Remember me
[Forgot password?] [Register]
[Login]
menu

MVC stuff

[1]

[Reply] #1
02-18-2018 12:41 PM
the lounge being back is great...
Guest

but even with search engine optimization, it will likely take some work to get this place active again. is anybody willing to put in that work?

these are the kinds of questions we need to be asking ourselves. for starters, is there even a we? who is this place know?

i love the lounge, and this is a phresh place for this site. but a plan is needed, its not like the old days. even with search engine optimization, people are less likely to stick around at a place with so little active userbase

to change that, thr

[Reply] #2
03-10-2018 03:14 PM
Joined: 12-14-2009
Posts: 6,655
offline
Fabulous Falsey
Fabulous Falsey
Pale Horse
Rep: 116

Well, you clearly weren’t willing to even finish your post


__________________

Cid wrote: Anybody that thinks Falsey has any intentions of being a productive member, much less than bettering the site, is a moron.

[Reply] #3
03-10-2018 06:44 PM
Joined: 06-04-2015
Posts: 407
offline
colorles
colorles
Regular
Rep: 14

nor do i have any intention of reading yours

[Reply] #4
03-10-2018 06:59 PM
Joined: 06-04-2015
Posts: 407
offline
colorles
colorles
Regular
Rep: 14

why don’t you do something then...oh...wait

Cid wrote: Anybody that thinks Falsey has any intentions of being a productive member, much less than bettering the site, is a moron.



what i was going to say is that even with search engine optimization, people will not be as likely to stick around on such an inactive site. the site needs to appear active, for people to stick around, and as more and more people stick around, well, as the say “the ball keeps rolling”

how to do that? there needs to be a coordinated effort of posters that come on in groups, in shifts, at various parts of the day/their day/night/whenever posters come on here. thus, any new people that hit this site up, will be more likely to stick around when they see some activity

with a coordinated effort, this site could be genuinely active again, with a self sustained, self feeding user base

[Reply] #5
03-11-2018 06:29 PM
Joined: 11-02-2013
Posts: 6,481
offline
Butt Stallion
Butt Stallion
Booty hunter
Rep: 68

colorles wrote: why don’t you do something then...oh...wait

Cid wrote: Anybody that thinks Falsey has any intentions of being a productive member, much less than bettering the site, is a moron.



what i was going to say is that even with search engine optimization, people will not be as likely to stick around on such an inactive site. the site needs to appear active, for people to stick around, and as more and more people stick around, well, as the say “the ball keeps rolling”

how to do that? there needs to be a coordinated effort of posters that come on in groups, in shifts, at various parts of the day/their day/night/whenever posters come on here. thus, any new people that hit this site up, will be more likely to stick around when they see some activity

with a coordinated effort, this site could be genuinely active again, with a self sustained, self feeding user base



Good luck with that. Even if you paid us all, I doubt you’d get the regularity you’re looking for.

I want to see it recover too, but don’t get your hopes up.


__________________

[Reply] #6
03-27-2018 12:09 PM
Joined: 02-21-2015
Posts: 1,073
offline
Valaraukar
Valaraukar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 10

I think it’s already pretty good that so many people found out this is alive again, after being dead for all of 2017.

[Reply] #7
03-29-2018 09:25 PM
Shinkenger
Guest

Valaraukar wrote: I think it’s already pretty good that so many people found out this is alive again, after being dead for all of 2017.



They only know because of T5.
But it’s too late: The damage is done.

Not just to the userbase, but to the site layout and to many old threads that once existed on this site, especially the ones that had the most traffic.

[Reply] #8
04-01-2018 08:23 AM
Joined: 02-21-2015
Posts: 1,073
offline
Valaraukar
Valaraukar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 10

Shinkenger wrote:

Valaraukar wrote: I think it’s already pretty good that so many people found out this is alive again, after being dead for all of 2017.



They only know because of T5.
But it’s too late: The damage is done.

Not just to the userbase, but to the site layout and to many old threads that once existed on this site, especially the ones that had the most traffic.



The damage has been done? That’s what people have been saying for 2 fucking years. I like this site’s layout better than T5s, damage can be fixed, only if Bjarne would do it. *sigh*

[Reply] #9
04-01-2018 12:13 PM
Joined: 11-02-2013
Posts: 6,481
offline
Butt Stallion
Butt Stallion
Booty hunter
Rep: 68

Valaraukar wrote:

Shinkenger wrote:

Valaraukar wrote: I think it’s already pretty good that so many people found out this is alive again, after being dead for all of 2017.



They only know because of T5.
But it’s too late: The damage is done.

Not just to the userbase, but to the site layout and to many old threads that once existed on this site, especially the ones that had the most traffic.



The damage has been done? That’s what people have been saying for 2 fucking years. I like this site’s layout better than T5s, damage can be fixed, only if Bjarne would do it. *sigh*


The damage has been done dude. T5 is the barest fraction of what MVC was, and that’s the route that we’d be expecting rejuvination from.


__________________

[Reply] #10
04-01-2018 03:35 PM
Joined: 02-21-2015
Posts: 1,073
offline
Valaraukar
Valaraukar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 10

Butt Stallion wrote:

Valaraukar wrote:

Shinkenger wrote:

Valaraukar wrote: I think it’s already pretty good that so many people found out this is alive again, after being dead for all of 2017.



They only know because of T5.
But it’s too late: The damage is done.

Not just to the userbase, but to the site layout and to many old threads that once existed on this site, especially the ones that had the most traffic.



The damage has been done? That’s what people have been saying for 2 fucking years. I like this site’s layout better than T5s, damage can be fixed, only if Bjarne would do it. *sigh*


The damage has been done dude. T5 is the barest fraction of what MVC was, and that’s the route that we’d be expecting rejuvination from.


Whatever you’re trying to say by this.

[Reply] #11
04-04-2018 12:39 PM
Joined: 02-21-2015
Posts: 1,073
offline
Valaraukar
Valaraukar
UBER 1337 Poster
Rep: 10

Where did this site’s members originally even come from?

[Reply] #12
04-04-2018 02:44 PM
Joined: 11-02-2013
Posts: 6,481
offline
Butt Stallion
Butt Stallion
Booty hunter
Rep: 68

Valaraukar wrote: Where did this site’s members originally even come from?


Mostly drifted in after looking up threads. I remember Goku vs. Superman and 'I am lonely will anyone talk to me' being popular ones.

MAC’s userbase was built up over time.


__________________

[Reply] #13
04-05-2018 09:27 PM
Joined: 01-03-2014
Posts: 9,819
offline
Nerise
Nerise
Legendary
Rep: 100

Valaraukar wrote: Where did this site’s members originally even come from?



From the depths of the internet void


__________________

[Reply] #14
04-18-2018 03:35 AM
Joined: 10-14-2010
Posts: 21,587
offline
Kinasin
Kinasin
You miss me?!
Rep: 345

So many memories~


__________________

http://kinasin.tumblr.com/

[1]

New Reply
Name (guest):

For faster posting and no restrictions: [Login] [Register]

Message:


 
 

[More Options] [New Topic]
Moderated by: Phobetius, Zeroextra, - FS -, Admins, Superusers [All moderators]
The Lounge Forums ©Silicon.dk ApS 2012 - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - FAQ - Contact