Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Z fans hangout thread

<< First < Prev 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #141
10-16-2014 05:13 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Y’all grew up with the Funimation names, I didn’t. Now if you’d prefer, I would use the Portuguese names and call Piccolo “Coraçãozinho de Satã" and Boo “Bubu”, but I won’t. As such, I’ll just use the japanese names, since that’s the dub I like the most. I won’t go to the extremes of using “Bejita”, “Gokû", “Seru” and etc, but I’m going with the correct and official names, Kuririn and Boo are two of those.

[Reply] #142
10-16-2014 05:14 PM
Joined: 05-25-2014
Posts: 3,265
offline
DurdenH
DurdenH
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 55

Aslan wrote:

Flame Saber wrote:

Doc. wrote:

Flame Saber wrote: I can’t think of a single good thing from GT, tbh.



- Good jap soundtrack
- SSJ4 design
- Baby was a decent villain, for DB standards
- Piccolo’s death
- Shadow Dragons concept
- Boo and Oob fusion
- Kuririn’s death and 18’s revenge
- Gogeta
- The End

Will you stop saying “Boo”?



Just ignore DBZ Sacred Namers.

I tried arguing with one once who called Vegeta Bejita, Krillin Kuririn and Cell Seru. Ugh.



Kuririn and Boo actually make sense.

Bejita and Seru is incorrect, because that’s just the Japanese people’s inability to pronunciate it correctly.


__________________

[Reply] #143
10-16-2014 05:14 PM
Joined: 08-11-2013
Posts: 29,552
offline
- FS -
- FS -
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 259

Aslan wrote:

Flame Saber wrote: Beerus. Don’t forget Beerus.



Beerus is his actual name.

Or are you saying they call Beerus something else?

“Bills” as “Beerus”

“Boo” is the original name of “Buu”, tho.

[Reply] #144
10-16-2014 05:15 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Flame Saber wrote:

Aslan wrote:

Flame Saber wrote: Beerus. Don’t forget Beerus.



Beerus is his actual name.

Or are you saying they call Beerus something else?

“Bills” as “Beerus”

“Boo” is the original name of “Buu”, tho.



Only youtube noobs still call Beerus Bills, m8.

[Reply] #145
10-16-2014 05:15 PM
Joined: 05-02-2014
Posts: 4,243
offline
Daddy Cool
Daddy Cool
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 34

DurdenH wrote:

Aslan wrote:

Flame Saber wrote:

Doc. wrote:

Flame Saber wrote: I can’t think of a single good thing from GT, tbh.



- Good jap soundtrack
- SSJ4 design
- Baby was a decent villain, for DB standards
- Piccolo’s death
- Shadow Dragons concept
- Boo and Oob fusion
- Kuririn’s death and 18’s revenge
- Gogeta
- The End

Will you stop saying “Boo”?



Just ignore DBZ Sacred Namers.

I tried arguing with one once who called Vegeta Bejita, Krillin Kuririn and Cell Seru. Ugh.



Kuririn and Boo actually make sense.

Bejita and Seru is incorrect, because that’s just the Japanese people’s inability to pronunciate it correctly.



Kuririn is just the Japanese pronunciation of Kulilin, or Krillin. Same as Seru.

Buu/Boo doesn’t matter, but you know exactly what someone means when they say Buu.

[Reply] #146
10-16-2014 05:15 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Wynaut wrote:

Doc. wrote: Guys

I’m coming out



Ok

It’s Gokuu btw



I was always out.

Son Gokuu

[Reply] #147
10-16-2014 05:16 PM
Joined: 05-02-2014
Posts: 4,243
offline
Daddy Cool
Daddy Cool
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 34

Flame Saber wrote:

Aslan wrote:

Flame Saber wrote: Beerus. Don’t forget Beerus.



Beerus is his actual name.

Or are you saying they call Beerus something else?

“Bills” as “Beerus”

“Boo” is the original name of “Buu”, tho.



His name is Beerus, not Bills.

Watch the FUNi dub of Battle of Gods, they call him Beerus there too, not Bills.

[Reply] #148
10-16-2014 05:16 PM
Joined: 05-25-2014
Posts: 3,265
offline
DurdenH
DurdenH
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 55

Doc. wrote: Y’all grew up with the Funimation names, I didn’t. Now if you’d prefer, I would use the Portuguese names and call Piccolo “Coraçãozinho de Satã" and Boo “Bubu”, but I won’t. As such, I’ll just use the japanese names, since that’s the dub I like the most. I won’t go to the extremes of using “Bejita”, “Gokû", “Seru” and etc, but I’m going with the correct and official names, Kuririn and Boo are two of those.



lol

in our country Buu was called BuBu as well. They named

Daimao: “Heartless Satan” and Jr: “Young Satan” .


__________________

[Reply] #149
10-16-2014 05:16 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Aslan wrote: Kuririn is just the Japanese pronunciation of Kulilin, or Krillin. Same as Seru.

Buu/Boo doesn’t matter, but you know exactly what someone means when they say Buu.



Right. And I’ve never attempted to “correct” someone who says “Krillin” or “Buu”. If I did, it was to Magikarp as a joke. So I don’t see where this “Sacred Namer” thing is coming from.

Edited 10-16-2014 05:16 PM by Kyubey
[Reply] #150
10-16-2014 05:17 PM
Joined: 08-11-2013
Posts: 29,552
offline
- FS -
- FS -
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 259

Aslan wrote:

Flame Saber wrote:

Aslan wrote:

Flame Saber wrote: Beerus. Don’t forget Beerus.



Beerus is his actual name.

Or are you saying they call Beerus something else?

“Bills” as “Beerus”

“Boo” is the original name of “Buu”, tho.



His name is Beerus, not Bills.

Watch the FUNi dub of Battle of Gods, they call him Beerus there too, not Bills.

Not yet watched Dub. Once you watch it in Sub you lose the interest to watch it again.

[Reply] #151
10-16-2014 05:17 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

DurdenH wrote:

Doc. wrote: Y’all grew up with the Funimation names, I didn’t. Now if you’d prefer, I would use the Portuguese names and call Piccolo “Coraçãozinho de Satã" and Boo “Bubu”, but I won’t. As such, I’ll just use the japanese names, since that’s the dub I like the most. I won’t go to the extremes of using “Bejita”, “Gokû", “Seru” and etc, but I’m going with the correct and official names, Kuririn and Boo are two of those.



lol

in our country Buu was called BuBu as well. They named

Daimao: “Heartless Satan” and Jr: “Young Satan” .



Coraçãozinho de Satã basically means Satan’s little heart.

I don’t recall if they called Piccolo Daimao the same name.

[Reply] #152
10-16-2014 05:17 PM
Joined: 05-02-2014
Posts: 4,243
offline
Daddy Cool
Daddy Cool
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 34

Doc. wrote:

Aslan wrote: Kuririn is just the Japanese pronunciation of Kulilin, or Krillin. Same as Seru.

Buu/Boo doesn’t matter, but you know exactly what someone means when they say Buu.



Right. And I’ve never attempted to “correct” someone who says “Krillin” or “Buu”. If I did, it was to Magikarp as a joke. So I don’t see where this “Sacred Namer” thing is coming from.



Because it’s an actual thing. I’ve been “corrected” by people who use those names. Past experience is where it’s coming from.

[Reply] #153
10-16-2014 05:18 PM
Joined: 08-29-2011
Posts: 10,149
offline
World Dictator
World Dictator
AuroraXJoker
Rep: 128

WHO GIVES TWO RATS ASSES ABOUT NAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!/!?!?!


__________________

“I want Selena Gomez to whip me while I’m bounded with chains."-Satanic Joker.
RIP UNCLE PHIL AND ROBIN WILLIAMS!!!!

Jeff Hanneman wrote:

Acrius Reborn wrote: Take a 13 Inch blade, and stick it up my ass, Take it out, then slice my throat with it, then Stab my already dead heart.


Stick it up your ass? WTF?!?!?!

[Reply] #154
10-16-2014 05:18 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Wynaut wrote:

Doc. wrote:

Aslan wrote: Kuririn is just the Japanese pronunciation of Kulilin, or Krillin. Same as Seru.

Buu/Boo doesn’t matter, but you know exactly what someone means when they say Buu.



Right. And I’ve never attempted to “correct” someone who says “Krillin” or “Buu”. If I did, it was to Magikarp as a joke. So I don’t see where this “Sacred Namer” thing is coming from.



Just stop saying Boo bruh

It sounds gay af



Why?

I see it in the three forums I use the most besides MvC.

I see it in the manga translation I read.

I see it in the fansubs I watch.

I’m not going to start writing Buu again lol.

[Reply] #155
10-16-2014 05:19 PM
Joined: 08-29-2011
Posts: 10,149
offline
World Dictator
World Dictator
AuroraXJoker
Rep: 128


__________________

“I want Selena Gomez to whip me while I’m bounded with chains."-Satanic Joker.
RIP UNCLE PHIL AND ROBIN WILLIAMS!!!!

Jeff Hanneman wrote:

Acrius Reborn wrote: Take a 13 Inch blade, and stick it up my ass, Take it out, then slice my throat with it, then Stab my already dead heart.


Stick it up your ass? WTF?!?!?!

[Reply] #156
10-16-2014 05:19 PM
Joined: 08-23-2014
Posts: 11,899
offline
RAG
RAG
Black Frank White
Rep: 81

DurdenH wrote: “Coraçãozinho de Satã“

holy shit man

Edited 10-16-2014 05:19 PM by RAG
[Reply] #157
10-16-2014 05:20 PM
Joined: 05-02-2014
Posts: 4,243
offline
Daddy Cool
Daddy Cool
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 34

Flame Saber wrote: Not yet watched Dub. Once you watch it in Sub you lose the interest to watch it again.



I’ve seen it in both. Liked the sub, and was even more hyped to hear my favourites (FUNi crew) do the voices.

Anyway, it’s officially Beerus in English too. Bills was from a time when there was no official English name.

[Reply] #158
10-16-2014 05:20 PM
Joined: 08-11-2013
Posts: 29,552
offline
- FS -
- FS -
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 259

Jeff Hanneman wrote:

You really have to post this in Comicvine. You’ll be the most hated there.

[Reply] #159
10-16-2014 05:21 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Yo Durds, did you guys have this opening?

If so, you used the French translation just like we, and many other European countries did. It resulted in shitty dubs all around, lol.

Edited 10-16-2014 05:21 PM by Kyubey
[Reply] #160
10-16-2014 05:21 PM
Joined: 02-12-2013
Posts: 21,987
offline
Kyubey
Kyubey
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 126

Wynaut wrote:

Doc. wrote: Why?

I see it in the three forums I use the most besides MvC.

I see it in the manga translation I read.

I see it in the fansubs I watch.

I’m not going to start writing Buu again lol.



Fite me Irl



I do not approve of violence outside of bed.

Griffith wrote: holy shit man



What?

Edited 10-16-2014 05:22 PM by Kyubey

<< First < Prev 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Kyubey, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact