: 530
offline
Physics
Regular
Rep: 2

ramunematt wrote: Claim that what supports evolution? The evidence? Uh, yeah, that’s generally what evidence does.


I’d like to see this evidence.


__________________

Paintball gun of DEATH

[1] 2 3 4 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact