Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Is it rape if a man uses blackmail to get sex?

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #41
01-11-2015 01:41 PM
Joined: 04-06-2013
Posts: 10,891
offline
The Ancient Apocalypse
The Ancient Apocalypse
Dungeon Master
Rep: 114

Wolfey wrote:

King Smiley wrote: Soon it’ll be rape for a man to even think about sex.



Who told you that it isn’t?

Stop staring at women. That male gaze is rape, you reprehensible piece of shit. Did she give you permission to look at her body? No? That’s the definition of rape.



__________________

[Reply] #42
01-11-2015 01:48 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:

Les Matadorss wrote: As people already mentioned blackmailing someone for sex is sexual extortion, which has serious legal implications; which can be crime and a civil case.



Extortion isn’t rape so that doesn’t answer my question.


If you use anyway to manipulate someone for sex - which is extortion- then it is rape. And I do agree that using blackmail for sex is not only petty but rape.

And as opposed to what wolf said it is also a criminal case not only a civil one.

[Reply] #43
01-11-2015 01:49 PM
Joined: 08-07-2008
Posts: 38,094
offline
Psychopeth
Psychopeth
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 312

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:

Wolfey wrote:

King Smiley wrote: Soon it’ll be rape for a man to even think about sex.



Who told you that it isn’t?

Stop staring at women. That male gaze is rape, you reprehensible piece of shit. Did she give you permission to look at her body? No? That’s the definition of rape.




oh tumblr....


__________________

[Reply] #44
01-11-2015 01:54 PM
Joined: 04-06-2014
Posts: 11,170
offline
Shu-ulath
Shu-ulath
Nosferatu Man
Rep: 89

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:

Wolfey wrote:

King Smiley wrote: Soon it’ll be rape for a man to even think about sex.



Who told you that it isn’t?

Stop staring at women. That male gaze is rape, you reprehensible piece of shit. Did she give you permission to look at her body? No? That’s the definition of rape.



I feel so ashamed

[Reply] #45
01-11-2015 01:58 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote: Honest question that I can’t find an answer for. Is it legally rape? If so or not do you agree?


I can’t believe you would even ask such a question, is your head really that far up your ass? You honestly need to learn how to drop your hate towards women (which I’ve seen you manifested in the feminist thread, so don’t deny it) and learn the difference between sensible law and some crazy female’s opinion.

[Reply] #46
01-11-2015 02:09 PM
Joined: 11-30-2010
Posts: 36,201
offline
Wolfey
Wolfey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 211

I admit I wouldn’t really know if extortion has any bearing outside of private law at the moment, given that I haven’t touched criminal law yet, and am looking at this purely from a civil law standpoint.

However, it most certainly wouldn’t be classified as rape, at least in most US states. Would probably be a class E felony or some shit like that.

[Reply] #47
01-11-2015 02:11 PM
Joined: 04-06-2013
Posts: 10,891
offline
The Ancient Apocalypse
The Ancient Apocalypse
Dungeon Master
Rep: 114

Les Matadorss wrote:

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote: Honest question that I can’t find an answer for. Is it legally rape? If so or not do you agree?


I can’t believe you would even ask such a question, is your head really that far up your ass? You honestly need to learn how to drop your hate towards women (which I’ve seen you manifested in the feminist thread, so don’t deny it) and learn the difference between sensible law and some crazy female’s opinion.



How many times were you dropped on your head as a child? Do you even have one properly working neuron?


__________________

[Reply] #48
01-11-2015 02:22 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

I imagine you know what criminal law means, I think that should be enough.

Rape is also considered rape if the person is manipulated into sex, extortion is manipulated and sex is the end game in this scenario, so I would say you are wrong but like you said we can ask Shob- but I doubt he’ll respond.

[Reply] #49
01-11-2015 02:24 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:
How many times were you dropped on your head as a child? Do you even have one properly working neuron?


Wow, you didn’t even try to defend yourself. Instead you deviated completely away from it, are you ashamed? Conflicted? Confused?

[Reply] #50
01-11-2015 02:24 PM
Joined: 11-04-2013
Posts: 4,031
offline
Only Faggots Get Postive Reps From Me
Only Faggots Get Postive Reps From Me
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 68

It’s only rape if she says “no”.

But seriously, it is.

[Reply] #51
01-11-2015 02:28 PM
Joined: 04-06-2013
Posts: 10,891
offline
The Ancient Apocalypse
The Ancient Apocalypse
Dungeon Master
Rep: 114

Les Matadorss wrote:

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:
How many times were you dropped on your head as a child? Do you even have one properly working neuron?


Wow, you didn’t even try to defend yourself. Instead you deviated completely away from it, are you ashamed? Conflicted? Confused?



I’m wise enough not to engage your venomous stupidity. Copy and paste your way into trying to make people think you’re smart but anyone who has had more than a 5 minute interaction with you knows what garbage you are and how poor your critical thinking skills are.


__________________

[Reply] #52
01-11-2015 02:31 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

Wolfey wrote: I admit I wouldn’t really know if extortion has any bearing outside of private law at the moment, given that I haven’t touched criminal law


What textbook are you using? I thought all law textbooks have the general notion of both criminal law and civil law in the same chapter.

[Reply] #53
01-11-2015 02:34 PM
Joined: 11-30-2010
Posts: 36,201
offline
Wolfey
Wolfey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 211

Well, what I meant to say is that criminal and civil law view one single event from different perspectives, which is why I can only offer one perspective. I have no clue what any criminal definition of coercion/extortion might mean, but I know how the civil one is described.
But that’s not really important for me to understand that point.

Whether or not that interpretation applies depends entirely on jurisprudence rather than legislation, as far as I can tell. As you know, US is Common Law, whose bulk of legal strength comes from the active decisions of courts in proceedings.

A very quick search, for instance, instantly landed me on this;

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/11/5/II/776

While not federal law, here’s a state where there’s a clear disctinction between rape and sexual extortion in its legislation.
However, as I said, jurisprudence weighs more than legislation in the US. So ask Shob.

Les Matadorss wrote:

Wolfey wrote: I admit I wouldn’t really know if extortion has any bearing outside of private law at the moment, given that I haven’t touched criminal law


What textbook are you using? I thought all law textbooks have the general notion of both criminal law and civil law in the same chapter.



My uni separates different aspects of the law into entirely different classes. So, for instance, I have a Class of Civil Law Theory, in which we read commentaries and such purely on the civil code and its aspects.

So any volume I have used as only talked of a civil perspective. Generally, they make commentaries and contrast with public law, as the dichotomy of private/public is very important for law as a whole, but not criminal law.

Edited 01-11-2015 04:31 PM by Wolfey
[Reply] #54
01-11-2015 02:39 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:

I’m wise enough not to engage your venomous stupidity. Copy and paste your way into trying to make people think you’re smart but anyone who has had more than a 5 minute interaction with you knows what garbage you are and how poor your critical thinking skills are.


This isn’t a dick measuring contest, so put it back in your pants.

My response was a legitimate one; you’re obviously crossing the line between bashing feminism and hating women- if you don’t already.

What kind of question is the one you asked but a border line malicious one?
Do you think blackmail a woman for sex is rape?
Honestly get a hold of yourself.

[Reply] #55
01-11-2015 02:43 PM
Joined: 04-06-2013
Posts: 10,891
offline
The Ancient Apocalypse
The Ancient Apocalypse
Dungeon Master
Rep: 114

Les Matadorss wrote:

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:

I’m wise enough not to engage your venomous stupidity. Copy and paste your way into trying to make people think you’re smart but anyone who has had more than a 5 minute interaction with you knows what garbage you are and how poor your critical thinking skills are.


This isn’t a dick measuring contest, so put it back in your pants.

My response was a legitimate one; you’re obviously crossing the line between bashing feminism and hating women- if you don’t already.

What kind of question is the one you asked but a border line malicious one?
Do you think blackmail a woman for sex is rape?
Honestly get a hold of yourself.



No, it wasn’t. It was an assumption of intent that had no reference. You assume I hate women because you have to convince yourself that anyone who doesn’t agree with you is a bad person, because how else could they come to different conclusions. You’re a high and mighty prick who pretends to look down from your ivory tower which is nothing more than a hill of mud.


__________________

[Reply] #56
01-11-2015 02:56 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

Wolfey wrote:

A very quick search, for instance, instantly landed me on this;

[url]http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/11/5/II/776[/url]

While not federal law, here’s a state where there’s a clear disctinction between rape and sexual extortion in its legislation.
However, as I said, jurisprudence weighs more than legislation in the US. So ask Shob.


A felony is a criminal offence(iirc), which is serious matter.

I’m pretty sure that they can be connected based on the definition of rape. Hopefully Shob can clear it up.

Wolfey wrote:

My uni separates different aspects of the law into entirely different classes. So, for instance, I have a Class of Civil Law Theory, in which we read commentaries and such purely on the civil code and its aspects.

So any volume I have used as only talked of a civil perspective. Genrrally, they make commentaries and contrast with public law, but not criminal law.


Hmm, I see.

[Reply] #57
01-11-2015 03:06 PM
Joined: 01-09-2013
Posts: 14,109
offline
Ori
Ori
Hyperactive Vagabond
Rep: 107

Not really. If the person being blackmailed decides to give sex, that’s on them. If I were being blackmailed, I would simply let them go through with it and not care when people make fun of me.


__________________

[Reply] #58
01-11-2015 03:07 PM
Les Matadorss
Guest

The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:
No, it wasn’t. It was an assumption of intent that had no reference. You assume I hate women because you have to convince yourself that anyone who doesn’t agree with you is a bad person, because how else could they come to different conclusions. You’re a high and mighty prick who pretends to look down from your ivory tower which is nothing more than a hill of mud.


I love the irony in your post and I love that analogy, which is a similar one that I used on j peth.

Regarding the different opinion: I don’t care if people have different opinion than I. I don’t mind that wolf has a different view on this than I.
I do care when people are dishonest or daft.

How dare you lecture on hating people with different opinion when you ban people with different opinion.

I’m done talking to you about this, but I sincerely hope you find the line.

[Reply] #59
01-11-2015 03:07 PM
Joined: 11-30-2010
Posts: 36,201
offline
Wolfey
Wolfey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 211

So, I was reading a few texts on the matter and reflecting on my own notebook, and I think I understand why a sort of distinction exists between sexual extortion and rape, same one which applies extortion and robbery.

In a crime of extortion, while the manifestation of will/volition(however the hell that’s translated) is done in vice of something, it is still active in the sense that the victim engages as a passive subject in it when moving in compliance to the coercion. The juridical transaction would be invalid, but the manifestation of volition would not be considered null in face of that, rather, it would be viced. Because it isn’t null, it still had the capacity to properly produce legal affects, however, those hipotheses would just be invalidated in the future, as it was viced by coercion.

In a crime of robbery, there is not even a quasi-structure of a juridical transaction that takes place, its just a practice of subtraction, rather than coercion. Therefore, the victim is not a passive subject in active participation doing something. In extorsion, there is participation from the victim, in robbery, the perpetrator is the sole agent acting.

If the analogy from extortion and robbery is such, it might apply to sexual extortion/exploitation and rape, from a legal perspective.

Keep in-mind, though, that this is based on my country’s legislation. Not only that, as I said, jurisprudece would still weigh more if it said that sexual extortion is tantamount to rape.

Matador wrote: A felony is a criminal offence(iirc), which is serious matter.

I&#146;m pretty sure that they can be connected based on the definition of rape. Hopefully Shob can clear it up.



Its true that a felony is a serious matter, but remember, we were talking about it being tantamount or leading to rape.

In the case that some sexual extortion could be rape, then really, all sexual extortion would be rape, logically, because of the nature of the crime. Sex would be happening under pressure, and if there was no disctinction necessary, there wouldn’t be a need for legislation on sexual extortion.

However, like I said, legislation is not the end-all-be-all of US law.

Edited 01-11-2015 03:11 PM by Wolfey
[Reply] #60
01-11-2015 03:20 PM
Joined: 01-09-2013
Posts: 14,109
offline
Ori
Ori
Hyperactive Vagabond
Rep: 107

Feminists are the stupidest people on earth. Just saiyan.


__________________

<< First < Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact