Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

a story of my XAT Moderation and resignation, handling power

[1] 2 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #1
10-30-2009 11:34 PM
The alternate Dhaos Laser
Guest

Well, a while back when Marly and Hijacc Started the XAT moviecodec chat, my younger brother decided upon the idea of setting up a chat for his elementary school’s graduating class.

He saw it after I showed him the mvc one, lol. Anyway, after a while he offered me a equal position as a main owner. I took it up, bored, and for months now i have been holding the same power. While my brother generally ran the chat with strict rules, I chose not to abuse my power. For example,I never handed out bans or kicks. I would use dialogue, and kee pa clear head. Whre my brother would kick or ban or remove powers upon sight, i would talk it out, and remove the hatred that caused the problems in the first place. I was actually everyone’s favorite person in power, although I rarely did anything other than connect four battles when i was on.

Today It all comes to a end. I checked over his “set” rules for the chat and saw they didn’t exactly follow XAT’s terms. Furthermore they disrespected the peopple who we watched over.

Because of that, I have walked away from the chat.
Through all these months, it suprises me that I was the only one capable of handling a huge amount of power with fairness and forgiveness.
Nontheless, I cannot serve under a system of rules that shouldn’t exist- i won’t operate under something that disrespects others.

If nothing else, I now see that Bjarne runs things excessively well. We may complain, but , after firsthand holding the top power with another, and seeing how it was used, I realize Bjarne does a fine job.

So, overall, don;t bash him too much.

Heh, I bet Marly and Hijacc forgot about that MVC chat, that started it all.(it because dull) I never thought I’d go through all this after that, but well..power can corrupt people easily, and if they aren’t saints to begin with, but refuse to move forward for the better...it is sad.



Yes, i am bummed that this took place, but I’ll hold hope for the future that things improve.

that is all
--
Who am i?
Most of you already Know me as the True Chaos Spear.

[Reply] #2
10-30-2009 11:37 PM
Joined: 07-17-2006
Posts: 10,208
offline
PussylickingHighIQbadasswithADD
PussylickingHighIQbadasswithADD
The true sonic wind
Rep: 84

*claps slowly*


__________________

Haters Gonna Hate

[Reply] #3
10-30-2009 11:52 PM
Atlantian
Guest

-Power does not corrupt man; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power-
-George Bernard Shaw

[Reply] #4
10-31-2009 02:37 PM
Joined: 11-22-2008
Posts: 23,961
offline
Krystopher Malus
Krystopher Malus
Addict (beyond 1337)
Rep: 141

Wait, I thought Xat was done with...?


__________________

[Reply] #5
04-10-2010 08:45 PM
Joined: 01-04-2009
Posts: 638
offline
klaki892
Regular
Rep: 22

why am i not surprised that u posted this...


__________________


For whom it may Concern, Klaki is Pronounced (Clay key)

[Reply] #6
04-10-2010 08:55 PM
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 9,976
offline
Tippership Commander
Tippership Commander
The Last of the T's of Legend.....
Rep: 231

klaki892 wrote: why am i not surprised that u posted this...

LOL

this was to stop the Admin bashing that was going on 7 months ago....


__________________

[Reply] #7
04-10-2010 08:56 PM
Joined: 01-04-2009
Posts: 638
offline
klaki892
Regular
Rep: 22

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote: why am i not surprised that u posted this...

LOL

this was to stop the Admin bashing that was going on 7 months ago....

Still! now everyone thinks im a bad person >sad


__________________


For whom it may Concern, Klaki is Pronounced (Clay key)

[Reply] #8
04-10-2010 08:57 PM
Joined: 04-10-2010
Posts: 74
offline
KingArthur I
Wannabe
Rep: 1

The alternate Dhaos Laser wrote: Well, a while back when Marly and Hijacc Started the XAT moviecodec chat, my younger brother decided upon the idea of setting up a chat for his elementary school’s graduating class.

He saw it after I showed him the mvc one, lol. Anyway, after a while he offered me a equal position as a main owner. I took it up, bored, and for months now i have been holding the same power. While my brother generally ran the chat with strict rules, I chose not to abuse my power. For example,I never handed out bans or kicks. I would use dialogue, and kee pa clear head. Whre my brother would kick or ban or remove powers upon sight, i would talk it out, and remove the hatred that caused the problems in the first place. I was actually everyone’s favorite person in power, although I rarely did anything other than connect four battles when i was on.

Today It all comes to a end. I checked over his “set” rules for the chat and saw they didn’t exactly follow XAT’s terms. Furthermore they disrespected the peopple who we watched over.

Because of that, I have walked away from the chat.
Through all these months, it suprises me that I was the only one capable of handling a huge amount of power with fairness and forgiveness.
Nontheless, I cannot serve under a system of rules that shouldn’t exist- i won’t operate under something that disrespects others.

If nothing else, I now see that Bjarne runs things excessively well. We may complain, but , after firsthand holding the top power with another, and seeing how it was used, I realize Bjarne does a fine job.

So, overall, don;t bash him too much.

Heh, I bet Marly and Hijacc forgot about that MVC chat, that started it all.(it because dull) I never thought I’d go through all this after that, but well..power can corrupt people easily, and if they aren’t saints to begin with, but refuse to move forward for the better...it is sad.



Yes, i am bummed that this took place, but I’ll hold hope for the future that things improve.

that is all
--
Who am i?
Most of you already Know me as the True Chaos Spear.



Cool 'story' bro.

[Reply] #9
04-10-2010 08:57 PM
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 9,976
offline
Tippership Commander
Tippership Commander
The Last of the T's of Legend.....
Rep: 231

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote: why am i not surprised that u posted this...

LOL

this was to stop the Admin bashing that was going on 7 months ago....

Still! now everyone thinks im a bad person >sad

Well, #1.
would you handle it the way you handled it before?

#2- You’re assuming that people think that “bad”- there’s no way to tell what people would think.


__________________

[Reply] #10
04-10-2010 09:02 PM
Joined: 04-10-2010
Posts: 74
offline
KingArthur I
Wannabe
Rep: 1

Lol @ Xat

[Reply] #11
04-10-2010 09:07 PM
Joined: 01-04-2009
Posts: 638
offline
klaki892
Regular
Rep: 22

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote: why am i not surprised that u posted this...

LOL

this was to stop the Admin bashing that was going on 7 months ago....

Still! now everyone thinks im a bad person >sad

Well, #1.
would you handle it the way you handled it before?

#2- You’re assuming that people think that “bad”- there’s no way to tell what people would think.

acually, after hearing that someone is a corrupt leader OF COURSE THEY THINK IM BAD! *sigh* there goes at least 3 reps down the drain...


__________________


For whom it may Concern, Klaki is Pronounced (Clay key)

[Reply] #12
04-10-2010 09:19 PM
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 9,976
offline
Tippership Commander
Tippership Commander
The Last of the T's of Legend.....
Rep: 231

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote: why am i not surprised that u posted this...

LOL

this was to stop the Admin bashing that was going on 7 months ago....

Still! now everyone thinks im a bad person >sad

Well, #1.
would you handle it the way you handled it before?

#2- You’re assuming that people think that “bad”- there’s no way to tell what people would think.

acually, after hearing that someone is a corrupt leader OF COURSE THEY THINK IM BAD! *sigh* there goes at least 3 reps down the drain...



If i hear that someone is “corrupt” , I normally prefer to make my own judgements- Also, note, you didn’t “lose all reps” - and this was 7 months ago? Finally, Reps are more or less MVC reputation- you haven’t really posted on here enough for anyone to form any sort of opinion


__________________

Edited 04-10-2010 09:19 PM by Tippership Commander
[Reply] #13
04-10-2010 09:35 PM
Joined: 11-01-2008
Posts: 9,231
offline
Shepard
Shepard
"Commander"
Rep: 95

I got perma banned from the xat chat cause Kyrie/Marly felt like it


__________________

[Reply] #14
04-10-2010 09:38 PM
Joined: 04-10-2010
Posts: 74
offline
KingArthur I
Wannabe
Rep: 1

God wrote: I got perma banned from the xat chat cause Kyrie/Marly felt like it



Lol, you 'can' un-ban yourself from XAT.

[Reply] #15
04-10-2010 09:40 PM
Joined: 11-01-2008
Posts: 9,231
offline
Shepard
Shepard
"Commander"
Rep: 95

KingArthur I wrote:

God wrote: I got perma banned from the xat chat cause Kyrie/Marly felt like it



Lol, you 'can' un-ban yourself from XAT.

apparently not


__________________

[Reply] #16
04-10-2010 09:41 PM
Joined: 04-10-2010
Posts: 74
offline
KingArthur I
Wannabe
Rep: 1

God wrote:

KingArthur I wrote:

God wrote: I got perma banned from the xat chat cause Kyrie/Marly felt like it



Lol, you 'can' un-ban yourself from XAT.

apparently not



Apparently you can.

[Reply] #17
04-10-2010 09:41 PM
Joined: 11-01-2008
Posts: 9,231
offline
Shepard
Shepard
"Commander"
Rep: 95

Ohh and Afterglow quit whinning like a BITCH FOR BEING BANNED


__________________

[Reply] #18
04-10-2010 09:41 PM
Joined: 01-04-2009
Posts: 638
offline
klaki892
Regular
Rep: 22

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote: why am i not surprised that u posted this...

LOL

this was to stop the Admin bashing that was going on 7 months ago....

Still! now everyone thinks im a bad person >sad

Well, #1.
would you handle it the way you handled it before?

#2- You’re assuming that people think that “bad”- there’s no way to tell what people would think.

acually, after hearing that someone is a corrupt leader OF COURSE THEY THINK IM BAD! *sigh* there goes at least 3 reps down the drain...



If i hear that someone is “corrupt” , I normally prefer to make my own judgements- Also, note, you didn’t “lose all reps” - and this was 7 months ago? Finally, Reps are more or less MVC reputation- you haven’t really posted on here enough for anyone to form any sort of opinion

well, heres another thing to add to list of “figuring out what klaki is like”


__________________


For whom it may Concern, Klaki is Pronounced (Clay key)

[Reply] #19
04-10-2010 09:43 PM
Drak the Red
Guest

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote:

Tippership Commander wrote:

klaki892 wrote: why am i not surprised that u posted this...

LOL

this was to stop the Admin bashing that was going on 7 months ago....

Still! now everyone thinks im a bad person >sad

Well, #1.
would you handle it the way you handled it before?

#2- You’re assuming that people think that “bad”- there’s no way to tell what people would think.

acually, after hearing that someone is a corrupt leader OF COURSE THEY THINK IM BAD! *sigh* there goes at least 3 reps down the drain...



If i hear that someone is “corrupt” , I normally prefer to make my own judgements- Also, note, you didn’t “lose all reps” - and this was 7 months ago? Finally, Reps are more or less MVC reputation- you haven’t really posted on here enough for anyone to form any sort of opinion

well, heres another thing to add to list of “figuring out what klaki is like”


That is true.

Yet if it came down to it, wouldn’t Tipper would probably end up giving you a positive overall? Unless you’re really,really,really evil.

[Reply] #20
04-10-2010 09:44 PM
Joined: 01-04-2009
Posts: 638
offline
klaki892
Regular
Rep: 22

God wrote:

KingArthur I wrote:

God wrote: I got perma banned from the xat chat cause Kyrie/Marly felt like it



Lol, you 'can' un-ban yourself from XAT.

apparently not

*sigh* if your a member on xat, theres no way out. if your not heres what u do: right click in the box that u see messages pop up, go to settings, change the memory storage all the way off and accept, f5 the page then re-enable the data storage. ur a guest on the chat instead of banned.

How did i figure this out? i banned myself from my chat :P and was seeing if i had to un-ban myself to literaly un-ban myself


__________________


For whom it may Concern, Klaki is Pronounced (Clay key)

[1] 2 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact