Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

Analyzing Text

<< First < Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next > Last >>

[Reply] #61
02-11-2015 09:58 PM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 21,828
offline
Deus Ex Nihilo
Deus Ex Nihilo
Guy below me is a pedo
Rep: 121

Van Hohenheim NLI wrote:

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote: Goku was never said to be faster than lightning, in that popo instance it was an obvious metaphor because Popo kept saying “You must be calm as the sky and as fast as lightning”, that’s no different than Mulan’s “you must be quick as the coursing river, with all the strength of a great typhoon”.


Lol.


ďBursting forth with his rage and pain, burning the enemy with the fire of molten starsĒ

Tez wrote:
In this instance though, since the imagery depicts Odin frying another being alive with a very power energy burst(Hence Freyja saying the Odinforce is rising within him and bursting forth) it’s safe to say the statement can be taken literally in some sense, but I digress.


So there is literally “fire” in the imagery? I see lighting, but not fire.
And the fire is literally “molten stars”?

It just means that Odin is burning the enemy with the temperature of extemely hot stars.





but like I said I digress, I’m not getting sucked back into your infinite spiral of circular reasoning and fallacious conundrum of stupidity.


__________________

[Reply] #62
02-11-2015 10:07 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote: Usually a metaphor uses a different example to represent something else, but in this case it’s just another synonymous definition of Omnipotent you retard. It’s a more casual and loose use of the term but now that I think about it, it isn’t actually a metaphor in a traditional sense at all.


Do you know what a figure of speech is? No, you don’t otherwise you wouldn’t be comparing it to specifically a metaphor.

Yeah it is used loosely, just like figures of speech.

[Reply] #63
02-11-2015 10:14 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Let’s recap:



Tez:ďomnipotent is not a figure of speechĒ
Us:ďyes it is, here is why."
Tez:ďin comics itís not used like that( literally)"
Us:ďThatís what weíre telling youĒ
Tez:" I already knew it was a figure of speech, so whatís your point?"
Me:" you’re stupid”
Tez: “the definition of metaphor is comparing stuff. Omnipotent here is used in a loose (gasp, just like figures of speech) way.
Now that I think about it omnipotent isn’t used in a metaphoric way here, at all."
Me:“do you know what figure of speech means?"

[Reply] #64
02-11-2015 10:19 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote: It just means that Odin is burning the enemy with the temperature of extemely hot stars.


but like I said I digress, I’m not getting sucked back into your infinite spiral of circular reasoning and fallacious conundrum of stupidity.


No way, a figure of speech...who would of thunk?

In other words, you don’t want to look stupid here as well. It’s too late for that.

Lightning, ain’t fire. And there is no such thing as molten stars, and no plasma isn’t a liquid, so don’t even bring that up, again.

[Reply] #65
02-11-2015 10:46 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Van Hohenheim NLI wrote:

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote: Usually a metaphor uses a different example to represent something else, but in this case it’s just another synonymous definition of Omnipotent you retard. It’s a more casual and loose use of the term but now that I think about it, it isn’t actually a metaphor in a traditional sense at all.


Do you know what a figure of speech is? No, you don’t otherwise you wouldn’t be comparing it to specifically a metaphor.

Yeah it is used loosely, just like figures of speech.


Just to add what I missed:
A metaphor is"a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
"ďI had fallen through a trapdoor of depression,Ē said Mark, who was fond of theatrical metaphors”
synonyms: figure of speech, image, trope, analogy, comparison, symbol, word painting/picture
“the profusion of metaphors in her everyday speech has gotten pretty tiresome”
a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.
“the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering”"

What omnipotent means (original meaning):

Origin

Middle English (as a divine attribute): via Old French from Latin omnipotent- 'all-powerful'.

Omnipotent is a figure of speech/metaphor(missed this at first, since it wasn’t my argument) in the context you are talking about.

[Reply] #66
02-11-2015 10:46 PM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 21,828
offline
Deus Ex Nihilo
Deus Ex Nihilo
Guy below me is a pedo
Rep: 121

Here we go with this “plasma isn’t a liquid” stupidity again, never said it was. I said it resembles liquids in stars and flows like it, one of the original people who discovered plasma, NAMED it plasma because it looked like blood plasma.


__________________

Edited 02-11-2015 10:47 PM by Deus Ex Nihilo
[Reply] #67
02-11-2015 10:58 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote: Here we go with this “plasma isn’t a liquid” stupidity again, never said it was. I said it resembles liquids in stars and flows like it, one of the original people who discovered plasma, NAMED it plasma because it looked like blood plasma.


Lol, you claim you didn’t mean plasma was liquid yet you showed an image of blood plasma to prove plasma is in liquid shape.
You even admit you fucked up.

Prove it flows like a liquid and no the stars don’t have liquids.

Prove he named it plasma because it looked like blood plasma.

I’ll help you look for it, in fact.

[Reply] #68
02-11-2015 11:04 PM
drink booty sweat
Guest

this thread should read shigurui

[Reply] #69
02-11-2015 11:04 PM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 21,828
offline
Deus Ex Nihilo
Deus Ex Nihilo
Guy below me is a pedo
Rep: 121

Google Irving Lagmuir




I admitted I messed up with my phrasing, but I didn’t literally mean plasma was liquid, everyone picked up on that except for your dumb ass although I know you’re desperate to make me lok bad.



And I posted the image of blood plasma because you seemed confident there was no such thing as liquid plasma, not that the sun is made of blood plasma.


__________________

[Reply] #70
02-11-2015 11:34 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote: Google Irving Lagmuir



You’re getting exposed by me and you still don’t know when to admit defeat.
Irving, didn’t name it plasma because it looked like blood plasma.

http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/whplasma.html

“Co., studying electronic devices based on ionized gases, and the way the electrified fluid carried high velocity electrons, ions and impurities reminded him of the way blood plasma carried red and white corpuscles and germs.


Deus Ex Nihilo wrote:
I admitted I messed up with my phrasing, but I didn’t literally mean plasma was liquid, everyone picked up on that except for your dumb ass although I know you’re desperate to make me lok bad.


No, you actually fucked up. You tried to save face by saying you mixed up blood plasma and plasma. I’m not interpreting this in a different way. Then you claimed you were just referring to plasma in a liquid way because it looks like it, or some shit.

Tez wrote: I said plasma was a liquid substance and I got blood plasma and actual plasma mixed way the fuck up




Deus Ex Nihilo wrote:
And I posted the image of blood plasma because you seemed confident there was no such thing as liquid plasma, not that the sun is made of blood plasma.




No, you didn’t post the image of blood plasma to show me there was such a thing as blood plasma.
You showed blood plasma when I said you didn’t know what plasma was, so you thought the image was showing plasma(state of matter) in liquid form.

Tez wrote:

El Mata wrote:
Then you donít understand what plasma is. And no you fucking didnít, you should have used your google fu, before you spoke.


[img]http://www.pennmedicine.org/health_info/images/19432.jpg[/img]
How strong is my google fu master?



Even with these quotes and prove in your face, you’re still going to deny it by making up BS.

[Reply] #71
02-11-2015 11:50 PM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Full quote of you implying blood plasma is the same thing as plasma.

Tez wrote:

El Mata wrote:

Tez wrote: I know what the fuck plasma is but I mean itís liquid like,


Then you donít understand what plasma is. And no you fucking didnít, you should have used your google fu, before you spoke.


[img]http://www.pennmedicine.org/health_info/images/19432.jpg[/img]
How strong is my google fu master?



And I’m still waiting for you to prove plasma is like a liquid.

[Reply] #72
02-11-2015 11:55 PM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 21,828
offline
Deus Ex Nihilo
Deus Ex Nihilo
Guy below me is a pedo
Rep: 121

Van Hohenheim NLI wrote:

You’re getting exposed by me and you still don’t know when to admit defeat.
Irving, didn’t name it plasma because it looked like blood plasma.


http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/whplasma.html

“Co., studying electronic devices based on ionized gases, and the way the electrified fluid carried high velocity electrons, ions and impurities reminded him of the way blood plasma carried red and white corpuscles and germs.

I wonder how long it’ll take before his moron realizes this proves my point that plasma can flow like liquid.


So it reminded him of blood plasma, and he named it after blood plasma. Are you retarded or what?



No, you actually fucked up. You tried to save face by saying you mixed up blood plasma and plasma. I’m not interpreting this in a different way. Then you claimed you were just referring to plasma in a liquid way because it looks like it, or some shit.

I didn’t mix them up necessarily, I referred to blood plasma because of Irving’s discovery and just how it reminded me of blood plasma, the way it looks and flows inside of stars is reminiscent of that so I simply called it a “liquid substance' in a more casual usage of the term. I should have known you’re not quite smart and desperate to make me seem like some idiot and wouldn’t pick up on that though.




No, you didn’t post the image of blood plasma to show me there was such a thing as blood plasma.
You showed blood plasma when I said you didn’t know what plasma was, so you thought the image was showing plasma(state of matter) in liquid form.

Again, that’s what your stupid ass interpreted. I know what plasma is, I was going to post Irving’s history and how he named plasma AFTER blood plasma, but I held off because I figured you’d discover it on your own and be intelligent enough to realize what I was referencing. Unfortunately that didn’t happen and your stupid ass assumed “Oh he must think that blood plasma is inside stars”

I know not to be so cryptic with your retarded ass ever again, and you were obviously uneducated to the fact that Irving called it that because it did behave similarly to blood plasma. It was NEVER called plasma before he called it that, it was called “Radiant Gas” by Sir William Crooks before hand.



Even with these quotes and prove in your face, you’re still going to deny it by making up BS.

All I said was “how strong was my google fu” and like I said up above, your stupid ass got the wrong context out of me posting that image. Even when your retarded ass is presented with evidence of Plasma being called plasma because of how it flowed and behaved you want to act like I’m the ignorant one.


__________________

Edited 02-11-2015 11:57 PM by Deus Ex Nihilo
[Reply] #73
02-12-2015 12:06 AM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

More context:

Tez wrote:

El Mata wrote: Itís like you never took a science class.



Iím the one who never took a science class and your stupid ass has no idea that there is a such thing as liquid plasma?



Tez wrote:

El Mata wrote:
Then you donít understand what plasma is. And no you fucking didnít, you should have used your google fu, before you spoke.


[img]http://www.pennmedicine.org/health_info/images/19432.jpg[/img]
How strong is my google fu master?



Tez wrote:

El Mata wrote:
Oh, and it runs backwards, too. Iím quoting the gif that Sheko posted to describe you, lol.
Nobody calls plasma as being in a LIQUID STATE
How the fuck does this look like a liquid?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkeSI_B5Ljc


There is a such thing as blood plasma too retard.



Tez wrote:

Scooby Snacks wrote:
To the bolded: We donít call it that. We call it Plasma. Stop being an idiot. Seriously. Anyone who calls it that(you) is a moron.


I understand you are EXTREMELY butthurt and have a vendetta from the time I owned you in that one silver surfer thread, so you have been BEGGING for the time for me to slip up and make a mistake, and you feel as though this is your chance.


But blood plasma does exist you fucking idiot lol.



Tez wrote: Again, you act like I made an entire fucking case on whether or not plasma is liquid, itís not that serious and Iím not religiously arguing that plasma is a liquid.

[Reply] #74
02-12-2015 12:08 AM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 21,828
offline
Deus Ex Nihilo
Deus Ex Nihilo
Guy below me is a pedo
Rep: 121

Thanks for wasting your time because that proves nothing bruh.








You’re the quote mining champ, I’ll give you that one though.


__________________

Edited 02-12-2015 12:08 AM by Deus Ex Nihilo
[Reply] #75
02-12-2015 12:12 AM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 21,828
offline
Deus Ex Nihilo
Deus Ex Nihilo
Guy below me is a pedo
Rep: 121

Holy shit this guy is the definition of stone wall.









Irving uses an electric fluid to experiment on plasma and because of it’s behavior he names it plasma, and you are still asking me to prove plasma is like a liquid?


__________________

Edited 02-12-2015 12:12 AM by Deus Ex Nihilo
[Reply] #76
02-12-2015 01:02 AM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote:

Van Hohenheim NLI wrote:

You’re getting exposed by me and you still don’t know when to admit defeat.
Irving, didn’t name it plasma because it looked like blood plasma.


http://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/whplasma.html

“Co., studying electronic devices based on ionized gases, and the way the electrified fluid carried high velocity electrons, ions and impurities reminded him of the way blood plasma carried red and white corpuscles and germs.

I wonder how long it’ll take before his moron realizes this proves my point that plasma can flow like liquid.

So it reminded him of blood plasma, and he named it after blood plasma. Are you retarded or what?


Is this kid serious? It says that an electrified fluid can carry high velocity electrons. So how does that prove your point? Unless the electrified fluid is plasma, you don’t have a point.

That doesn’t prove your point.

It reminded him of blood plasma because




Tez wrote:
I didn’t mix them up necessarily, I referred to blood plasma because of Irving’s discovery and just how it reminded me of blood plasma, the way it looks and flows inside of stars is reminiscent of that so I simply called it a “liquid substance' in a more casual usage of the term. I should have known you’re not quite smart and desperate to make me seem like some idiot and wouldn’t pick up on that though.


I already showed your quotes and the meaning is completely different, stop lying.
So you posted blood plasma because it reminded you of a liquid?
That’s not at all what you meant at first. You clearly thought blood plasma was plasma, hence why you posted it when I said you didn’t know what plasma(when you mentioned it was a liquid substance) was.

Tez wrote:
Again, that’s what your stupid ass interpreted. I know what plasma is, I was going to post Irving’s history and how he named plasma AFTER blood plasma, but I held off because I figured you’d discover it on your own and be intelligent enough to realize what I was referencing. Unfortunately that didn’t happen and your stupid ass assumed “Oh he must think that blood plasma is inside stars”


No, you didn’t.
Except plasma is not electrified fluid.

Tez wrote:
I know not to be so cryptic with your retarded ass ever again, and you were obviously uneducated to the fact that Irving called it that because it did behave similarly to blood plasma. It was NEVER called plasma before he called it that, it was called “Radiant Gas” by Sir William Crooks before hand.


More irrelevant info to this thread that you got from wiki.

Tez wrote:
All I said was “how strong was my google fu” and like I said up above, your stupid ass got the wrong context out of me posting that image. Even when your retarded ass is presented with evidence of Plasma being called plasma because of how it flowed and behaved you want to act like I’m the ignorant one.


The context was clear, your education on plasma is piss poor.
If you truly did know that lightning and plasma were the same you would have mentioned it, if you knew plasma and blood plasma were not the same thing, you wouldn’t have mentioned it.


Deus Ex Nihilo wrote:
Irving uses an electric fluid to experiment on plasma and because of it’s behavior he names it plasma, and you are still asking me to prove plasma is like a liquid?


It’s not electric fluid, it’s electrified fluid. And I haven’t come across anything that says electrified fluids are plasma. Is gold a fluid now, since it carries electrons?

[Reply] #77
02-12-2015 01:39 AM
Joined: 11-30-2013
Posts: 21,828
offline
Deus Ex Nihilo
Deus Ex Nihilo
Guy below me is a pedo
Rep: 121

Van Hohenheim NLI wrote:

It reminded him of blood plasma because

I love how the sentence just sort of cut out right here, like he was going to make an excuse, but couldn’t find any other excuse good enough as to why it’d be called plasma for another reason.





I already showed your quotes and the meaning is completely different, stop lying.

Meh, you posting those quotes help more than hurt tbh.


So you posted blood plasma because it reminded you of a liquid?
That’s not at all what you meant at first. You clearly thought blood plasma was plasma, hence why you posted it when I said you didn’t know what plasma(when you mentioned it was a liquid substance) was.

Ok so basically, you can’t actually prove that’s what I meant by posting the image right? It’s just an assumption of yours and nothing more?

This basically all just comes down to your word vs my word at the end of the day and who is intelligent enough to pick up on why I posted that image. But you’re known for doing this, like when znjfl was speaking up to zeed about his standard of evidence for Broly’s galaxy busting feat, and you twisted it around to try and mean “Oh he’s trying to say the feat isn’t legit because of that!"

And you knew damn well what he meant, and if you didn’t then you’re extremely stupid. You have the tendency to try and tarnish and ruin the reputation of members you don’t like by lying and quote mining. And the reason you don’t like him is because znjfl has exposed you many times for being and idiot and banned you for trolling.

With me it’s because I absolutely destroy you in any debate, I can be 100% wrong on any subject and you still can’t refute me properly. That’s why you’re so deadset on trying to make me look like some idiot who is scientifically illiterate, and made 2 separate threads from a topic that has long since been locked. Nobody seems to care as much as you do.


No, you didn’t.
Except plasma is not electrified fluid.

Explain to the world what electrified fluid is then professor mataderp?



More irrelevant info to this thread that you got from wiki.

Not once in our entire little exchange did I go and check wikipedia lol.


The context was clear, your education on plasma is piss poor.
If you truly did know that lightning and plasma were the same you would have mentioned it, if you knew plasma and blood plasma were not the same thing, you wouldn’t have mentioned it.

I mentioned blood plasma to indicate why plasma is called plasma, you are so educated and know so much more about the topic than I do that you couldn’t comprehend why I kept bringing up blood plasma, and instead assumed I only brought it up because I thought stars were made of blood plasma.

You are “piss-poor” at conecting the dots, if you were as educated on the subject matter as you imply to be then you would have instantly realized why I posted an image of blood plasma. But I see now you had no idea what the origin of plasma even was and why it’s named that.



It’s not electric fluid, it’s electrified fluid. And I haven’t come across anything that says electrified fluids are plasma. Is gold a fluid now, since it carries electrons?

So wtf do you think it means when it says electrified fluid, and tell me why do you think it has to do with plasma? Or DOESN’T in this case, which is epicly fucking stupid because the term was coined because of said fluid’s behavior and why plasma is called plasma today.


__________________

Edited 02-12-2015 01:43 AM by Deus Ex Nihilo
[Reply] #78
02-12-2015 02:51 AM
Joined: 01-31-2014
Posts: 23,267
offline
PG15
PG15
Show me ya moves
Rep: 204

I thought this would be something involving translation of a language not in English, or something along those lines.


__________________

Edited 02-12-2015 02:54 AM by PG15
[Reply] #79
02-12-2015 02:53 AM
Joined: 01-31-2014
Posts: 23,267
offline
PG15
PG15
Show me ya moves
Rep: 204

Van Hohenheim wrote: This thread is for the purpose of discussion literature work of any kind. If you don’t want to make a separate thread, then you’re welcome to use this thread to ask a question of interpreting or analyzing text.

To get started, I’d like to inquire the help of MVC, in determining if this sentence is literal or figurative:

“Bursting forth with his rage and pain, burning the enemy with the fire of molten stars”

In my opinion, this sentence couldn’t be more figurative, but a person thinks that we should take some parts literal and use occam razor.
But only to a certain extent, according to the individual the first part of the sentence is of no real importance to the overall sentence. It’s merely a transition, hence the comma. I do not agree with this notion, to think this would be a mistake.
Even if the comma was to indicate a transition,(and not another of it’s many uses) it doesn’t make the first part of the sentence unrelated to the second, as he seems to imply.

Keep this in mind, the real question is: [The question is if the attack is literally “fire of molten stars”]

I’d like to give my interpretation of the sentence:
&#147;Bursting forth with his rage and pain, burning the enemy with the fire of molten stars&#148;
This statement was made by Thor’s mother after her daughter was thought to be killed. Odin, in a fit of rage, attacks the Heven that stabbed the child.

Based on the constant figurative language and the sentence, itself, I concluded that it’s couldn’t be any more figurate.
According to the sentence: What is being burst forth is linked with his “rage and pain”. The way the sentence is written, is implying that the attack, in itself, is “rage and pain”. This is the first indication that the sentence is using figurative language and thus the attack is not literally “fire of molten stars”.
Examples of the phrase “Bursting forth”, in more media:
http://www.webwriter.f2s.com/moody/lyrics/toccc.htm
" Blasting, billowing, bursting forth
With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Man,
with his flaming pyre
Has conquered the wayward breezes”


Moving on, to the next part of the sentence: “burning the enemy with fire of molten stars”. The scan is posted below, anyone can see that the attack is not fire, at all. The person arguing that the the second part of the sentence is literal claims that fire is usually referred as fire, what he doesn’t tell or doesn’t understand is that--that in-itself is a metaphor. This can not get anymore clear than this.
“molten stars”, to my knowledge, there is no such thing as molten stars. It’s clear to most that this is a metaphor like “time is money” or “ice cold lyrics”.
And generally fire is associated with fire, that’s probably why the word fire was used in the first place.

Now that I broke down the sentence, I’d like to put it together and analyze it in context.
“Bursting forth with his rage and pain, burning the enemy with the fire of molten stars”
So the attack is being described as being with his “rage and pain”, so the attack is, in itself, “rage and pain”. And his “rage and pain” is being described as “fire of molten stars”.


Feel free to add, relevant and useful input.


The phrase is from this comic scan.


This is more context. The conversation is connected, so the tone is easy to understand an is linear.


&#147;You spoke of fire. Of blood. Of a war that makes all conflicts since seem like the shadows of a child&#146;s game&#148;.


"...But I lived it. And it cost me all&#148;.


And you could have concluded that it was figurative without making a wall of text.
Anyone could without typing anything.
Also: Wait...is this about VS?
Did you put something that should really be in VS or something, into literature? Cause the way the OP is phrased makes it feel like that...


__________________

Edited 02-12-2015 02:59 AM by PG15
[Reply] #80
02-12-2015 02:55 AM
Van Hohenheim NLI
Guest

The ghost of Mark Twain is haunting me now, lol. He couldn’t be more right about stupid people dragging you down to their level and beating you at their game.

A correction I would like to make is that plasma does behave like a fluid,not liquid, but fluid. Only one state doesn’t and it should be obvious which, if you haven’t debated Tez.

Deus Ex Nihilo wrote: I love how the sentence just sort of cut out right here, like he was going to make an excuse, but couldn’t find any other excuse good enough as to why it’d be called plasma for another reason.


That sentence was part of the first post of were I mentioned Irving, I don’t know why it was placed here. Your flip-flopping and trying to anticipate your BS excuses is making it hard to concentrate.


Tez wrote:
Ok so basically, you can’t actually prove that’s what I meant by posting the image right? It’s just an assumption of yours and nothing more?


Everyone understands what you implied.

Tez wrote:
This basically all just comes down to your word vs my word at the end of the day and who is intelligent enough to pick up on why I posted that image. But you’re known for doing this, like when znjfl was speaking up to zeed about his standard of evidence for Broly’s galaxy busting feat, and you twisted it around to try and mean “Oh he’s trying to say the feat isn’t legit because of that!“


If you want to discuss that particular text, then bring it here.

Tez wrote:
With me it’s because I absolutely destroy you in any debate, I can be 100% wrong on any subject and you still can’t refute me properly. That’s why you’re so deadset on trying to make me look like some idiot who is scientifically illiterate, and made 2 separate threads from a topic that has long since been locked. Nobody seems to care as much as you do.


Let me put this in the universal, not so openly spoken in public, way people look at you. We all know your too stupid to understand when you’ve been beaten or humiliated. Even if I were to give my account to the best debater in the world and he were to give you a spanking, you wouldn’t be able to process that you got a beating.
Moses, owned you when he was here.I, own you. Clementine, owned you-and the funny part was that everyone was saying you got owned, but you couldn’t compute it. Facts, own you.
The reason why I give you a hard time is because you call other people stupid, I’ve said this before: I don’t like hypocrites. And what other better way to prove you’re wrong than to call you out in scientific mistakes? But, like I mentioned before, you’re immune to facts.


Tez wrote:
Explain to the world what electrified fluid is then professor mataderp?


I already told you to prove what electrified fluid was, in the part you snipped out.


Tez wrote:
Not once in our entire little exchange did I go and check wikipedia lol.


You’re telling me you already knew who Irving was? Just watch Tez not answer the question.

Tez wrote:
I mentioned blood plasma to indicate why plasma is called plasma,


Lol, no you didn’t. If that was what you were intending you would have been more clear.
You’re flip flopping again:

Tez wrote:
And I posted the image of blood plasma because you seemed confident there was no such thing as liquid plasma


Notice that posting an image of blood plasma to show there is such a thing (for no reason at all) blood plasma, is different than mentioning blood plasma to indicate why plasma is called plasma.

Tez wrote:
you are so educated and know so much more about the topic than I do that you couldn’t comprehend why I kept bringing up blood plasma,


Because that had nothing to do with the Sun’s plasma nor with how plasma was also a liquid.

Tez wrote:
and instead assumed I only brought it up because I thought stars were made of blood plasma.


You’re welcomed to go look back at your quotes. Why did you say you mixed up blood plasma and plasma? Oh yeah, because you thought blood plasma was also plasma. Just man up and admit you were wrong. Have I shattered your e-rep, so much that you don’t even want to admit anymore that you’re wrong?

Tez wrote:
You are “piss-poor” at conecting the dots, if you were as educated on the subject matter as you imply to be then you would have instantly realized why I posted an image of blood plasma. But I see now you had no idea what the origin of plasma even was and why it’s named that.


The only thing I know about plasma is its composition and some general equations for it, that’s it; the basic stuff you learn at school. I didn’t learn nor inquire who discovered it nor how or why or when.
What you want us to believe is that:
1.) By showing an image of blood plasma you were going to win the debate of how the plasma was liquid substance.
2.) You didn’t directly state something you would have done, if you knew about it. The same way you post images of things to the nature I explained.
3.) You already knew all this stuff about plasma, before the debate.

This can’t be believe by a thinking person.


Tez wrote:
So wtf do you think it means when it says electrified fluid, and tell me why do you think it has to do with plasma? Or DOESN’T in this case, which is epicly fucking stupid because the term was coined because of said fluid’s behavior and why plasma is called plasma today.


I already know what it means. I was mistakenly associating liquid with fluid. So electrified fluid is referring to plasma.
But this doesn’t mean it behaves like a liquid as you said before:

Tez wrote: It can behave like a liquid depending on itís composition, or be as energetic as lightning. In stars it behaves kind of like a liquid and is really compact and dense which is why I said that.


You keep flip-flopping and it’s getting tiring and annoying.

<< First < Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next > Last >>

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact