Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Leprechauns

[1]

[Reply] #1
11-16-2014 01:00 AM
Joined: 01-09-2013
Posts: 14,109
offline
Ori
Ori
Hyperactive Vagabond
Rep: 107

So here’s a story-game I’m writing. It’s kind of a clusterfuck and not finished yet but enjoy! Make sure to follow the commands to figure out where you need to go.

You are now a leprechaun.
You peer back and forth suspiciously down either end of a long hallway. You remember you were supposed to be somewhere. Where were you supposed to be? You were hoping you knew. Oh well. You can’t really ask yourself that kind of thing without actually knowing the answer, which you don’t. And if you did, you would totally tell yourself where you’re supposed to be, and maybe even when.

>Wait a second.


You think perhaps the question of when is a little too much of a privilege. You mean, you don’t even know the answer to the question of where. You’d be doing yourself a disservice to think that much ahead.

>Get going already.


All this thinking to yourself is making you a second later than you really want to be. And heaven knows you don’t want to be late, especially to something you don’t remember you’re supposed to not be late to. Which way are you going to go?

>Left.
>Right.


You decide to take the left hallway. The right path always leads to nothing good because you’re pretty sure that right is always wrong in these sorts of situations. It’s almost too easy to figure these things out.
As you continue down the left hallway, you see a puddle of something leaking under a door to the right.

>Stop and examine puddle.
>Open the door.
>Turn around.


Of course you’re going to head right. Right is always right! It’s like, a universal constant. Why go left when that’s obviously not right? Three lefts can make a right, but if you don’t know how to count, you might end up in some serious trouble.
This hallway seems to never end.

>Keep moving.
>Forget it and turn around.


You’re not sure what it’s a puddle of, but what you are sure of, is that it does not smell very good. And by that, you mean it smells horrible. You wonder what the heck could have been spilled and who spilled it. You assume whoever it is is behind this door.

>Open the door.
>Taste the puddle.


You decide to take a deep breath and open the door.
A trail of the stuff leads into a kitchen in the back of the room. You can hear humming from behind the concealment of the kitchen wall/doorway. You also notice a cloud of steam emitting from the kitchen.

>Yell into the room.
>Walk right into the kitchen.


You know what, you’re not even going to bother. You decide to go the opposite direction.

>Right.


You decide to soldier on. After about ten minutes of walking, you begin to wonder if you’re lost. As luck would have it, you determine you are just that. You look around and notice there are now mirrors everywhere. This is exactly what you didn’t want to happen today.

>Attempt to break glass.
>Yell for help.
>Wait here.


You don’t think you’re going to stand walking this long. The hallway seems to stretch on forever. It wouldn’t do you well to get lost. Especially when you feel like you need to be somewhere.
You decide to go down the opposite way.

>Left.


Strangely, despite the godawful smell, this stuff actually tastes like some concoction of grease, cheese, and grape soda. It’s not even that bad.
Your curiosity gets the better of you. You have to see who is cooking up what in there.

>Open the door.


You call out to see who’s in there cooking. You don’t get an answer back. They must be pretty busy. Either that, or the sizzling is too loud for them to hear you.

>Walk right into the kitchen.


You decide to skip the politeness and barge right in. You peek around the corner to see who’s cooking.

>Examine kitchen.


TO BE CONTINUED.


You don’t want to do that. Well, you do, but doing that would result in some veeery bad luck. And leprechauns are all about luck. You know who set these up. You’re going to have to play his little game to get out of here safe and sound.

>Play the game.
>Break the mirrors anyway.


You decide to call out if anyone’s there. You’re pretty sure you know who set up all these mirrors, but you don’t know if he stuck around or not. He probably wants to see you make it out yourself, as per the rules of the game.

>Play the game.
>Wait here.


You decide to stay put and do nothing. You know who set up this mirror trap, and you sure as heck aren’t giving him the satisfaction.

>Be the predator.


You decide to go along with his little shenanigans. Where to start...
You hug the mirrors and rifle down each one, looking for any sort of clues. Hmm...
Aha! You found a loophole. A slip in the cracks, if you will. One of these mirrors is only a projection of the other mirrors, giving the illusion that there is really a sixth mirror. You reach through it, breaking the illusion, and press a button on the wall panel behind it. Bingo! The other mirrors disappear. You gain:
20% Cleverness.
10% Luck.
1/1 Impressed boyfriend.

>TO BE CONTINUED.


With a few fists a' flying, you go into a furious rampage and smash anything in sight. You gain:
6/5 mirrors broken.
1/1 pissed off boyfriend.
2/2 bloody fists.
In addition, your luck o' meter seems to plummet. You manage to sink into the negative luck region. You now have -60% luck.

>Stare awkwardly at boyfriend.
>Apologize.


You are now the predator, and your prey seems to not want to put up with your shenanigans right now.
Your name is mirrors, and you love to play practical jokes and games of chance. You have the ability to create illusions in the form of mirrors, as per your name, Mirrors. You boyfriend, Smoke, is not being a cooperative player.

>Mirrors: Take down the illusion.


You decide to deactivate the trap and make the mirrors go away, revealing a very bewildered Smoke. You ask him what’s wrong. Is he not in a pranking mood?
He tells you it’s not that he doesn’t want to play your games. He’d love to. He just feel like he’s in a hurry to be somewhere but he forgets where it is he’s supposed to be, and he’s too much in a rush to even think about when he’s got to be there.
You cross your arms. This is a perplexing dilemma indeed.

>TO BE CONTINUED.


The prankster looks at you in sheer disappointment. He totally expected you to play the game.

>Apologize.


You tell the man you’re sorry. You didn’t know what came over you.
He asks what the hell would possess you to break 5 mirrors and get all that bad luck.
You tell him you’re in a hurry but you don’t know what for. You feel like you need to be somewhere and the violence was a spur of the moment.

>TO BE CONTINUED.


__________________

[Reply] #2
11-16-2014 01:31 AM
Joined: 10-18-2014
Posts: 1,453
offline
Applejack
Applejack
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 34

Nice work, man.


__________________

[Reply] #3
11-16-2014 01:35 AM
Joined: 01-09-2013
Posts: 14,109
offline
Ori
Ori
Hyperactive Vagabond
Rep: 107

Thank you for being the only person to post I appreciate it.


__________________

[Reply] #4
11-16-2014 01:36 AM
Joined: 10-18-2014
Posts: 1,453
offline
Applejack
Applejack
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 34

No problem. Effort like this deserves some attention.


__________________

[Reply] #5
11-16-2014 01:37 AM
Joined: 01-09-2013
Posts: 14,109
offline
Ori
Ori
Hyperactive Vagabond
Rep: 107

We should play cards sometime.


__________________

[Reply] #6
11-16-2014 02:09 AM
Joined: 01-31-2014
Posts: 23,267
offline
PG15
PG15
Show me ya moves
Rep: 204

*Opens all spoilers.*
Mind summarizing it for me?


__________________

[Reply] #7
11-16-2014 02:19 AM
Joined: 01-09-2013
Posts: 14,109
offline
Ori
Ori
Hyperactive Vagabond
Rep: 107

RussianCoffeeAddict wrote: *Opens all spoilers.*
Mind summarizing it for me?

Did you read them in order by following the instructions?


__________________

[Reply] #8
11-17-2014 12:18 AM
Joined: 07-08-2010
Posts: 14,864
offline
-Jade-
-Jade-
—L33T Troll—
Rep: 225

Quality.


__________________

[Reply] #9
11-17-2014 12:21 AM
Joined: 08-31-2014
Posts: 4,551
offline
Saffron
Saffron
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 63

Make more plz

[1]

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact