Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Economic systems and other absurdities

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #21
01-02-2015 10:18 AM
Joined: 12-30-2014
Posts: 127
offline
The Hero With No Fear
The Hero With No Fear
Regular
Rep: 4

Caliborn wrote: Money should be destroyed and social classes should be broken down.

Look at my posts.

I explain exactly how that could be done based on a scientific experiment (village construction set) and an infrastructural design based on modern technology (venus project).

There’d have to be a global panic for us to further explore those possibilities though.

After all, in authority’s eyes, it’s a “why fix what isn’t broken” kinda thing.

Edited 01-02-2015 10:20 AM by The Hero With No Fear
[Reply] #22
01-02-2015 06:57 PM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

The Living Tribunal wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

El Matas wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: Properly Regulated Capitalism > Communism in Theory > Pure Capitalism > Communism in Practice


Would regulating Capitalism even work? The whole point of Capitalism is for people to compete.

Thus this point brings me to wonder if Capitalism would even function if it is being restrained. Would big companies decided that “properly regulated” is too much of a hassle and just stop competing and selling? That would be bad for the economy of any Capitalist country.

regulated capitalism is just competition with rules. It works.

is regulated capitalism the same as capitalism with elements of socialism?

depends who you ask. Right-Wingers do have this annoying tendency to call any market regulation or public sector work socialism. I’ve never found things like treatment of healthcare and eucation as public goods rather than market commodities or workplace safety standards or minimum wage laws to require justification outside of classic capitalist theory.


__________________

[Reply] #23
01-02-2015 07:07 PM
Joined: 02-08-2012
Posts: 7,526
offline
Oracle of The Pantheon
Oracle of The Pantheon
Metallica - Eye of the Beholder
Rep: 148

US>>>>>>>>>Most countries.
Sthap bitching u spoil cunts.


__________________


Want a cookie?

[Reply] #24
01-02-2015 07:18 PM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

Phantom Gentleman wrote: US>>>>>>>>>Most countries.
Sthap bitching u spoil cunts.

we’re starting to lag behind though; we’re slowly becoming the laughingstock of the industrialized world. Largely because we have an outdated commercial code and a government thats been negligent in its regulatory duty, while countries like Germany and Sweden and South Korea are about 30 years ahead of us on that front.


__________________

[Reply] #25
01-02-2015 07:20 PM
Joined: 02-08-2012
Posts: 7,526
offline
Oracle of The Pantheon
Oracle of The Pantheon
Metallica - Eye of the Beholder
Rep: 148

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

Phantom Gentleman wrote: US>>>>>>>>>Most countries.
Sthap bitching u spoil cunts.

we’re starting to lag behind though; we’re slowly becoming the laughingstock of the industrialized world. Largely because we have an outdated commercial code and a government thats been negligent in its regulatory duty, while countries like Germany and Sweden and South Korea are about 30 years ahead of us on that front.


My quote still stand true.
What are you guys laggin behind with?


__________________


Want a cookie?

[Reply] #26
01-02-2015 07:31 PM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

Phantom Gentleman wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

Phantom Gentleman wrote: US>>>>>>>>>Most countries.
Sthap bitching u spoil cunts.

we’re starting to lag behind though; we’re slowly becoming the laughingstock of the industrialized world. Largely because we have an outdated commercial code and a government thats been negligent in its regulatory duty, while countries like Germany and Sweden and South Korea are about 30 years ahead of us on that front.


My quote still stand true.
What are you guys laggin behind with?

manufacturing output, education levels, and % of citizens living in poverty


__________________

[Reply] #27
01-02-2015 07:34 PM
Joined: 02-08-2012
Posts: 7,526
offline
Oracle of The Pantheon
Oracle of The Pantheon
Metallica - Eye of the Beholder
Rep: 148

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

Phantom Gentleman wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

Phantom Gentleman wrote: US>>>>>>>>>Most countries.
Sthap bitching u spoil cunts.

we’re starting to lag behind though; we’re slowly becoming the laughingstock of the industrialized world. Largely because we have an outdated commercial code and a government thats been negligent in its regulatory duty, while countries like Germany and Sweden and South Korea are about 30 years ahead of us on that front.


My quote still stand true.
What are you guys laggin behind with?

manufacturing output, education levels, and % of citizens living in poverty


But homosexuality is more important bro! TMZ and media right?????!!!!


__________________


Want a cookie?

[Reply] #28
01-02-2015 07:36 PM
Joined: 08-11-2014
Posts: 10,303
offline
The Living Tribunal
The Living Tribunal
Nigh Omnipotent
Rep: 103

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

The Living Tribunal wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

El Matas wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: Properly Regulated Capitalism > Communism in Theory > Pure Capitalism > Communism in Practice


Would regulating Capitalism even work? The whole point of Capitalism is for people to compete.

Thus this point brings me to wonder if Capitalism would even function if it is being restrained. Would big companies decided that “properly regulated” is too much of a hassle and just stop competing and selling? That would be bad for the economy of any Capitalist country.

regulated capitalism is just competition with rules. It works.

is regulated capitalism the same as capitalism with elements of socialism?

depends who you ask. Right-Wingers do have this annoying tendency to call any market regulation or public sector work socialism. I’ve never found things like treatment of healthcare and eucation as public goods rather than market commodities or workplace safety standards or minimum wage laws to require justification outside of classic capitalist theory.



so regulated capitalism = capitalism with elements of socialism? if so, im with regulated capitalism


__________________

[Reply] #29
01-02-2015 07:45 PM
Joined: 04-06-2013
Posts: 10,891
offline
The Ancient Apocalypse
The Ancient Apocalypse
Dungeon Master
Rep: 114

El Matas wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:
incorrect. basic animal instincts are the source of greed (its a more evolved form of territorialism). Money is a utilitarian medium of exchange that improves the effeciency of trade, by creating a universal store of value desired by all and thus exchangable for any good or service (eliminating the need for ineffecient bartering). There is still greed without money. But without some form of money (real and tangible or credit-based), civilization as we know it could not exist.


I’ll probably edit some of the wording.

Now regarding this point: Let me explain what I mean by money is the source of greed: In the social experiments done by Dr. Ariely and his colleagues; a fundamental principle of modern economy was put to the test -supply-and-demand- it was demonstrated that when the price of things dropped - there was a higher demand (“so far so good” the first law of demand remained true).

Once the price dropped to zero- there was a higher amount of people that did take x object, but the people were more conservative and didn’t take as much x object.

As oppose to: The price for x object being 5 cents; in such a case there was less amount of people, but more amount of x object was taken (thus the second law is false-because when x object was free less was taken by each person).

This is due to the fact that people are: “we are caring social animals, but when the rules of the game involve money, this tendency is muted." (Ariel 9).

Again like I said before, much editing and new thoughts that will merge and change will be presented in the future.



That experiment is centered around the idea of value, not money. Something that had higher value at one time will potentially return to that value at some point in the future and so is still considered more valuable than the price would suggest. When an object completely losses its monetary value it is less likely to forsee a return to valued status at any time in the near future. So while it might still have use, the demand would remain low.


__________________

[Reply] #30
01-02-2015 07:47 PM
Joined: 04-06-2013
Posts: 10,891
offline
The Ancient Apocalypse
The Ancient Apocalypse
Dungeon Master
Rep: 114

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

Phantom Gentleman wrote: US>>>>>>>>>Most countries.
Sthap bitching u spoil cunts.

we’re starting to lag behind though; we’re slowly becoming the laughingstock of the industrialized world. Largely because we have an outdated commercial code and a government thats been negligent in its regulatory duty, while countries like Germany and Sweden and South Korea are about 30 years ahead of us on that front.



On what front? How do you judge the value of regulations that are brand spanking new due to the brand new technologies and concepts they are ment to regulate?


__________________

[Reply] #31
01-02-2015 07:53 PM
Joined: 04-06-2013
Posts: 10,891
offline
The Ancient Apocalypse
The Ancient Apocalypse
Dungeon Master
Rep: 114

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

The Living Tribunal wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote:

El Matas wrote:

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: Properly Regulated Capitalism > Communism in Theory > Pure Capitalism > Communism in Practice


Would regulating Capitalism even work? The whole point of Capitalism is for people to compete.

Thus this point brings me to wonder if Capitalism would even function if it is being restrained. Would big companies decided that “properly regulated” is too much of a hassle and just stop competing and selling? That would be bad for the economy of any Capitalist country.

regulated capitalism is just competition with rules. It works.

is regulated capitalism the same as capitalism with elements of socialism?

depends who you ask. Right-Wingers do have this annoying tendency to call any market regulation or public sector work socialism. I’ve never found things like treatment of healthcare and eucation as public goods rather than market commodities or workplace safety standards or minimum wage laws to require justification outside of classic capitalist theory.



Public sector work and market regulations are socialism. Any time the governing body takes action that assumes social responsibility rather than personal it is socialism. The correct response to that claim is “so what?"


__________________

Edited 01-02-2015 07:54 PM by The Ancient Apocalypse
[Reply] #32
01-03-2015 02:45 AM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

The Hero With No Fear wrote: [But what about me!? I’m serious. :|

Furthermore, no modern system is going to be any better, they’ll actually be worse.

In WWII we mass produced fighter planes at record low cost when the economy was failing.

Now, in today’s world? We can do so much more. If we stop trying to maintain old broken obsolete structures and city models, entire industrial models, roads, cars, planes, trains, railroads. It all costs more than it’s worth.

We can design an infrastructure that is so efficient and self-autonomous (no human laborers just machines) that nothing would cost more than a penny, there’d be no more damage to the environment imposed by its industry but rather it would go in coerce with the environment, in a restoration of sorts. Nothing would cost more than you could make in 4 hours, not a home not a means of transportation, nothing at the store, nothing at Gamestop, NOTHING.

We make resources infinite, there’s no more wealth disparity, no more separated living standards, no more fighting for some food, and war becomes obsolete.


So you agree that Capitalism should be replaced with Communism, or at very least a Socialist.

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: regulated capitalism is just competition with rules.


But what do you mean by regulated Capitalism? Which country standard are you speaking of? Each country with a Capitalist economy has a different system and the Capitalist system changes with different leaders and with different economic levels.

A better question would be: What would you consider a properly regulated Capitalist system to look like? I’ve never seen such a system, so I’ll just assume that it is your hypothetical Capitalist system.

What I picture when you say “properly regulated Capitalism” is Capitalism with a lot of Socialism in it; so much Socialism that having a Capitalist model, would destroy the economy.

Shob wrote: It works.


It works like a submarine with a hole patched up with duct tape, if that’s what you mean by “it works”, then I agree.

Let’s be honest here - Capitalism benefits only a few people while the other struggle to maintain afloat; it’s a faulty system.


The Ancient Apocalypse wrote:
That experiment is centered around the idea of value, not money. Something that had higher value at one time will potentially return to that value at some point in the future and so is still considered more valuable than the price would suggest. When an object completely losses its monetary value it is less likely to forsee a return to valued status at any time in the near future. So while it might still have use, the demand would remain low.


No that’s not at all what I’m saying nor have I implied this.

This was a social experiment to see how people behaved when an say a pencil had the value of zero, opposed to having a price- of say 5 cents.

What the data showed was that when the pencil had a set (5 cents) monetary price- people would take much more pencils because social norms were thrown out the window.

But when the price was zero- there was a higher amount of people going to take a pencil but would take less pencils than when there was a set price.

Why? Because when the price was zero, other people, took into consideration social norms; money eradicated the notion of social norms.

[Reply] #33
01-03-2015 10:20 PM
Joined: 05-21-2013
Posts: 1,185
offline
Macho
Macho
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 26

Noam Chomsky on why you can’t have a Capitalist Democracy:


__________________


“If I don’t, then who will!“-Goku
Im your huckleberry.- Doc Holiday
From me to you. Choke on it.- Kid Trunks

[Reply] #34
01-03-2015 10:23 PM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 7,961
offline
Vance Prime
Vance Prime
????????????????????????????
Rep: 131

Communist systems failed in the past

just look at Mao china, china now follows a capitalist economics policy

there is no pure capitalist society even in america, government still has alot of control

austrain economics is the best system in my opinion


__________________

[Reply] #35
01-03-2015 11:51 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Vance Prime wrote: Communist systems failed in the past


No, it hasn’t, because there’s never been a Communist system.

VP wrote:
just look at Mao china, china now follows a capitalist economics policy


That wasn’t a Communist system. China’s economic system is arguable, but I agree it is mainly a Capitalist system.

[Reply] #36
01-03-2015 11:52 PM
Joined: 05-21-2013
Posts: 1,185
offline
Macho
Macho
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 26

Very insightful:




__________________


“If I don’t, then who will!“-Goku
Im your huckleberry.- Doc Holiday
From me to you. Choke on it.- Kid Trunks

Edited 01-03-2015 11:53 PM by Macho
[Reply] #37
01-03-2015 11:54 PM
Joined: 03-25-2011
Posts: 13,322
offline
Jurassic DIO
Jurassic DIO
Fabulous lizard man
Rep: 147

Vance Prime wrote: Communist systems failed in the past

just look at Mao china, china now follows a capitalist economics policy

there is no pure capitalist society even in america, government still has alot of control

austrain economics is the best system in my opinion


Communism failed in the past due to humanity’s natural egocentrism and evilness. Utopic communism belongs to a more civilized society.


__________________

[Reply] #38
01-04-2015 01:32 AM
Joined: 10-09-2011
Posts: 8,854
offline
B.J. Titty-Banger
B.J. Titty-Banger
The Mayor of Titty-City
Rep: 120

Van Hohenheim NLI wrote:

Vance Prime wrote: Communist systems failed in the past


No, it hasn’t, because there’s never been a Communist system.

VP wrote:
just look at Mao china, china now follows a capitalist economics policy


That wasn’t a Communist system. China’s economic system is arguable, but I agree it is mainly a Capitalist system.

every attempt at communism fails. Communism in practice deviates from communism in theory because communism in theory is unworkable, which is why “there has never been a communist system."


__________________

Edited 01-04-2015 01:33 AM by B.J. Titty-Banger
[Reply] #39
01-04-2015 10:47 AM
Joined: 08-11-2014
Posts: 10,303
offline
The Living Tribunal
The Living Tribunal
Nigh Omnipotent
Rep: 103

you what will be great? anarchy smiley


__________________

[Reply] #40
01-04-2015 02:16 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

B.J. Titty-Banger wrote: every attempt at communism fails. Communism in practice deviates from communism in theory because communism in theory is unworkable, which is why “there has never been a communist system.“


A communist system has only been tried in Russia.

It’s a hard goal to achieve but not “unworkable”; just because you can’t imagine it working right now doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Just take a look at the history if Capitalism- it wasn’t an easy economic system to adopt, mostly all great changes are hard at first.

<< First < Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Raziel, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact