Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Take Five Forums

<< First < Prev 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #521
11-22-2015 02:43 AM
Cid nli
Guest

Les Matadot wrote: Cid said the hacks looked “amateurish” that means that T5 security is questionable.



Only in that they didn’t do much damage. And it wasn’t difficult to reverse. It still likely took some high degree of skill to get into my code from the start. They just, either, didn’t know what to do once they were in... Or more likely, didn’t have any severely malicious intent from the start. smiley

[Reply] #522
11-22-2015 02:47 AM
Cid nli
Guest

And yes, Take Five’s security is much tighter than moviecodec’s security. But that should be obvious sheerly by virtue of the software I’m running. Bjarne isn’t a top notch coder. He’s never claimed to be. vBulletin is professional software backed by a development team, and used on thousands of forums across the Internet. Of course it will be more secure than a dabbler’s home grown code. It’s just logical. *shrugs*

[Reply] #523
11-22-2015 02:11 PM
Joined: 05-11-2008
Posts: 16,512
offline
Helly The God
Helly The God
Jesi Master
Rep: 203

Cid nli wrote: It’s just logical.



Edited 11-22-2015 02:31 PM by Helly The God
[Reply] #524
11-22-2015 05:16 PM
El Matas
Guest

That’s the part you decide to highlight for your vindication?
Mkay, let’s look at how logical the post were.
The claim was that the hacks were amateurish, Cid then asked the poster that Hellfighter called a “scrub” for help (twice...and not begging, of course).

Logical conclusion, King Arthur is not a scrub and the security at Vbulletin is questionable.

One more point on the basis of logic:

T5 gets it’s front page changed even though it’s more well funded, sophisticated, and more “secure”, while MVC has gotten DoS and the superuser has been hacked; the change was never to that extent. T5 has just started and it got hacked multiple times.

Logical conclusion: Vbulletin isn’t that secure, even compare to this “Dabbler’s home grown code” (and how dare you call Edward Snowden that).

This is how you use and apply logic.

[Reply] #525
11-22-2015 05:31 PM
Helly destroyer of mataderps anus
Guest

KA himself has admitted his prowess as a hacker is relatively limited. Cid contacted him because he happens to be a white hat hacker that he knows.

This gap in your knowledge is hardly a surprise, but your next attempt truly had me rolling:

[Quote/]
Logical conclusion: Vbulletin isn’t that secure, even compare to this “Dabbler’s home grown code”



An incredibley hair-brained attempt to save yourself, Mata, but alas even if you had succeeded, there’s almost nothing left of your dignity that hasn’t already been shredded by me, anyway c:

You may now procceed to wallow in your butthurt for the hundredth time while I quietly watch and laugh.

[Reply] #526
11-22-2015 06:23 PM
El Matas
Guest

I never said KA was a professional, just that Cid asked him for help. If KA was clueless in the hacking department Cid wouldn’t have asked him for help.

Are you trying to imply I don’t know about websites security, while you do? You don’t even know how to use basic quoting systems, so I you’re not trying to imply that.

You say I failed but don’t say why, this type of response is expected from people that try to claim they have knowledge in something (and try to correct other people) but they don’t.

Whatever floats your boat.

[Reply] #527
11-22-2015 08:58 PM
Helly destroyer of mataderps anus
Guest

Ok

So you admit KA is fairly limited in his knowledge. Now that we’ve driven that point through your head, I’m wondering how you ever got it in there that I was referring to KA in the first place. He has no reason to attack T5. “Scrubs” was referring to the gang of wannabes who brought MvC down in the first place, and who tried to cause trouble on T5 some time ago.

But obviously you are incapable of inferring things that are obvious to functional beings like Cid or I, so I’ll just peg this on your extra chromosome :]

el derpas wrote: re you trying to imply I don’t know about websites security, while you do?



gee whatever gave u that impression. i mean its not like u ever suggested anything incredibly stupid, like bjane’s outdated site having better security than something as widely used and well-staffed as vB LOL

You don’t even know how to use basic quoting systems, so I you’re not trying to imply that.



I was and still am on my phone. What’s your excuse for your extremely appalling grammar c:

[Reply] #528
11-22-2015 10:04 PM
Cid nli
Guest

El Matas wrote: This is how you use and apply logic.



I’m sorry, Mata. But that’s how you twist and distort logic to your own personal gain.

The hack on Take Five was amateur, not in how it was executed, but in the extent of damage done. You’ve clearly misconstrued that. To be clear, King Arthur is probably the only person from this site who would be capable of doing what was done to my site. Because the security is very tight. Take Five was targeted by high level attackers who, on their pages, gloat about dozens, if not hundreds, of sites they’ve brought down.

The fact that it took that level of hacker to bring T5 down proves it’s much, much more secure than this place. And it’s honestly laughable you’re even trying to argue that. Ueneo and KoS brought this place to it’s knees with wave after wave of DOS attacks, spam, and account compromisation. They tried to bring T5 down and not only did I fend off their attacks but I completely banished Ueneo from the site to the point he doesn’t even try anymore and I made it impossible for their attacks to continue.

And while this place is overrun with spam bots every day, Take Five hasn’t had a single spam bot in months.

And finally, I asked King Arthur for help because I respect him. And because I’m an amateur. Everything I’ve done, I have done on the fly with little to no prior knowledge. And yet I’ve crushed the attempts to bring T5 down. The same attempts that have crippled moviecodec.

Defend moviecodec all you want. That’s you’re right. But don’t try to bring Take Five down to it’s level I the process. Because I won’t stand for it. smiley

[Reply] #529
11-23-2015 12:55 AM
Les Matadot
Guest

@Hellfigher: Good shit, but I’m not going to argue with a guy that backtracks at an Olympic level, not even for the little amusement.

I’m still not convinced you understand the quoting system.

Take notes, chump, this is how you use the quoting system:


@Cid:

cid wrote: Iím sorry, Mata. But thatís how you twist and distort logic to your own personal gain.


I don’t have anything to gain, especially nothing personal.

I really do hope your business does how it deserves. And I don’t think high level hackers want to bring your website down, for personal reasons. They’re probably gunning for vBulletin and the other websites powered by it.


Moral of this story: what you say/type should be what you mean, not what you think you mean.

[Reply] #530
11-23-2015 02:58 AM
Cid nli
Guest

Les Matadot wrote: I don’t think high level hackers want to bring your website down, for personal reasons. They’re probably gunning for vBulletin and the other websites powered by it.



It’s not even that. Take Five was just unlucky enough to be hit by a random attack. I spoke with the person who hacked it, he left his Facebook account behind. He said it wasn’t personal. That he simply happened upon it and hacked it as a way to show security flaws to the owner. I.e, me. He does it to dozens of pages every day, it seems. He linked me to a site and I read up on how to improve the security. And I implemented what I learned.

[Reply] #531
11-23-2015 02:56 PM
Joined: 05-11-2008
Posts: 16,512
offline
Helly The God
Helly The God
Jesi Master
Rep: 203

Les Matadot wrote: @Hellfigher: Good shit, but I’m not going to argue with a guy that backtracks at an Olympic level, not even for the little amusement.

I’m still not convinced you understand the quoting system.



Bringing up another point after you had already conceded that KA is scarcely more than a script kiddie(as he himself put it) is backtracking? Ok, buddy :^^^^^^^]

Don’t even bother trying to save yourself, pupil. You don’t want to continue down this path of your own lulzy self-destruction because even Cid himself bodyslammed you for being full of shit!

Take notes, class, this is how you defeat an egotist so thoroughly that he makes a mad sprint for the hills at the slightest opportunity!

Moral of this story: *even more attempts to save himself after getting casually blown away for the hundredth time by Helly the God*



Moral of the story: You’re a moron. I wish I could say GG, but you and I both know this is probably the nastiest loss you’ve taken so far.

Edited 11-23-2015 03:04 PM by Helly The God
[Reply] #532
11-23-2015 05:33 PM
Le Matadot
Guest

Cid nli wrote:

Les Matadot wrote: I don’t think high level hackers want to bring your website down, for personal reasons. They’re probably gunning for vBulletin and the other websites powered by it.



It’s not even that. Take Five was just unlucky enough to be hit by a random attack. I spoke with the person who hacked it, he left his Facebook account behind. He said it wasn’t personal. That he simply happened upon it and hacked it as a way to show security flaws to the owner. I.e, me. He does it to dozens of pages every day, it seems. He linked me to a site and I read up on how to improve the security. And I implemented what I learned.



Seems like a good guy, first punches you in the face and then he tells you it’s not personal.

Was the hack done by exploiting the ads on your website?

[Reply] #533
11-23-2015 06:49 PM
Joined: 06-04-2015
Posts: 566
offline
God Doom
God Doom
Regular
Rep: 9

This post made me laugh.


__________________

Better MVC

Fuji_Ren_Z wrote: Demonbane,Lord of Nightmares,Kawahara Sakuya,Kami Tenchi,Marduk,Choushin,Azathoth,Nyarlathotep,Othinus,Aiwass,H.Priest,Sai Akuto,and others can solo Marvel/DC together.But thatís overkill. Any DBZ,VHD,Hellsing,or Saint Seiya character can solo the comic book omniverse.



“LT is the example of why retardation exist."-God

[Reply] #534
11-23-2015 08:26 PM
Cid nli
Guest

Le Matadot wrote:

Cid nli wrote:

Les Matadot wrote: I don’t think high level hackers want to bring your website down, for personal reasons. They’re probably gunning for vBulletin and the other websites powered by it.



It’s not even that. Take Five was just unlucky enough to be hit by a random attack. I spoke with the person who hacked it, he left his Facebook account behind. He said it wasn’t personal. That he simply happened upon it and hacked it as a way to show security flaws to the owner. I.e, me. He does it to dozens of pages every day, it seems. He linked me to a site and I read up on how to improve the security. And I implemented what I learned.



Seems like a good guy, first punches you in the face and then he tells you it’s not personal.

Was the hack done by exploiting the ads on your website?



We don’t even have ads.

[Reply] #535
11-23-2015 08:35 PM
Helly the based god
Guest

MVC Forumotion wrote: This post made me laugh.



Matador is a bottomless well of lulz

[Reply] #536
11-23-2015 11:08 PM
Les Matadot
Guest

Cid nli wrote:
We don’t even have ads.


I thought you did. Now I’m tempted to join your site, even if it’s just to bully Hellfighers.

[Reply] #537
12-11-2015 12:30 PM
Cockmeat Sandwich
Guest

MVC Forumotion wrote: Join FBO we are alot better.

Join my dick in your ass, you whiny little cunt. Fuck you, fuck your nonexistent life, and fuck your faggoty failed little uprising. No one cares about you or your shitty site. Kill yourself.

[Reply] #538
02-27-2016 11:54 AM
Love ado much nothing
Guest

Cockmeat Sandwich wrote:

MVC Forumotion wrote: Join FBO we are alot better.

Join my dick in your ass, you whiny little cunt. Fuck you, fuck your nonexistent life, and fuck your faggoty failed little uprising. No one cares about you or your shitty site. Kill yourself.


Suicifr is not answer

Love is

[Reply] #539
02-27-2016 01:25 PM
Joined: 03-25-2011
Posts: 13,322
offline
Jurassic DIO
Jurassic DIO
Fabulous lizard man
Rep: 147

Cockmeat Sandwich wrote:

MVC Forumotion wrote: Join FBO we are alot better.

Join my dick in your ass, you whiny little cunt. Fuck you, fuck your nonexistent life, and fuck your faggoty failed little uprising. No one cares about you or your shitty site. Kill yourself.


Too harsh lol.


__________________

[Reply] #540
03-01-2016 09:47 AM
Joined: 07-26-2014
Posts: 2,470
offline
Xennotraun
Xennotraun
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 23

“Fatal error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null in /home/jkotlowski/t5forums.com/core/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 172”

help me


__________________

<< First < Prev 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact